Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fourth Corner ❯ Special Gift ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fourth Corner

 

A/N: Thanks to you people who enjoyed Unexpected Attraction. I hope you enjoy this one too!

 

Summary: AU-Shizuru is a sorceress that rules the south. It's her birthday and gets a special MPD demon as a gift. Pairings: ShizuruxKurama

 

Part 1: Special Gift

 

The demon and human world were combined as one. Humans and demons live in harmony with each other. Right now the world consists of demons, sorcerers, humans, and spirits that don't wish to move on no matter how many times you beg them to. Anyways in this world there are four sorceresses ruling the corners of the regions.

 

In the North there was Yukina. She is a cross between a sorcerer and a demon. She has a twin brother who blankly refused the throne since he didn't want to handle any of those affairs and Yukina knew more about it than he did. She was a powerful ice sorceress that could freeze the whole world into a new ice age and she specializes in healing too.

 

In the East there was Botan. She was given that position after beating the previous ruler of the east. She had been alone since she was a sorceress. Or rather was destined to be one. She specialized in air sorcery. Tornados and hurricanes she can create out of the air around her.

 

In the West there was Keiko. She is pureblood sorceress. She inherited the throne from her father. She was a water sorceress. She specializes in water and the water can channel her emotions. The water is calm at first then can be violent reducing a town into a pile of sticks. And water is a way to describe her personality well.

 

Then there was the South ruled by Shizuru. It was just by fluke that she inherited the throne. In the fire country they decide on the nominations. Shizuru didn't want to be in it but she already was by her friend who did the stupid thing. And you can guess she specialized in fire attacks. No one knew the limit of her powers since she didn't use it so often. Everyone was afraid to even try anything.

 

And with that somewhat boring introduction our story begins…

 

Shizuru was bored. She sat along the meeting between friends: Yukina, Keiko, and Botan. They usually don't do this since they don't have that much time on their hands but it was only four times a year do they get together. That was only on birthdays.

 

Though they keep wondering why they even bother when they're just going to live another six hundred years for being sorceresses. Of course it was time for her celebration that her advisors would hold for her. It was something she really didn't want to sit through but it's a duty to her region. She cursed the day she became all so powerful. Standing up, she walked right into the throne room.

 

Yukina, Keiko, and Botan following her.

 

It was time for the public to present their presents. Most of it is most likely gold as she predicts. Though she had enough of that, she didn't want her people to be starving. So that's why she hosts some food festivals where everyone in the South travels to eat for free. Homeless people have chances.

 

Of course there's nothing that the public would give her what she really wanted. She had everything except one thing. It was a companion. She could force people to be her companion but they're just doing that because she told them to. How she hated ruling. She was hoping someone would do it for a change and see what it's like running a goddamn territory.

 

"Hey, Shizuru, you look kind of stressed. Are you alright?" Yukina asked worriedly. She was always a worrywart for them. Shizuru gave the younger sorceress a smile.

 

"I'm fine Yukina. I'm just dreading today since I know exactly what I'll get." Shizuru said reassuring the girl. Yukina nodded in understanding before she left with Keiko and Botan back to their respective territories. Shizuru was alone again. She hated it. Oh well you can't buy friends. She sighed and sat on her throne as she waited what people have been trying to give her.

 

------------

 

Hours later after everyone had been giving her gifts she just gave them a smile and glanced sadly at the pile of gifts before her. Feh, gold, she had too much of it already. Why don't the people save it for themselves? There were no such things as taxes. Her advisors told her that it was just their way of saying thanks.

 

Well she didn't want their thanks all she wanted was some normal conversation! And a party so everyone could just come in and join! Not these stupid gift giveaways. She made a mental note to change that rule later on.

 

Shizuru sighed. It was hopeless. Her people wouldn't understand. She stood up about to leave until she heard a commotion.

 

"Hey, let go of me!" A male voice stated.

 

Her eyes spotted a redheaded boy being dragged towards her. His hands were tied behind him as he struggled with the guards. He as pushed to the ground lying on his stomach with the crisscrossed spears trapping him.

 

"Shizuru-sama, sorry to disturb you, but we caught this thief and decided to let you decide how to handle him," Guard 1 said. She gave him a confused look.

 

"Okay…but who is he?" she asked.

 

"This is the notorious thief, Yoko Kurama. He claims that he isn't. But people have witnessed his raids and gave us descriptions." Guard 2 explained.

 

"Mou, my name is Shuuichi Minamino! Stupid thief is always making me take the fall for it!" The redhead exclaimed.

 

"Silence thief!"

 

"Just let me out of this and I'll be fine!"

 

Guard 2 and the redhead began a verbal fight. As much as it has been a source of entertainment Shizuru saw today she had to interrupt.

 

"Hey!" she yelled out catching their attention, "As much as it was entertaining, I would like to continue. Now, kid, are you the one committing this thievery?" she asked Shuuichi.

 

"No! The stupid thief demon always does that. He just leaves me to clean up his mess! And I'm not a kid! I'm 22 years old!" Shuuichi answered obviously sounding upset.

 

"Could've fooled me," she muttered then sighed, "Let him go. He'll become a servant here. If what you say is true I'll deal with it."

 

"Actually Shizuru-sama, Commander Noin has ordered up to deliver this boy to be a personal companion for you." Guard 1 said.

 

"Really?" Shizuru said in surprise, "Well, tell Noin to give her my thanks. And untie him already. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be uncomfortable in his place ne?"

 

"Yes ma'am." He said quickly untying the redhead. Shizuru pointed to a servant.

 

"You, take him to his room and let him change then take him to my chambers."

 

"Yes Shizuru-sama."

 

TBC---------------

 

Kinshin: Like I promised! Another ShizuruxKurama fic! They're my favorite! But this will not be updated as often as the other fics since the others I need to finish before I would let myself update this one but this just popped into my head and I didn't want to lose the idea. Anyways tell me whatcha think!

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!