Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams Reality: My Past, Present and Future ❯ The Beginning (Part 1) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hehe….yellow jello minna-san! Sorry, I couldn't help it, anyhow, oh well, here we go, I'm going to have so much fun! Oh and BTW, your name's Mayko in the beginning, I'll let you put up your name later! I also have your looks picked out for your past life, like I said before, you can pick out your name and looks when I get to the part you can do that.

Kurama: You're getting into this aren't you?

Anime: What does it look like?

Hiei: Hn, I don't see why I'm doing this….the hyper baka onna doesn't own YYH.

Anime: Why arigatou my male version muse!

Hiei: What in Makai is a muse?

Anime: Then ask MY muse for yourself!

Kurama: [Shakes head]

Anime: YUMI!!!!

Yumi: The hell do you want, Hikari?!

Anime: Hiei wants to know what a muse is!

Yumi: And you expect me to know?

Anime: Well, you're my muse…..

Kurama: Just get on with the story Yu-I mean Anime, damnit!

Yumi: And the kitsune can't even tell me apart from her……it's sad.

Anime: He cussed!

Hiei: The cat is out of the bag for you, huh onna?

Kurama: Nevermind that! ONWARD READERS!!!!!

Chapter 1-The Beginning (Part 1)

A little girl tossed and turned on her bed. Her eyes snapped open and she shot up with a sob.

"Mommy!!" the little girl yelled. A woman who still looked young came walking in.

"Nani?" the woman asked as she sat down on the edge of her daughter's bed, "Something wrong, Mayumi?"

"Mommy, I've had that dream again," the little girl replied as another tear escaped from her eye, "You died and Daddy got married with a mean lady!"

The woman rolled her eyes at the girl, but smiled as she hugged her.

"Mayumi, how many times have I already told you? It was just a nightmare."

"I can't sleep, Mommy. Can you tell me a story?"

"Promise to go back to sleep?"

"Hai!"

"Alright…."

-The Story-

They say that there are 3 different worlds. Our level would be considered Ningenkai, the next Reikai and the last level, Makai-

-Back to the Story Teller and Listener-

"Isn't that the Youkai World? What does that have to do with anything?" Mayumi interrupted as she locked eyes with her Mother. She sighed.

"May, I'm trying to tell you the story. Do you want me to tell it or not?

"Hai! Hai!"

"Alright, now get back into the covers and I'll tell you…."

"Alrighty….

-The Story-

As I was saying, the beginning of our story starts here, in the world of the youkai, the Makai……..

You laughed. You were with your older sister, in a secret field, only the two of you knew. You two were very close to one another. When you were just a baby, your parents were killed when a bunch of bandits had raided your peaceful village and of course having your Mother be the head Miko of the village, had to protect it. As for your father, he was the head of a group of youkai slayers. That was just maybe why your village was so peaceful, that village had a very powerful Miko who was considered to be the reincarnation of another Miko who was very powerful and the fact you had a group of youkai slayers as well.

Everything had changed when his group came. It was the reason why your sister became the head Miko of the village at the age of 11. That raid was 6 years ago.

"Nee-san! Nee-san!" you shouted as you ran with a bunch of wild flowers in your hand. You 6 right now and your sister 17. Your sister was the most kindest person you knew, she was also just as beautiful as she was kind. She was also a quiet young woman as well, she spent most of her time healing, doing all these things for the dead, chasing spirits away from nearby villages who asked for help and other stuff.

"Did you find the flowers I needed?" she asked you. You nodded as you watch take the flowers out of your hand and dump them in a basket. Your head titled to the side a bit.

"What kind of flower is that, nee-san?" you asked as walked up to her and sat down. She looked down at you with those sparkling ocean blue eyes and smiled.

"These are called the Blue Star Flowers, Mayko," replied your sister named Asuna, "See how the shape of the flower looks like a star? Also the same fact it's blue? That's how it got its name. They say it fell from the sky, like a blue shooting star. That's why its rare, you can only get these little things in this time of year…..and that is also why we need to gather as much as we can."

You smile as well and nod. You watched her get up and start heading off towards the village, you stayed though. It was only a few minutes walk back to your village, plus if you were in trouble, you just needed to scream. Looking around, you spotted something sparkle, your ocean blue orbs squinted a bit. Trying to get a better look, you decided to walk towards it. You then gasped. It was the most beautiful flower you've ever laid eyes on. A red rose.

You then picked it up to take a closer look at it. You then see two blurs past by you, one a blackish color and the other that circled you and grabbed the rose out of your fingers, a silver one. You gasped again as you felt a pain on your hand. Red blood, the same color red as the rose. You had heard a noise and looked up. You stared stupidly at the figure that was standing right above you.

A kitsune-youkai. He had long silver hair that swayed with the wind, a pale complexion, a all white baggy outfit with matching Chinese style slippers, fangs, uh…claws or pretty much they seem to be regular looking ningen fingernails, except a little long, two twitching white ears with a matching tail, or part of a tail is what you managed on seeing and the most hypnotizing amber colored eyes you've seen.

You still stared stupidly at the kitsune who seemed to notice that as well, raising a brow, he looked at the rose then at you. You heard his sniff and his amber eyes traveled down towards your hand that was still bleeding. You finally snapped out of it and followed his gaze at your now red hand.

"I cut my hand……" you finally say something. He gave this look and then started growling all of the sudden. You blinked as a pink colored stream of light whizzed past the both of you. Blinking again, you turned around to find your sister and the youkai slayers right behind her, ready to fight.

"Move away from the girl, youkai," ordered Asuna as she got another arrow, ready to shoot. You titled your head to the side, yet again.

"Nee-san…." you mumbled out as the other arrow whizzed passed you again and hit the kitsune in the side.

"Unless you don't move away from the girl, youkai, I won't miss this time," Asuna barked out and her third arrow ready. The kitsune glared daggers and try to pull the arrow out, only for it to shock him with little pink colored bolts of energy. He winced. He gaze fell onto you and he glared just as hard, ran off and dropped something. The Red Rose.

You sat down to pick up the rose as your sister came running up, hugging you, telling you everything is alright and all that other that MOTHERS do whenever they finally have their child back from danger.

-Few Weeks Later-

"Nee-san Asuna, where are you going?" you asked as you saw her get up and tie her nighttime black hair back with a white ribbon and grab her bow and arrows.

"There's been a robbery at the Golden Temple," she replied emotionlessly, "Those same bandits stole the Mirror and I am to retrieve it back."

You nod. Watching her walk off with the youkai slayers, you hear a light knock from the back door of the semi big hut. You turn around to see a little girl, the same age as you. She had long violet hair that was tied up in two little buns with cloth wrapped around them and ribbon drifting down, red/violet colored eyes, and pale skin.

"Yumi?" you asked as she nodded and motioned you to follow her. You blink as you followed her out to the back, "Yumi, what are you doing?" (Yumi: Hikari?! Anime: Shuddup and go along with it!)

"Following Asuna-sama towards the Temple," the girl replied as she grabbed your hand and dragged you to where a secret pathway towards the temple. You then were about to protest, but Yumi quickly got your mouth shut as you two hid in the deep bamboo forest.

"There they are! The thieves!" shouted a slayer, you looked over to find a bat youkai and the kitsune youkai. You stared.

"Miko-sama!" shouted another slayer as you looked over to find your sister to find her arm bleeding. You gasped.

"Don't worry about me, get the mirror back!" she ordered as she got another arrow ready, "Okaa-san, Otou-san, this is for you…..IKUYO!!!!!"

"IIE!!!! NEE-SAN ASUNA!!!!" you scream out as you ran out of your small hiding place, Asuna stared wide eyed as everyone heard another scream.

"Kuronue!!!" shouted out another voice.

"Miko-sama!! The trap!!" shouted Yumi as she revealed herself as well. Asuna screamed out as she ran towards you and the opposing bat youkai who can back for a pendent, at least that what you heard. Asuna then grabbed you and pushed you out of the way. You scream in horror as the bat youkai and your sister got caught in the trap and their blood mixed in together. You then just shut your mouth, your eyes just stared at the two bodies while your body sat there in their river of blood.

Everyone around you just stared at the two bodies as well. The only thing that wasn't covered in blood was your sister's other arm that held an arrow.

"Oh kami…….." Yumi's voice floated out, her eyes started to water, except her tears weren't the regular tears, dark blue gems just poured out of her eyes.

"Nee-san……" you mumbled out as you didn't notice your own crying, "Nee-san………NEE-SAN ASUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------

Wow…..so what did you think?

Yumi: Hikari…….

Anime: Hai?

Yumi: I HATE you.

Anime: Of course you LOVE me!

Kurama: You never do take thing personally, do you?

Anime: Nope! Nande? Why do you ask?

Kurama: I dunno why I asked.

Anime: Okay….well, HIEI!!!!

Hiei: Review.

Anime: Arigatou!