Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ FAMILY SECRETS ❯ If You Can't Stand the Heat, Get Out of the Kitchen ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

FAMILY SECRETS

[AnimeJunkie’s Room]

AnimeJunkie is watching Yukina play with Eikichi and Trixie while Kuwabara is yelling at everyone who was acting goofy behind him when he was doing the disclaimer.

Keiko: *chuckles* Aw, come on Kuwabara. You have to admit it was funny.

Kuwabara: *chuckles* Yeah, I guess so. And Kurama’s face was awesome. *starts to crack up* How did you come up with that?

Kurama: Remember when you, Hiei and Botan had your souls stolen in Kaitou’s territory that time?

Hiei: *In the corner as usual* Do you HAVE to remind us of that, Fox?

Kurama: No. I don’t have to; I WANT to. *Hiei grumbles* Anyway, to make him lose, I had to make him laugh. So I made that face.

AJ: I don’t know about you, but I’d give ANYTHING to see that face.

Kurama: *seductively* Anything?

AnimeJunkie: *fans herself* Don’t do that to me. *smiles*

Yukina: *giggling* Cut it out, you two. That tickles.

Yukina was lying on the floor on her stomach while Trixie and Eikichi are nuzzling her neck. Hiei watches and looks disgusted.

Botan: *watches the two pets* Isn’t that adorable? They’re friends.

Hiei: It’s sickening. That mangy feline is friends with nothing more than an elongated RAT! The only thing THEY have in common is fleas! *chuckles viciously*

AJ: If I were you, I’d apologize.

Hiei: Oh, really? Why? Are they gonna CUTE me to death?

He sees Eikichi arch her back and hiss violently and Trixie bear her teeth and claws. Trixie runs under his cloak and bite him all over his body while Eikichi goes Tasmanian Devil on Hiei and scratches the heck out of him. After they finish, the fire demon looks like death warmed over with his clothes slashed to ribbons, his hair messed up and his face and body covered in red stripes . The two cuddly (and dangerous) pets walk back to Yukina and cuddle with her, purring the entire time.

AJ: That’s gotta hurt. Um, Yukina? Do you want to do the disclaimer today?

Yukina: Yes, I would.

AJ: They’re all yours.

Yukina: *stands up* (Disclaimer) AnimeJunkie does not own Yu Yu Hakusho or it’s characters. *giggles as Eikichi climbs on top of her head and Trixie wraps around her neck*

Hiei: *in pain* And remember, animals have feelings, too. So don’t tick them off. *falls over*

MEDIC! 

AJ: I wanna take time to thank those who reviewed my story...SHIO, DIVINESPIRIT00, AZAR, YYH RRK INY, LORD FLUFFY RULEZ, AND ANIME_ME11. THANX GUYS!! E-mail me and I’ll send you a cool Kurama pic. And now......FAMILY SECRETS!

{...}-Gwen’s thoughts

/.../-Kurama’s thoughts

~...~-Youko’s thoughts

‘...’-everyone else’s thoughts

*********************************************************** *******************

LAST TIME on FAMILY SECRETS......

Kurama: *blushes* MOM!? *chuckles* /I WISH!/ *kisses his mom good night* Night, mother. *smiles and walks to his room* Another kiss interrupted.

Youko: ~You COULD have kissed her at the door, you know.~

Kurama: /You never kiss on the first date. It’s called “being a gentleman”/

Youko: ~It’s called “making excuses”. You had the perfect chance and you chickened out.~

Kurama: /I did NOT! I’m being patient./

Youko: ~You’re hopeless.~

Kurama changes into his pajamas and goes to bed.

Kurama: /I just hope Gwen’s safe./ *drifts off to sleep*

Takei: *watching from a tree outside Kurama’s window* It doesn’t matter what you do. You won’t be able to protect her forever. She WILL be the Master’s bride.

***************************************************************** *************

[Meioh High-First Period Biology]

Everyone in Mrs. Matsuda’s class was all abuzz because of the field trip they were taking today; they were going to the largest science facility in Tokyo-The Utako Institute of Science and Technology. Kurama was sitting in his chair waiting for Gwen to arrive and Ami was hatching a plan to have him as her partner for the trip.

Ami: There is no way Gwen is going to have Shuichi all to herself on this field trip. Not if I can help it. *looks around* At least she isn’t here right now. ‘A perfect time to work on Shuichi.’ *walks towards Kurama’s desk* Hello, Shuichi-kun. (A/N: If she thinks acting sweet is gonna work, she’s been tying her hair up too tight.)

Kurama: /Gwen, please hurry./ *appears to be more interested in his book* Hello, Ami.

Ami: Are you excited about our field trip today? I hear they have the largest botanical garden in Japan, and I know how much you love roses so maybe we could be...

Before she could finish her sentence, Gwen runs into the classroom with one minute to spare.

Gwen: Whew! Just in time. That’s the LAST time I watch “Konbonwa, Tokyo”. (A/N: I made this up; it’s supposed to be like “The Tonight Show” here.)

Kurama: *looks up and smiles* Gwen, you made it. *gets up and walks to her* I was worried you wouldn’t get here in time.

Gwen: And miss an all-day field trip? Not on your life. *smiles*

Ami walks back to her clique, cursing under her breath, and Mrs. M walks in to start class.

Mrs. M: Okay, class. Settle down. Now as you know, we have our field trip to the Utako Institute today. I need you to hand in your permission slips before you are allowed to go.

The class did as it was told and everybody turned in their slips to Mrs. M. She counted them and checked off their names in her roll book.

Mrs. M: *chuckles* I had a feeling there would be 100% attendance for this. (A/N: Well, DUH. An all-day field trip and NO CLASSES? Who WOULDN’T want that?) Now as far as your partners go.....I’LL be choosing who gets paired up. *the class groans* All those who oppose can stay here for the day and attend your regular classes. *class got VERY quiet* Good, now let’s begin.

She goes through her roll and pairs people p one by one until she got to Kurama’s name.

Mrs. M: Shuichi, you’ll be partners with.....

Ami: *silently chanting* Please be me, please be me, please be me.....

Mrs. M: Gwen.

Kurama: /Thank, Kami./

Ami: ‘NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!’

Mrs. M: And Ami, since there is an odd number of students, you will be paired with Sota’s group.

Ami: *walks up to Mrs. M. And tries to convince her to change her mind* (A/N: GOOD LUCK!) Mrs. M, I feel that it would be more beneficial if I were placed in Shuichi’s group since he IS the class genius.

Mrs. M: And have them do all your work for you? I don’t think so. You can either stay in Sota’s group or be paired up with ME.

Ami: *growls quietly* I’ll stay in Sota’s group.

Mrs. M: Now that that’s settled, the buses have arrived. Let’s go people.

[School Bus]

Mrs. M was talking with the driver and the students were engaged in their usual chatter talking about sports, dates and whatnot. Gwen was sitting by the window, watching the sights of Metro Tokyo whiz by when she felt an arm wrap around her shoulder. She turned around and saw Kurama smiling at her.

Kurama: That was cutting it close, you know that right?

Gwen: I’m sorry, Shuichi. But trying to read the subtitles at the bottom of the screen was a chore; they kept going by so fast.

  

Kurama: *scoots closer* Maybe I can help you learn some Japanese.

Gwen: I’d like that. Okay, tell me this; what does “kawaii” mean? I remember Yukina calling Trixie that. *confused*

Kurama: *smiles and looks at her* “Kawaii” means “cute”. Like you. *Gwen blushes*

Youko: ~Cute? She’s a goddess!! And she looked particularly fetching in that bath towel...~

Kurama: /Not one word, Youko./

Youko: ~What? Don’t tell me that you didn’t wish her towel fell off.~

Kurama: /I’m not perverted like you./

Youko: ~Yes, you are. You just haven’t admitted it yet.~

Kurama: /Oh, shut up./

Gwen: *looks at Kurama* You okay?

Kurama: Yes, I’m fine.

Gwen: {That’s the understatement of the MILLENIUM!} *smiles* Well, exactly which sciences do they explore at Utako?

Kurama: All of them. Including nuclear.

Gwen: Nuclear, huh? {Which is why GODZILLA will never die.} Well, I’ll stick to the ones that won’t make my hair fall out. *chuckles*

Youko: ~And what lovely hair it is. She even has a few strands of silver in it. I guess a little of the Silver Fox is rubbing up....I mean OFF on her.~

Kurama: /Not today, Youko./

Youko: ~Just WHEN ARE you going to tell her about me? I mean I AM you, technically. Or at least the side of you that knows how to appreciate the fine feminine specimen sitting next to you.~

Kurama: /”Feminine Specimen”?/

Youko: ~Well, we ARE going to a Science Center.~

Kurama: /The only science YOU’RE interested in is SEX education./

Gwen: We’re here.

The bus arrives at the Utako Institute. The students gasp in awe as they see just how immense the place is. There was a building as large as a football field for each of the branches of science. A large dome topped the planetarium/observatory; dolphins could be heard in the aquarium; and doctors in white coats and goggles were walking towards the chemistry building. The class made its way to the front door and entered the facility where they were met by Dr. Utako and a colleague from each building.

Dr. Utako: Konnichiwa, I am Dr. Izumi Utako.

Dr. Utako was a middle-sized woman with short, black hair and purple glasses. She was cute and could pass as a student, even though she was only 37.

Class: Konnichiwa, Dr. Utako.

Dr. Utako: Mrs. M. told me that a lot of you have different scientific aspirations.

Students: Hai. *Gwen just nodded*

Dr. Utako: Well, I’d love to give you all the grand tour, but I’m already late. I’m conducting an experiment in genetics. If any of you are interested you can follow me to my lab. *5 groups raised their hands and followed Dr. Utako to her laboratory on the East Wing.*

Dr. #2: I’m Dr. Iwamoto. *looks on his clipboard* I see that you two are signed up for a tour of my botanical gardens. *points to Kurama and Gwen*

Kurama: Yes, we are.

Dr. Iwamoto: Well, then follow me.

Ami watches furiously as Kurama and Gwen follow Dr. Iwamoto to his lab in the West Wing Botanical Gardens.

Ami: *growls* I hope they get poison ivy. *walks away*

[Utako Botanical Gardens]

Gwen and Kurama walk in behind Dr. Iwamoto and almost fainted when they saw how beautiful and large the garden actually was; it housed trees, flowers and shrubs of every description.

Dr. Iwamoto: I have to bring in some new specimens from our greenhouse so I’ll leave you two to look around on your own. I think I can trust you to keep out of trouble.

Kurama: Yes, sir.

Dr. Iwamoto: Good. *walks out* Have fun.

As Dr. Iwamoto left, Kurama looked around and found Gwen making a beeline towards the roses. He smiled to himself as she enjoyed the distinct aromas of each blossom. He slowly walked behind Gwen and placed his head on her shoulder and breathed in her scent.

Kurama: *inhales gently* MMM, jasmine.

Gwen: I decided to go for something new today. Do you like it?

Kurama: *in a sultry voice* As a matter of fact, I do.

His arms slowly wrapped around Gwen’s waist, holding her close to him. She then felt his soft, warm lips slowly kiss from her shoulder to the crook of her neck; Gwen quietly moaned and tilted her head to the left to give Kurama better access as his tender pecks traveled up her neck and landed on her cheek. She closed her eyes and put her head back as she felt his grip tighten more...and more...and more.

Gwen: *short breaths* Um, Shuichi. As much as I like this, I can barely breathe. I think you should let me go now. *tries to move*

Kurama: *short breaths* I’d love to; but I can’t. I’m not squeezing you like that.

Gwen: *worried* Then what is?

They both look down and were horrified to see that from their torsos down, they were bound together with vines; their arms were pinned making it extremely difficult to break free. They struggle as hard as they can; but they more they did, the tighter the vines constricted around them.

Gwen: *gasps* I’m...about to...pass out....Shu...I...*blacks out*

Kurama: GWEN! *groans* Hang on!!

Kurama violently shook his head and shouted “ROSE WHIP”!! The rose that he always kept in his hair morphed into a thick, thorn-covered whip that was wrapped around his scarlet tresses. He maneuvered his head and the whip’s razor-sharp thorns sliced the vines from around them, causing them to fall to the lawn under them. Gwen would have fallen on the ground but Kurama quickly caught her and set her down on the ground gently. She coughed and took a few deep breaths, never again taking air for granted.

Gwen: What just happened? That was too creepy!

Kurama: These vines wrapped themselves around us. We almost didn’t make it out.

Gwen: *stands up* Well, I’m glad we did. Who or what could have done that to us?

Woman: I think I can answer that. *cackles*

A tall woman with moss colored hair and red bangs appeared out of the shadow of the tree behind them and walked slowly towards them. She had on a silver and green cat suit and high heel boots.

Woman: I see you didn’t appreciate the hug my vines gave you.

Gwen: What was your first clue, brainiac?

Woman: *looks at Gwen* Hmmph. Master said that you’d have a smart mouth. Well, enough about YOU! I’m Sakura. *bows*

Kurama: /Her energy feels familiar, like when we were in Maze Castle./

Sakura: You’re right. Perhaps you’ve heard of SUZAKU?

Kurama: /She read my thoughts./ Yes, but what does that have to do with you?

Sakura: He was my older brother and YOUR friend the Spirit Detective destroyed him. But since he isn’t here, I guess I’ll take my vengeance out on YOU TWO!

Sakura shoots green energy blasts from her hands at the cameras and at Kurama and Gwen, who dodged in time.

 

Sakura: *glares at Gwen* Don’t worry, girlie; my Master wants you relatively unharmed. Of course, I can’t say the same for your boyfriend, though. *cackles* Come forth, my beauties!

Tall, green demons that looked like they had seaweed growing out of their head started to rise up from the lawn around Sakura, Gwen and Kurama. They seemed to be made out of grass or some type of plant material.

Kurama: /Cultivated Humans./

Sakura: Bingo, Red. Except for one thing. These are SUPER cultivated humans, far more superior than the ones my brother used. I took it upon myself to improve on the recipe; you like?

Gwen: *sarcastic* Martha Stewart would be SO proud. (A/N: Don’t own.)

Sakura: *smirks* I’m glad you like them. *walks back slowly* I’ll leave you to your new playmates. *looks at her “humans”* Now remember boys; Master wants the girl alive. I don’t care what you do with the redhead. Say hello to my brother for me. *laughs evilly and disappears in a cloud of smoke*

Now that Sakura was gone, Gwen and Kurama charge at the grassy demons. They threw everything they had at them with no effect. Gwen tried to use her Tae Kwon Do moves on them, but she was knocked aside by the humans’ powerful arms. Kurama broke out his Rose Whip and tried to do the same thing to them that he did to the vines earlier, but it was useless; there wasn’t a scratch on them when he was done. Gwen groggily woke up and shook her head.

Gwen: *groans* Uh, did anyone get the license number of that truck?

She looked up and saw the demons slowly closing in on Kurama.

Gwen: *whispers* Shuichi! {I’ve got to help him. Think, girl! Think! They may be demons, but they’re STILL made of grass. And ALL grass can be destroyed by fire.} *looks around* {What I wouldn’t give for a magnifying glass right about now.}

She looked at the grassy apparitions surrounding her partner and grew enraged. The garnet on her bracelet started to glow and a flame was seen in the middle of the jewel and in her eyes (A/N: Kinda like Witch Hunter Robin...don’t own). She stared at the cultivated demons that were about to attack Kurama and focused her gaze. Flames started to appear on the bodies of the demons; they were overwhelmed and quickly succumbed to the white hot blaze. She then reverted to her water power to douse the dwindling flames. When Gwen came out of her daze, all that was left was a ring of charred earth and ashes around Kurama’s feet.

 

Gwen: Are you okay? *runs to him*

Kurama: I am, but we won’t be for long.

Gwen: Why not? We got rid of the demons.

Kurama: No, I mean we have to fix this before Dr. Iwamoto returns. *points to the ring of black they were standing in*

Gwen: Good point. Where would he keep the grass seeds?

Kurama: There’s no time. *reaches into his pocket and pulls out a handful of grass seeds* I’ll sow these seeds and you can make them sprout.

Gwen: Me!? I don’t know anything about gardening.

Kurama: That’s not what I meant. I mean you can use your power to make the ground grow grass again.

Gwen: I don’t know if I can.

Kurama: *takes her hand* If you can destroy those demons, you can do this. I have faith in you. *looks into her eyes*

Gwen: Okay, Shuichi. I’ll give it a shot.

Gwen knelt in the middle of the circle of scorched grass and put her hands out, palm side down. She closed her eyes and concentrated as hard as she could and thought to herself {Please grow.} Within seconds, her emerald shone brightly and a leaf appeared in the center of the gem, as well as her dark brown orbs. A green aura surrounded her hands and traveled to the charred ashes; when she opened her eyes again she found that she was inside a circle of green light and grass started to sprout around her. She stood up and the patch of grass was as good as new, as if nothing ever happened.

Gwen: Whoa! Who knew I had a green thumb?

Kurama: *hugs Gwen* I knew you could do it.

Gwen: *hugs back* Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Dr. Iwamoto: *walks back in* So, did you kids have fun?

Gwen and Kurama broke up their little hugfest...again.

Kurama: Yes, we did.

Gwen: {Speak for yourself.}

Youko: ~So close. So dangerously close!~

Dr. Iwamoto: I just passed your teacher in the hallway and she said that it was time for lunch. You should go before you get left behind.

Gwen: He’s right. I am getting hungry.

Kurama: Okay, we’ll go. *walks out* Bye Dr. Iwamoto.

Dr. Iwamoto: Bye. *takes out his cell* Sakura failed. The girl still has the jewels and seems to be gaining control of them little by little. Yes, Master. Yes, I’ll keep following her. Sooner or later she’ll make herself wide open for attack. And when she does, not even the redhead will be able to save her.*laughs* Yes, sir. Bye. *walks to a closet where the real Doctor Iwamoto is bound and gagged* Thank you for letting me play you, Doctor. It was fun and someone will find you sooner or later. *morphs into Takei* By the way, do something with those flowers; they’re nauseating. *slams the door and walks away*

[After School-Genkai’s Temple]

Gwen made the jog up the steps to the door, her backpack in tow, and entered ready to train...Genkai had other plans for the her new student.

Genkai: How was school today?

Gwen: *sets her backpack down* We went on a field trip to the Utako Institute and....well...things got interesting.

Genkai: *pours some tea* Really, how so?

Gwen: *sips tea* I think I unlocked some more powers. *tells Genkai everything that happened* ...and now I seem to manipulate fire and earth.

Genkai: Sounds like you had a busy day.

Gwen: *heavy sigh* I like the powers; don’t get me wrong. It’s just a lot to take in so soon. I mean, just a week ago I was your average 15 year old with no worries except whether I got a zit before a dance; now this. Demons keep popping up trying to kidnap me and trying to kill my friends. Why is this happening?

Genkai: *sighs* ‘I can’t keep this from her; she deserves to know...about herself, her family and her destiny.’ *stands* I want to show you something; follow me.

Gwen stood up from the table and followed her sensei to a room with an iron door. Genkai took a key out of her pocket, unlocked the door and opened it slowly. Gwen walked into a spacious and beautifully decorated room; she made her way to the table by a bed and looked at the picture in the frame. She picked it up to take a closer look and almost dropped it in shock.

Gwen: NO WAY!

**End of Chapter 7**

AJ: Well, what did you think?

Yusuke: I think you should finish it. I HATE cliffhangers.

Kuwabara: You didn’t tell me you’d do that.

AJ: What? I like a little suspense.

Kurama: I’m curious to see what happens next. Why was she so shocked? What was in that picture?

AJ: That’s for me to know, and YOU ALL to find out. I’ll update as soon as I can. Again I need some feedback so review and review often. I need help.

Hiei: At least you admitted it. I know a wonderful shrink who...

AJ: *glares at Hiei* Is he the same one who shrunk YOU!?

Hiei: Hn.

AJ: Well, tune in next time. CIAO for now.