Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ DragonLance Gone Wrong ❯ Xak Tsaroth ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: We don't own YYH or DL.

Thank you to the one reviewer that we have. FINALLY! Another person who has read the DragonLance series! Here's the third chapter. Next chapter might be a surprise that you won't expect......Any ways, here's the chapter!

~*~ Chapter 3: Xak Tsaroth ~*~

Yusuke and the rest of them brought Kurama into the temple.............

"What happened?" said Yukina as they came into the temple.

"Some type of magical darkness was cast, and when we could see again we found Kurama like this," said Yusuke.

"Let me try something," said Yukina as a strange thought occurred to her.

She touched her staff to Kurama, and the crystal on the staff started glowing blue. There was a blinding flash and Kurama was standing before them looking like nothing had ever happened to him.

"Well *blink**blink* that was interesting," said Kurama.

"You fool you could have been killed," said an angry little fire Koormie.

"You think I wanted a 30 foot-long dragon to burn me to death?" said Kurama angrily.

"Uh oh, angry demons. ... RUN FOR YOUR LIVES," said Yusuke.

"...," said Hiei and Kurama looking at Yusuke.

"Sooo..... what are we doing here anyway," said Kuwabara.

"Ummm........," said Yusuke, "because the Forestmaster told us to come here."

"And if she told you jump off a cliff, would you?" said Hiei.

"Aww shut up Hiei," said Yusuke starting to get angry.

"Anyway.... lets start looking around," said Kurama.

They started exploring the temple.

Suddenly they heard Rinku's shout of, "Hey guys, I found a stair case."

"I wonder what's down there," said Yusuke as he walked over.

"Why don't you go down and look for us, detective," said Hiei.

"Why don't you cast a spell and take us back to our world," said Yusuke.

"..."

"That's what I thought," said Yusuke. "Lets go down there and look."

They started going down the stairs and they came to a hall, they go down to the end of a corridor, where they would have been in the open and stopped when they heard a screeching noise.

Jin says, "Hey! How about I go check, then come back and tell you what I see, Yusuke?"

Yusuke nodded. Jin crept away from them and, to everyone's surprise, made less noise than a mouse on thick carpet.

Jin flitted through the shadows and opened a door directly in front of him. He saw that there was what once must have been a vast chamber hall. Hall of the Ancestors, he thought Hiei had called it. Now it was more like the Hall of Ruins. He heard the screeching noise again and saw that it was actually a giant pot that brought draconians up from below and some creatures, on of the other races of Krynn, went down so that the draconians could come up.

Jin raced back to his friends and quickly reported what happened to Yusuke, who, in turn, looked to be deep in thought. "Okay, that's south," he said at last. "What about east?"

"About a thousand-foot waterfall, by the sound of it," Jin said, smiling slightly at Yusuke. "Can we go now, I'm bored?"

Yusuke nodded and all the others left to follow Jin to where he had stopped. Suddenly, Touya glared at the door and sat down.

"What is it??" Botan asked, looking over at Touya.

"Gully Dwarves," Touya growled. "That's the race that Jin saw. And I'm not moving."

"It's too bad that the ice master is staying behind. After all, if we do get the dwarves to agree to help us, then who'll keep them in line?" Kuwabara asked, looking around.

"Well, Kurama, I guess," Yusuke said, amazed that Kuwabara could be so subtle.

"KURAMA?!" Touya exploded. "An overly-trusting person who probably wouldn't stab an opponent in the back?"

"You're right. I guess you'll have to come, Touya, to keep them in line," Chuu said.

"*Beep* right I am!" Touya said, picking up his pack and slinging it over his shoulder. "Coming?" he called over his shoulder.

Hiding their smiles, everyone followed Touya to another corridor, then to a crypt.

"I wonder why they're all lined up??" Rinku asked, looking at them.

"Now would be as good a time as any to find out," Kurama said, starting forward. He stopped when he felt Hiei's hand on his arm.

"Leave this to me," Hiei hissed, stepping forward. Chuu, Yusuke, and Kurama followed him.

The gully dwarves watched him in fascination as he made a coin, seemingly, flip around his knuckles. Then he threw it high into the air and... it vanished!

The watching gully dwarves gasped, then applauded when Hiei pulled the coin out again from the ear of one of the startled gully dwarves.

He then took out a piece of parchment and started to read from it. "Suh tangus moipar, ast akular kapilar," he whispered, fingers spread out. The gully dwarves' faces turned from appalling to open admiration. They patted his cloak with their grubby, small hands.

"What did you do to them, Hiei?" Kurama asked, looking over at his friend.

"I put them under a friendship spell," Hiei said, coughing a tiny bit.

Yusuke and Kuwabara exchanged looks, both thinking, He could have done that to any of us anytime and we would never have known.

So, they continued on until they came to the pots. The gully dwarves stopped here and motioned for the others to stop as well. The companions stopped and looked at Hiei.

"We have to wait until it is their turn to go to the pots," Hiei explained, motioning to the group of gully dwarves.

Yusuke nodded and told Jin to go take a look at how many guards there were there.

"There are four to each pot and a few others that tell the gully dwarves what to do," Jin said.

"That's not too many, we can take `em," said Chuu.

"So lets go," said Yusuke.

They started walking toward the pots, and when they saw the draconians they rushed them and overwhelmed two of the guards and one of the draconians got into one of the pots, while the other started the mechanism. Then it ran to the pot and jumped into it. Kuwabara ran and jumped into the pot after the draconians.

"He is going to get chopped into little pieces, I am going in after him," said Chuu.

"I am going, too. Lets go," said Touya as they started to jump into the pots.

Touya landed head first into the pot and Kuwabara promptly stepped on him. Chuu was still holding onto the chain attached to the pots. The two draconians pushed Kuwabara against the wall, and he punched one sending it flying to the other side of the pot (big pot I guess) and tried to stab the other one, but his dagger just bounced off the draconians armor and the draconian tried to gouge out Kuwabara's eyes. Kuwabara grabbed the draconians wrists and threw it against the other side of the pot. Chuu kicked one of the draconians in the face as it attacked Kuwabara. Chuu tried to club the draconian in the face with his sword, but the draconian grabs the blade and thrusts it away. Touya threw Kuwabara off balance when he stood up, which saved Kuwabara as the other draconians blade went through the air right where Kuwabara's head had been seconds before(lucky of him). Touya launched himself at the draconian and hit it in the chest with his head (Oww) and they both fell against the side of the pot. The pot starts swirling around in the foul mists and Yusuke drops down the chain, while telling Jin to stay where he was. Jin got out a rock and prepared to drop it, hopefully on an enemy.

Kurama is still standing with the gully dwarves, couldn't see what was going on. He could, however, hear many grunts, curses and groans coming from the pot holding his friends. The other pot came up through the mists carrying 20 angry draconians. Soon he and all the others left up here would be facing them. (Oh no. Better run for cover if I want to live!!)

Kurama grabbed Hiei's staff, ignoring Hiei's yells and curses, timed the rotation of the mechanism, and shoved the staff into the wheel, causing it to stop and the pot to stop rising.

"Kurama!" Yukina called from beside the holes. Kurama and Hiei both ran over to her and looked down into the swirling mists.

Kuwabara threw one of the draconians over the side of the pot. It fell with a shriek into the mists. Yusuke noticed that the other pot was swinging only about 20 feet away from them. Kuwabara swiped at the two draconians preparing to board and missed, sending the pot swinging wildly and making the pot tilt as Kuwabara lost his balance. (I wonder if he would survive this fall. After all, he was fine when he fell about 100 feet to the old ring in the semi-finals of the Dark Tournament. That was hilarious!) Chuu grabbed him and hoisted him back in the pot, shoving him to the other side as one of the draconians launched itself at the pot. Yusuke was already hacking at it's hands, hoping to make it let go. Jin, who had dropped down into the pot before the draconian came over, yelled at Kuwabara to stay where he was when the other draconian landed right next to Yusuke.

Yusuke turned to fight the draconian and fell over Touya, who picked up Kuwabara's dagger and stabbed the creature in the leg. Jin was hitting the same draconian over the head with a rock. (^_^ GO JIN!!! *Sweatdrops slightly*) Yusuke sighed in despair. He looked up and was suddenly hit over the head. The pain was excruciating. He felt himself falling....falling.....falling.....

Hiei had gathered the gully dwarves around him. "Those big bosses are trying to hurt me," he whispered to the gully dwarves. Most of them frowned, and a few even growled a little bit. "But you can help. All you have to do is hop on that chain," Hiei said, motioning to the chain that was attached to the draconians' pot. The gully dwarves grinned and ran over to the pot, yelling wildly. The grabbed the chain and Hiei ran over to get his staff. The wheel started turning again and moved more and more rapidly as the added weight of the gully dwarves carried it down.

Several of the draconians that had been about to spring lost their balance and fell, shrieking, their wings causing them to float harmlessly to the ground.

The pot with the companions rose and Kurama caught the side of the pot as it made it's way to the wheel.

"Is everyone alright?" Yukina called, helping Kuwabara out.

"Yusuke's hurt," Chuu said as he climbed out and help Jin and Touya out.

"It's just a bump," Yusuke said, feeling a large bump rising on the back of his head. "Well, we can't go that way, and we can't stay here for long. Are there any other ways?"

"I suppose not. It looks like we'll just have to leave," Botan said, frowning slightly.

"No! You no leave! I know way to Highbulp! Secret way!" One of the gully dwarves, Bupu, said. She had stayed behind. She led them down a corridor and took out a dead lizard. (Hey, I wonder if it's related to the draconians?? *Gets hit over the head with a random book* Ouch. I'll shut up now.)

They found themselves in a small, square room. Bupu led them over to a four-foot pipe. She motioned that they go down it and Jin went first. Then Hiei, grimacing in disgust, Yukina, the other girls, Kuwabara, Rinku, Yusuke, and Chuu. Before Yusuke slid down, Chuu said, "This is insane-I hope you know that!"

Yusuke turned around to look at him and said, "Sanity ended when we ended up in this crazy world!"

"True enough," The fighter agreed with a sigh.

After everyone made it through the tunnel, they found themselves gagging in a type of white mist. Bupu led all of them out and they sat down, thankful for the fresh air.

"Wait a moment! Where's Jin?" Yusuke asked, looking around.

"Here I am," came a miserable voice from behind them. Yusuke looked up to see Jin-at least, he thought it was Jin-covered from head to foot in powdery white stuff.

Yusuke ran over, fearing something dreadful, and saw that the mists had cleared. In one of the corners, several bulging bags of something lay. Two of them had split open, allowing Yusuke to see what they held. Then he understood.

"Flour," Yusuke said, covering his smile with his hand.

The companions looked around the city. Cracks in the ground, broken doors, windows, and buildings were the results of the Cataclysm. Water flowed along the street, washing down the cracks in the city. They washed the slime from themselves and the flour from Jin, then continued on their way. They followed the river and came to a waterfall. There, the rest of the ruined city of Xak Tsaroth lay. Some of the buildings were almost completely intact. Others, however, were so decayed that you could barely tell they were there.

"So, where does the Highbulp live and how do we get to him?" Kurama asked, curiosity making him ask.

"Down." Bupu gestured down, at the bottom of the waterfall, and said, "We go down."

"_What?! Are you crazy?!" Yusuke asked, looking over the edge. "That's gotta be a 500 foot drop!"

"Use vines!" Bupu said impatiently.

Kurama's eyes lit up and, without further delay, he walked over to the edge, grabbed a vine, and slithered down the cliff skillfully, a happy grin on his face the entire time.

"......" Yusuke was silent for a few moment. "Well," he said at last, blinking, "that was new. Shall we?" He helped Keiko get down the first bit and then went down himself, the others following him. Kurama was already at the bottom by the time Yusuke and Keiko got down.

"What took you so long?" Kurama asked, looking around.

"Well, unlike Some people, we can't slither down the cliff side," Yusuke snarled.

Kurama sighed and looked at Hiei, who was coughing violently. "We need to head that way to get to the Highbulp, according to Bupu," Kurama yelled above the noise of the waterfall, starting off. They walked into the plaza and stopped at the edge. There was about 100 feet of no cover at all, once they started. Then, the mists parted a bit and all of them saw the dragon. She was talking to a draconian. She soon went back into her lair.

"Okay, anyone got a better plan?" Kuwabara asked.

"Yeah. How about we lure it out and then kill it. Then we can go get the thing we came to get," Rinku said.

"Foolish child," Hiei hissed. "Do you really think that you will be able to defeat a dragon without spirit energy? No, we must continue with our plan. Otherwise, we will die."

Everyone nodded and they cautiously approached the building that Bupu said the Highbulp was in.

They crossed and nearly gagged from the smell alone. Nevertheless, they entered and went into a waiting room. After, they talked with the Highbulp. Needless to say, the talk was short.

"Look, we want to know where the dragon's den is! That's all!" Yusuke said, trying his hardest not to hit the gully dwarf.

"I give map," The Highbulp said, handing it over.

"Yeah, and we'll go in the other room and, uhh, make plans," Kuwabara said, taking the map.

So, there they were, looking at a map they could neither heads nor tails of. Yusuke was muttering curses in elfish under his breath-something he had just realized he could do and was now doing rather frequently-while the others looked at him oddly, wondering what he was saying. (Oh, you don't wanna know! ^_^)

"Kuwabara," Hiei called softly, motioning for his friend to come over to him. "I want you to get something for me from in the dragon's lair."

"That depends on what it is," Kuwabara said, frowning slightly.

"A spellbook!" Hiei hissed, his eyes gleaming. "Raistlin read about it and it is supposed to contain powerful spells!"

"How do you know it is in the dragon's lair, though? Or do you at all?" Kuwabara asked.

"I don't. I merely guess that since it is-or, as the case may be, was-of great importance to magicians. If it is still down there, I need you to get it for me since I will be distracting the dragon," Hiei said. (Wow! That's a lot for Mr. Anti-social to say in one go! *Gets whacked over the head with a frying pan* I'm goin', I'm goin'!)

"Alright, Shorty. But ya better come out alive!" Kuwabara said before returning to his seat next to Yusuke, hearing him still swearing in elfish. (Wow he's been swearing for a good 5 to 10 minutes now!)

Bupu led the way to the secret room that led to the dragon's lair. Kuwabara and Yusuke pulled on the trap door that was under a lot of water (Think a small lake) and they waited about a minute before climbing down the ladder. Jin went first, Yusuke right after him to keep and eye on Jin. (Like that's gonna be needed.... Yusuke needs his own babysitter!)

As they moved south, Jin felt something move by his legs. "Yusuke! There's something down here! I felt it brush against me leg!" Jin said. (Okay, I can't do accents. Get over it.)

"Keep moving and hope it isn't hungry," Yusuke said, dropping into the two-foot water. The companions walked south and came upon a trap door in the floor that would lead them to the dragon.

Jin went up and picked the simple lock. He opened the door and sudden, heavy, magical darkness pressed in on him like a lead weight. Jin slid down the ladder, closing the door silently above him. He bumped into Yusuke.

"Can you see anything, Yusuke?" Kurama asked, talking about the elfish-sight.

"Nothing," Yusuke said solemnly. "Like in Darken Wood and the well......."

Everything fell silent. The dragon was up there and waiting for them.

Eventually, they all went up the ladder, Kurama, Chuu, and Kuwabara first. (Kurama for strategy reasons and Kuwabara and Chuu are the only good fist-fighters that aren't needed. And Yusuke wants to avoid fighting, if at all possible.)

They all went up and stood in the darkness.

"Man," Kuwabara complained. "We need a light."

"Light?" said a voice. "Yes, let us have light." The darkness fled instantly and the companions looked on the dragon. It would have been menacing if it wasn't for the pink-and-yellow-polka-dots that adorned the dragon's black hide.

The companions couldn't help it-they burst out laughing. Even Hiei, who was trapped under the dragon's clawed foot, chuckled lightly.

The dragon, apparently, didn't like this, for her huge head slithered forward and she hissed, "Bring me the staff."

Yukina looked strait ahead. Then, slowly, she started forward, holding the staff in her hands. When she came to Chuu, she stumbled. Chuu helped her up and Yukina said, "On your honor, Chuu, promise me that you will do as I command, or I will go alone."

Chuu nodded and said, "I will." The two of them walked towards the black, pink, and yellow dragon. As they walked, Chuu looked in front of the dragon for the Disks.

"Lay the staff at my feet and I will spare your lives," the dragon said, her head snaking down in front of Yukina.

"I have found the Disks," Chuu whispered, unusually serious. "Are you sure that you want to go through with this?"

Yukina nodded. "We chose not to surrender!" Yukina yelled and, in one swift movement, hit the dragon's clawed foot that was above Hiei. There was a ringing sound, then, the staff shattered. A burst of brilliant, blue/white light hit the dragon. She screamed in rage and pain. She was wounded mortally.

"YUKINA!" Hiei yelled, grabbing his sister and moving her out of harms way. She dropped the fragment of the staff. He ran over to the others and then went back to get the spellbook. Chuu had the Disks and the room started to collapse on them.

After everyone ran out, they noticed that Rinku was almost stuck under a small rock. Chuu lifted him out and set him on his feet again.

"Okay, the way we're going is gonna mean a fight, guys." Yusuke looked around at his friends and saw that they nodded to show that they knew what they had to do. "Alright..... NOW!" Yusuke yelled as he leapt into battle. All of them worked hard to get the draconians killed. They then went to the lift and herded the girls in, climbing in themselves afterwards.

After they got to the top, Hiei cast spells on the two draconians at the top. They all climbed out of the pot and ran, as fast as they could, towards the exit. Exhausted, they all slumped on the floor when they got back into the temple at the top of the staircase.

"Ah!" Kuwabara said, pointing at Hiei. "He's turning green and going into his demon form!"

"Really?!" Hiei asked excitedly as he tried to open his Jagan eye. He ended up knocking himself out and the others sighed.

"Great," Yusuke grumbled. "Now we have to carry him!"