Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ DragonLance Gone Wrong ❯ Return to the normal world (One chapter only) ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: We do not own YYH or DL. Okay, this chapter is going to be taking place in Ningenkai (Human world) Reikai (Spirit World) and Makai (Demon world) It is going to be focused on the REAL companions as they battle demons, destroy towns, and go on a mission, whether Koenma likes it or not!

~*~ Chapter 4: Returning to the normal world (For one chapter only) ~*~

Tanis found himself in a strange room that was filled with random items. He walked out of the room quickly, going outside and looking around.

He found Caramon and Raistlin outside a strange house and they went to look for the others. They found Riverwind and Goldmoon in another strange house, and Flint and Tas in a tree next to one of the upstairs windows. Just then, Sturm came down the street and saw them.

"How are we going to get them down?" Caramon asked.

"Tas can climb, and I don't know about Flint," Tanis said, worry evident in his voice. "Maybe he can climb through the window and we can hope that he can get out of the house without much trouble." (ha ha, like that's ever gonna happen.)

Just then, Flint fell out of the tree and hit his head on the sidewalk.

"*Beep* tree!!" the old dwarf grumbled, glaring ahead of him.

"That's a funny way to get out of a tree, Flint. Why didn't you just climb?" Tas asked, sliding down easily.

"BECAUSE I FELL OUT OF THE TREE, YOU RATTLE-BRAINED KENDER!" Flint roared, causing a few people to look at him oddly. Suddenly, all of them were knocked unconscious and woke up in a strange place.

"They're awake, Koenma, sir," A blue thing said.

"Hmm..... These don't look like my detectives," a floating toddler said to them, eyeing them warily.

"Who are you?" Raistlin asked, looking at the toddler. "It must be magic," Raistlin muttered, then said a little spell. (You know, the one that he uses to find out if anything is magical.) When the toddler did not glow, just looked really annoyed, everyone looked around at each other.

"What are you talking about, Raistlin?" the blue thing asked Raistlin.

"I think the question should be who are you," Raistlin said coldly. "We must have been brought to another dimension."

"How?" Caramon asked, looking at his brother.

"I don't know!" Raistlin yelled. To everyone's amazement, he did not start coughing like he normally would have.

"Definitely not my detectives," The toddler muttered. "Exactly what did you mean by `in another dimension'?"

"This place is nothing what like the place that we grew up in and have been in all our lives before now," Raistlin said coldly, glaring at the toddler.

"Well, since introductions seem to be in order, I am Koenma, ruler of the Reikai," the toddler, known as Koenma, said.

"The what?" Tanis asked.

"Reikai, Spirit World," Koenma said. "Since you are, for now, the Reikai Tantei, the Spirit World Detectives, you need to go out and get rid of a few demons for me."

"And how do you propose we do that?" Caramon asked, looking at the toddler.

"Just step through the portal," was all Koenma got to say before all of them fell into the portal.

When Tas woke up, he realized that the others weren't awake, so he quickly went around and woke them up. They were in a strange place that had a red sky, and didn't exactly look inviting.

"Where in the name of the Abyss are we?" Tanis asked.

"I have no idea, but I'm sure that someone around here must know," Tas said cheerfully, walking around. He saw a few demons running towards him and quickly and easily side-stepped them, causing the demons to fall flat on their faces.

"Uh, Tanis! We have company, and I don't think that they want anything good!" Tas yelled, going back to the others.

Tanis pointed at one of them and, to his amazement, a ball of blue-white light shot out of his finger and hit the thing strait in the head, killing it instantly.

"Uhhhhh.... Oops?" Tanis said as a few more came at them. Caramon managed to form a sword that was orange and glowing while Flint did something like the same thing that Tanis did. Riverwind had out a whip that looked almost like a plant and was barreling through anything that got in his way.

Raistlin stayed back for a while, until, finally, he was trapped in a corner. He lifted his right arm to block a blow and, to his amazement, a giant black dragon of flame came forth and destroyed about half of a nearby town.

Oohhh. Raistlin thought. I'm going to have fun with this! He used the Dragon of the Darkness Flame once more, destroying most of the remaining demons and singing the dwarf's beard.

"HEY!" Flint roared. "WATCH WHERE YOU AIM THAT THING, YOU CRAZY MAGE!!!"

Tanis sighed. He blinked. He and the others had found themselves in an empty house with a note in the nearest door. It read: I hope you like your stay here, because you are going to have to stay here until we find a way to get you back to your time. Now, you need to rest. -Koenma.

Tanis sighed and set up watch-an old habit that might, one day, get him into trouble. Tas and Flint had first watch.

In the morning, they were summoned (*Coughportalcough*) to Koenma's office again.

"Well, you got rid of all the demons," Koenma said, glancing at Raistlin. "And I see that you have discovered that you can use the powers that my original detectives could use. I'm going to let you train today, and you better get better aim and such because you are signed up to go to a tournament in a few weeks. Go train and get some rest!"

(In case anyone was wondering, that is the Dark Tournament that I am sending them to. Oh, the possibilities! MWAHAHAHAHA!)

So, they spent the rest of the day training and getting better aim. (I think that might have had something to do with Raistlin accidentally almost setting fire to Tas's topknot and Tanis nearly hitting Raistlin with a Spirit Gun. *Sniggers*)