Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fourth Corner ❯ Meet the Party ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fourth Corner

 

Part 2: Meet the Party

 

Shuuichi whistled a happy tune as he was being taken to the brown-haired sorceress's room. At least he wasn't tied up this time. He was grateful for that. The maid leading him was mute so she could talk but he could read sign language so that was a plus. Although it must've looked like he didn't have any education but he did. He couldn't wait to see what the Fire country's sorceress is like. He hoped she was as nice as the Ice maiden ruler of the North.

 

They stopped in front of double doors after walking for what seemed like ever down the white hallways. The maid gestured to the door. Shuuichi smiled at her.

 

"Thanks miss. Hey, if you're off or something come over and we could talk, sorry, I mean indulge in conversations! I wanna know about this place." Shuuichi stated to the maid. She smiled kindly before making gestures with her hands.

 

'My name is Jeanne,' she motioned.

 

"Well it's a pleasure Jeanne. Please come by later or something ne?"

 

She nodded and went back down to the never-ending white hallway. Shuuichi stared at her retreating form before knocking on the huge golden red double doors. He heard a faint 'come in' from the other side and he was happy to oblige. He opened the door and went inside shutting it behind him. He stood with his back to the door waiting for anything else to do. He looked around for the fire sorceress of the south. She was sitting on her bed playing with some fire in her hands. She stopped as she saw him.

 

"Hey kid, join me for a bit," Shizuru said gesturing the open spot at the foot of her bed. Shuuichi huffed while walking over.

 

"I'm not a kid." He said as he sat down Indian style in front of her.

 

"Could've fooled me. The only way would be that you have sorcery blood in you. So who are you really?" she asked.

 

"Why do you want to know?"

 

"To satisfy my curiosity. You're the most interesting person I've met so far."

 

"Okay, I'm a human-sorcerer-demon mix. My mother was a sorceress and my dad was human. Then one day while my mother was still conceiving me this demon spirit bonded it's soul to me after getting carelessly shot by a hunter. I laughed at it for some time now. Ah, it's still funny to this day. And I've been cursed with his conscious for the twenty-two years I lived."

 

"Split personalities?"

 

"Yeah, I guess. Somehow he'd bail me out of trouble when I was in some and somehow he was able to think on his own but he doesn't come out so often."

 

"Explain."

 

"Well I had a run in with this demon…forgot his name, anyways, he became obsessed with me and I don't know what happened next. When I was back to reality he was laying on the ground dead with his blood sucked from him I guess. But there was this red rose that was huge with blue leaves and stem. I thought it was cool and I just ran off letting someone else find him. Then I kept hearing this voice in my head. That was when I found out. But you don't have to worry. He only comes out during the night."

 

"And who is it?"

 

"That famous demon thief everyone keeps talking about." Shuuichi stated casually as if he said it many times before. Shizuru gave him a weird look. He looked back at her questioningly. "What?" She shook her head.

 

"What brings you to my territory?"

 

"My mother. She lives here. I was traveling and we were separated and my mother lived north until she decided to move here. Don't know why. Well, Yukina-chan told me. So I traveled here. When someone yelled out thief was all I remember before being taken here. The baka kitsune is always leaving me to deal with the trouble."

 

"Baka kitsune…you mean Kurama?"

 

"Huh? Oh no, not him he's nice he's kind of like my older brother. He's much more calmer than the baka kitsune. I meant Yoko."

 

"But aren't they the same person?"

 

"Oh no, Kurama is much more un-demon like than Yoko. He's the human/demon half of us three."

 

"Three???" She paled at that thought. She thought dealing with one hyper active twenty-two year old is bad enough but two more? She was not going to deal with that. This kid had a multi personality disorder. She mentally hit herself for even thinking up of him being a good companion. She was desperate!

 

"Of course. I'll introduce you to Kurama. He's much more better than talking to the baka kitsune."

 

Shuuichi closed his eyes for a moment then opened the again. Shizuru didn't notice the difference. She knew people with MPD don't change appearance but she couldn't tell if they were acting or not. When he opened his eyes again his face looked a little more controlled, still with the childish looks, but a bit more serious.

 

"Hello, I heard you wanted to talk." He said evenly. She was baffled. A sweatdrop formed on her head with a sheepish smile on her face.

 

"Uh…yeah…so…um…who are you?" she asked a bit nervously.

 

"What you mean to say is what kind of trouble am I going to give you, right?" he said.

 

"Smart, I actually wanted to know if you are just lying because this acting isn't really that funny."

 

"I assure you there is no act in this. Everything Shuuichi said is true. We are one person with different personalities like that former detective for the Reikai. The one that Yuusuke defeated. Except we change to every hour of the day. Sometimes there is no difference. The demon only comes out when there's a moon mostly on sickle moons. So Shuuichi takes over for the morning and night."

 

"This is so weird," she sighed, "Alright. I'm convinced but if that demon thief tries to steal from me I will not hesitate to roast him under a fire." Kurama laughed a little before standing up and walking towards the door. Before he left he spoke,

 

"Don't be alarmed if Shuuichi comes in at night. He can't stand the dark alone," he said before leaving the fire sorceress to ponder something.

 

TBC-------------------

 

Kinshin: Hope you ppl like! Thanks for your visits!

 

Like it? Review! No Flames!!