Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ For You ❯ For You ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yusuke pushed Kurama upstage after having conveniently volenteered the red head to sing the next song. Before he could do anything, he found himself standing in the spotlight with A LOT of pairs of eyes staring at him. Was this a joke? If it was, it wasn't really funny. "Hey, don't worry, Shuichi." Yusuke slapped his friend on the back with a cheerful grin on but Kurama just glared at him.

"I. Can't. Sing." He grounded out.

"This is just for fun. It's better you go next instead of me, ne?" He gave the demon a thumbs up sign and jumped down from the stage. A moment later, Kurama realized that he didn't know what song he was singing to. This was not good. Not good at all. Suddenly soft music began to play, leading up to an up-in-heaven mix before slowly changing course. He stared, suprised, at the table Yusuke, Kuwabara, Keiko, Shizuru, and Botan were sharing. The whole reason they'd come here, he knew without being told, was to cheer him up from the state of depression he was in. How did Yusuke know to choose this song out of millions of others? Did the black haired detective know the reason behind Kurama's depression?

He sighed. Sooner or later they'd find out. Besides, at least he knew the song well enough to sing it without making any mistakes.

For you. . .For you. . .For you. . .
Oh, yeah, let the world know
Let the world see
That everything I'm doing's for you
Oh, oh, oh, no need for an explanation
There's nothing to explain
Let the world see
Ooooh, let the world know
That everything I'm doing's for you

If I could fly. . .
I'd bring you the moon. . .
If I could go back in time. . .
I'd erase all of your pain. . .
If I could control the world. . .
If I could have the universe. . .
I'd give it all to you
I'd give it all up. . .for you
Oh, yeah. . .

I would really do anything for you. . . .Hiei, Kurama absently thought. He didn't notice that he had caught the audiance's full attention when he had started singing. Only the lyrics and a certain fire demon occupied his thoughts.

The sun's shining bright in the sky
Like a manificent golden jewel
If you'd asked me, I'd do anything for you
No need for an explanation
No need to ask why
Why I'm giving everything I have
Why I'm sacraficing my soul
Why I'd do the impossible
Oh, yeah, hmmmm, just for you. . .

Let the world know. . .
Let everyone see. . .
That I'm just being me
I'm just loving you more than life
No need for an explanation
That's all in the past
You've stolen my heart
And I don't want it back
All I need is you. . .
Oh. . .
. ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; ::. ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .'

Hiei raced from rooftop to rooftop. There weren't any humans around this late at night and the feel of the wind rushing up at him pushed any kind of thoughts to the back of his mind. It was one of the few reasons he loved his ability to run so fast; nothing mattered when he ran. It was a momentary release from reality, momentary release from any other problems that might've bothered him while he stayed stationary.

If I could fly. . .
I'd bring you the moon. . .
If I could go back in time. . .

The black haired demon slowed to a stop on top of the roof of a store, slowly turning his head to the side to look at a building that strongly carried the scent of humans. Lots of humans and alchohol.

I'd erase all of your pain. . .
If I could control the world. . .

He wasn't stupid. Makai had alot of bars and clubs so there wasn't any difference except for appearance. He spotted a poster posted on the club/bar advertising that tonight the manager allowed ametuars to come in and sing. . .

If I could have the universe. . .
I'd give it all to you. . .

Whoever was singing right now sounded familar. . . .

I'd give it all up . . .for you. . .
Hmmm, yeah. . .

"Look at the sky tonight,
Isn't it beautiful
?

Kurama. . .An image of the fox who had haunted him every second of the day flashed into his mind. It was easy to regonise the voice now that he was talking instead of singing. He would've turned away. . .

Stars glittering millions of miles away,
The moon like a pearl in the vast sky
.

He would've run to escape the fox turned human, to escape the memory of what had happened just last week. . .Was it only a week ago that this whole mess started? It seemed like an eternity. .

[Flashback]

"No, don't leave. . .Not now, don't ever leave me Hiei. Please. . ."


If I could, I'd collect them all,

Put 'em in a jar
,

"I. .ai shiteru."


And a piece of my soul to go along with it.

Let you know, for you to remember
,

[end flashback]

He had run away, like he had done most of his life. Run from people who cared for him. Because he was the Forbidden Child, he didn't deserve them. . .It was common sense to him to run.


If I could. . .there's nothin I wouldn't do. .

For you. . .
"

Now and forever. . .
Just wanna let the world know
Give 'em a show to see

Why should he trust a fox demon when it came to something like this?


That I'm just being me
I'm just loving you more than life
No need for an explanation

All his life, he had been cheated. Cheated of feelings, of emotions. .They were nothing but weaknesses. If you can't feel then you're not weak to everything. . .


That's all in the past. . .
You've stolen my heart
And I never want it back

That was what he had learned in the Demon World. It was dangerous to feel in Makai. It was a weakness.


Let it be known. . .
Let it be known. . .
That everything I'm doing's for you. . .
Oh, yeah. . .

And Youkos were demons who played with emotions. They're never serious. Never.

"You don't have to be alone no more,
Don't have to feel the pain of yesterday.
I'll give you a piece of my tomorow,
Let you have all the love and devotion,

He snorted ((A/N oink oink ^o^. . .heh, ignore me, I couldn't help it)). Love and devotion. . .that was something a Youko could never do. They needed change. They mated not for life. A difference between the two demons. . But still he didn't leave. He stayed, his accute hearing picking up every word of the song.


That's huant every second of my life,
Let you feel what it's like to love,
Let you feel how much I care.
No need for pain, no need for sorrow,
I promise to give you my tomorow.
I may not have loved any like this before,
I may have toyed with hearts and shattered dreams,
Now I know how that feels like,
To be left crushed, torn apart by my emotions,
Trying not to drown in the ocean of my tears
.
I'll understand, if you don't love me back,
But let me have just one chance,
To prove that. . ."

One chance. . .One chance. . .What if that one chance turned out wrong?. . .But what if everything went okay? When Kurama had confessed. . .he had realized that he himself was weak, that he had fallen for the fox. But had Kurama known this? Was he just lieing to toy with him? Old habits die hard. . .If Kurama was really tellin the truth, he was going to lose a chance of happiness.

That everything I'm doing's for you. .
Oh, yeah. . .
You've stolen my heart,
And I never want it back. . .

He had already loss a lot of things. It wouldn't matter if he lose this too. He had live all his life without feeling anything besides anger, irritation, and annoyance, and love for his sister. He didn't need more. Be happy with what you have right?

Hiei turned, hesitated when a little part of him still wanted to listen to the end of the song but in the next second, he was gone.


Forever and always. . .
All I'll ever need is you. . .
. ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; ::. ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .' . ; :: .'

Kurama had sensed Hiei nearby. He was happy for the first time in what seemed like an eternity but when Hiei's energy faded away, disappointment filled his heart. He had wanted the demon to stay to hear the last part of the song. Sadness coated the lyrics that left his lips as he continued to sing, or rather talk since the last part of the song was only for the singer to say.

"You may think love's a crime and maybe it is,
You may think love's a weakness and maybe it's just that. . .

For a demon like himself, admitting that he was weak even if it wasn't in a very direct way meant alot in demon standards.


I'm exposed, left in the open but. . . .
Nothing would be the same,
If I'd never learn how to be weak. . .

He had given everything that would mean alot to a demon of his status; his pride, love, devotion. . .and it was thrown back at him.


And I think, I wouldn't care. . .
If the fabric of space and time,
Were to fall apart or if the world came to an end right at this moment."

As the music faded, he wondered if becoming human was worth it. He could've chosen another demon as his vessel. Another cold, heartless demon. He would've never learned to feel. Then none of this would've happened. And he would still be in Makai. . .But it was too late. Many people now meant more to him than life. . . .
:::*:::

Disclaimer I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho but this poem, err, song does belong to me. And if you like, review, if you don't, you can flame me by e-mailing me and telling me it's too cheesy or it sucked. -.-;;