Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Exchange Student ❯ At the Dance Part 1 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Loud music blared through the school gym as the gang all entered the school dance. Yuske with Keiko, Zinnia with Ayane clung to her arm, Kuwabara, and then Kurama. “Wow! Look at all the decorations!” chimed Zinnia. “They’re so pretty!”

“Not as pretty as you, Zinnia….”said Ayane blushing.

“Oh wow, really? You think so?”

“Uh huh…”

“I’m so flattered!”giggled Zinnia blushing a little bit herself. Kurama who was in ear-shot shook his head disapprovingly. He wondered how long it was going to take Zinnia to realize what was going on. He figured he should keep a close eye on them.

“Hey Shuichi!” called a voice side-tracking him from the 2 teen girls. It was Kaitou, a classmate from his high school.

“Hello, Kaitou,” said Kurama as Kaitou approached him. “I didn’t know you volunteered to chaperone too.”

“Yeah well, I was told that it would look good on my resume when I apply for college after I graduate.”

“Ah…so I see.” He turned his attention back to Zinnia and Ayane.

“You seem a bit tense, Shuichi, is something wrong?” asked Kaitou trying to set his view on whatever it was Kurama was looking at.

“Zinnia……”

“The wolf demon?” he asked quietly.

“Yes,….you see, Yuske thought it would be funny to set her up with a lesbian as her date and unfortunately, Zinnia is too naïve to notice.” Explained Kurama. Kaitou looked over at Yuske who was picking his nose.

“I see….”he adjusted his black, thick rimmed glasses. “Well, I suggest that you watch them carefully.”

“That’s the plan.”


“It’s friggin gay that we can’t bring guests to the dance!” whined Kuwabara upset that he was not able to bring Yukina to the dance. “I’m the only loser here without a date!” Yuske rolled his eyes as he filled up his cup at the punch bowl. He then threw an arm around Kuwabara.

“Aww…come on, Kuwabara! You’re not the only one here without a date.” He sipped his juice as he looked around at all of the couples. “Oh wait….yes you are!”he laughed.



Later, Zinnia stood against the wall bobbing her head to the music. So far the dance seemed to be going quite well. “Here Zinnia, I brought you a piece of cake.” Said Ayane handing the wolf demon a paper plate with a slice of yummy came with vanilla icing and strawberries. At the sight of the cake, Zinnia’s canine instincts kicked in and she licked her lips. Ayane’s (taking this action the wrong way)eyes lit up.

“Oh gosh…thanks!”she took the food from her. “You didn’t have to do that for me.” She smiled. It seemed that Zinnia’s beautiful smile made her heart melt.

“Y-your welcome…..”she replied shyly. She watched as Zinnia began to eat her dessert. “Zinnia…?”

“Yes?”she stopped the fork about 3 inches away from her mouth.

“I was wondering if…..”she turned away.

“If what?”

“Well…..I…um……”sh e lowered her head defeatedly. Zinnia blinked and tilted her head to one side.

“What is it? What do you wanna ask me?”she asked in a concerned tone. Ayane shook her head. “It’s okay. Please tell me.” she made eye contact with her. “You have no reason to be afraid….” Ayane turned several shades of red.

“Okay….I was just wondering if I could feed the cake to you.” She looked very hopeful. Zinnia paused.
“You want to feed me my cake?”she asked confused. Ayane nodded. Zinnia scratched her head. “Would that make you happy?”

“Y-yes…”she nodded. “It would.” If Zinnia’s tail wasn’t being covered up by a hoodie tied around her waist her tail would be wagging in delight.

“Okay then!” she shoved the plate into Ayane’s hands. “Feed away!” she opened her mouth.

“Zinnia….you have very sharp teeth” she commented before inserting some cake into the wolf girl’s mouth. Zinnia sweat dropped.

“Um….yeah well, they’re fake. I bought them at Vampfangs.com.” she re-opened her mouth. “More please!” Ayane smiled.

“Um…okay then.” Just before the fork could make it to Zinnia’s mouth, she was pulled away by Kurama.

“Zinnia, may I see you for a second?” asked Kurama walking her over to the other side of the gym leaving Ayane all by herself.

“Sure Kurama!”she smiled. “So whats up?” Kurama placed both hands on her shoulders. The song “Let It Rock” by Kevin Rudolf began to play. “YAY! I love this song!” she started to run off to go dance, but Kurama intercepted her.

“Zinnia, I need to talk to you. It’s very important.”

“Why? Is something wrong Kurama?” her smile faded. Now she looked worried.

“Yes, it’s about Ayane.”

“What about her?”

“Well…..”he wasn’t quite sure how to tell her. “Well, first off, what were you two doing just now?”

“You mean when she was feeding me my cake?”asked Zinnia. Kurama’s eyes dilated.

“She was feeding you?!” Zinnia blinked.

“Yeah, I thought it sounded kind of strange but it seemed to make her really happy and-“

“Come on Zinnia, let’s dance!”interrupted Ayane grabbing the wolf girl by the wrist and pulling her to the dance floor.

“Yay!”Zinnia cheered. Bye Kurama!” she waved with her free arm. Kurama sighed.

“Perhaps this is going to be harder than I thought.” He looked over at Yuske who was dancing with Keiko. “I’ll take care of him later…”