Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fantasy and Reality Collide! ❯ Koriko's Past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~~~~~~~NEXT CHAPTER!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Chapter about Koriko and her life so far. You should make one for Fear, just a suggestion. XD - Teku)
 
The morning progresses with little amusement. You were as happy as a clam while Koriko was just blah. As always, Koriko showed little interest in the lessons made by the teachers, she was just a bit excited for lunch to roll around. There's nothing better then lifes little treasures, Pocky.
 
*Ding-Ding-Ding* The bell rings and it's time to go to lunch. You, Koriko, Kako and Izzie were all in different classes but you all knew where to meet.
You girls meet together at the same place, every day, for the whole year. Some friends, like -insert name- and Izzie have known each other longer.
As does any other regular school day, once the bell to lunch rings, the children scatter like little ants.
If you even try to keep track of one person, you'd get lost in a matter of minutes. There were just that many students attending the Higurashi High School.
You and Izzie were the first to arrive at their meeting spot, the roof. Koriko and Kako fallowed shortly afterward.
 
"Oboot time." You said to your missing companions.
 
Koriko, setting down her stuff, replied.
"Gomen, long line for food."
 
"I can find that interesting, seeing as how you don't eat school food."
 
*Izzie takes a sip of her drink she brought from home.*
 
The beautiful girl just ignores your little comment.
"I do not engorge myself with such trash made by those with little education."
 
 
All three girls stare at her in confusion. Koriko was always bitter, but not this bitter. It's unusual, considering what's about to take place after school on that very day.
However, you all prefer not to get in her way. She's known to be a bit of a loose cannon and getting on her last nerve would be close to suicide.
 
Kako, -insert name- and Izzie talk happily about Yuu Yuu Hakusho and their favorite characters, as usual. Koriko didn't join in the fun. She kept herself quiet, eating her pocky happily, savoring the flavor.
 
There is a reason behind Koriko's bitterness and her ways. Her childhood wasn't exactly all happy, fun, princess-like or girly. She was never close to her mother. All she cared about was a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of whisky. When she was young, around the age of eight, she stood at her father's bedside while he spoke his last few words. He was suffering a rare disease, one he has had for years and years and never told anybody. It was finally revealed during the last few months of his life when he started to show more symptoms. The last words he spoke to his daughter were "Stay strong for me....and never give up..."
 
Normally any daughter who witnessed their father's death would mourn and cope. But in Koriko's case, she did not. Those last words really hit her hard. She didn't take it as something positive. No. She took it negatively. Even at a young age, she started to grow a hatred for her father. 'Never give up,' he's in no position to make judgements was the first thought that ran through her head after the hour of the passing.
She saw him as a quitter, dying on her. And making a statement to never give up made him sound hypocritical. After that point, Koriko shut herself out from all emotions. She never got close to anyone. All the boys at her school think she's gorgeous and each one wants to get with her. Nevertheless, she just gives them all the cold shoulder. She sees none of them worth her time. However, deep down inside, she really wants to be close with someone, just one more time.
 
Koriko was deep in reflection when the bell to go back to class rang. She eats the last bit of her stuff to go head off without so much as a word to her friends-including you. She has still yet to put her love into you girls.
 
Nevertheless, you girls are good friends and you girls wait on her. You all know that she trusts you girls because you all are the only ones that Koriko has ever told her past to. No one else but you girls knew of her father's passing and bitterness. They all assumed her parents were divorced. Rumors were spread about her mother and her drinking problem.
Unfortunately, they were not rumors. The girls made fun of her constantly for it, and because she was apparently stealing all the guys, when really they were all in love with her. Those mockeries added to her barrier that shielded her from all emotions. Luckily, you all were there to support her. Moreover, she has yet to connect with you girls on an emotional view. Practically, all you girls have in common is your love for Yuu Yuu Hakusho.
 
 
Before she leaves to go to class, you scream to her.
"Don't forget! After school I'm coming over to your house to watch Yuu Yuu Hakusho!!!"
 
 
Koriko can't help but give a little smile at that remark. She waves in the air towards you girls.
You didn't see her smile but you sure felt it.
One more step closer to achieving her love for you all.
The beautiful girl exits the room and starts to make her way to her next class, art, the only class she actually enjoys. She may be exceptionally great in academics and all the ritzy schools want her for it, but she hates school all together. Her scores are phenomenal and yet she doesn't care about them. School was a waste of her time anyway.