Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Falling Tears ❯ The ways of a Fox... ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Xephira: Welcome back everyone! I personally like this chapter. I don't know if it's my favorite yet, because I haven't written all of them yet but I hope you enjoy it to. Hey where's that stupid Disclaimer? Who would name their kid that anyhow?

Hiei: Disclaimer won't be joining us here today, I'm happy to say…

Xephira: Hiei! What did you do with him now!

Hiei: Don't worry, I just tied him up in the closet. He was getting on my nerves.

Xephira: Fine. I'll have to do it then. I do not own anything in YYH. So don't get mad at me for stealing his characters.

Hiei: That was much better then Disclaimer.

Xephira: Lets just get on with the fic.

Ch. 3

The ways of a Fox…

When Xephira awoke, she was in a small room, lying on the most comfortable futon she'd laid on for months. Asleep in on the ground next to her was the fox youki that that had saved her. Tear gems were all over the covers and floor. She tried to sit up without waking the youkai, but she knocked down a bunch of the gems making soft thudding noises. Unfortunately, this fox was just like any other fox and had great hearing. Yoku woke up and looked at her.

"Oh my dear, your finally awake. You've been crying out in you sleep. I tried to wake you, but you wouldn't wake up." Yoku said calmly.

"I thank you for bringing me here, but where is here?" Xephira asked looking around. She didn't recognize this place. "Oh, this? Just a place that my partner and me found abandoned a couple years back. We hang out here when we have nothing else to do." Yoku answered, smiling at the look on her face. "Oh, and sorry to remind you of this, but… who was the 'he' that fell down that hole? If you don't mind me asking that is." Xephira looked down and tried not to start crying again.

"His name was Hiei. He was my only friend, if you could call him that. Also, to answer your earlier question, no we weren't partners. He always refused whenever I asked him to be. He was a pretty moody guy." She tried to cam her shaky voice.

"Hiei, huh?" Yoku whispered, then thought to himself: 'Hiei… isn't that the othe forbidden child? Half fire youki, half ice apparition? Yes I think so, both forbidden children…together…'

"Something wrong Kurama?" Xephira asked looking a little worried that she had said something she shouldn't have said.

"Oh, no my… wait, did you just call me Kurama?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry, should I not call you that?"
"No, no it's fine. No one has ever called me that before, but I think I like it. Hey,

my partner and I are going to go on a little treasure hunt, and I was wondering if you felt up to going along. If not, you'll be here alone for a while."

"Sure I'll go, it's not like I was injured or anything. First one question though. Do you know anything about that hole in the dessert?" She asked hopefully.

"Yes, I'm afraid I do." Now it was Kurama's turn to look down. "I'm afraid that he's not going to come back, Xephira. That hole is something that we call a wormhole. No one would be able to survive a fall like that, and even if he did, the lowest of all demons live down there and they will eat anything that they can get their grubby hands on. Even if he manages to escape those youki, he won't be able to get out." Xephira looked down. A few more tears fell from her eyes making more dents on the soft dirt floor.

*~*

"What is this place Kurama?" Xephira whispered looking beside her. She jumped, for Kurama was no longer beside her, but instead was a real fox. The fox looked at her and she heard Kurama's voice in her head.

~Xephira, you must be quiet. It is me, Kurama. Just watch, and you will understand.~ She nodded her head and watched him leave through some bushes. On the other side of her was Kuronue, Kurama's partner. He smiled at her for he was usually a pretty cheerful guy. She then heard his voice.

~Watch how sly and silent he is. It's amazing at how skillful he is with this.~ Kuronue told her. He was starting to like Xephira. Maybe even to much for his own good.

They watch as Kurama snuck up on the guard, rendered him unconscious, and then snuck up on the treasure. The whole reason they were there. It was the legendary treasure of Haku Jaganshi.

No one knows what really is in it, but Xephira had found that these two didn't care what it was. They only cared that it was hard to get, to prove that it wasn't impossible.

Yoku slyly walked up to the box and opened it. Inside was only a small, tattered, leather, drawstring pouch. He grabbed it and lept off the platform. He walked through the bushes and motioned for them to follow.

*~*

When they got back to the place they were staying they tried to open the pouch. For Kuronue the pouch opening wouldn't budge, but for Kurama and Xephira it gave just a centimeter, and nothing more.

"Legend has it that the pouch will only open for the being that their destiny is intertwined with Haku's. He was the first one with the Jagan eye, so everybody called him Jaganshi. No one else has had it since, and to have it surgically implanted is said to be very painful." Kuronue said in a wise tone. "So you two must have something to do with the Jagan in your life!"

"Since when have you been such a history buff, Kuronue?" Kurama looked sternly at Kuronue. At that Xephira smirked, which started an all out wrestling match between the three of them. Little did they know what really did lay before them in the future.

*~*~Chapter End~*~*

Xephira: How was it? Did you like it? Please say that you did!

Hiei: Hn. I wasn't in it.

Xephira: Your not in every episode either. Well please R&R! I'll be waiting!