Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Free My Soul ❯ Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Free My Soul: A Suicide Tale

Disclaimer: YYH belongs to someone, but it's not me so you can't sue, I just happen to be
using these characters to suit my twisted designs, the only thing I own in here is my OC, Miyoh Urameshi.

Key
*thinking*
"talking"
*thoughts progressing into speech"
//telepathy//
'substitute for italics'

Chapter One: Life

::Yusuke's house::

It's four in the morning and Yusuke Urameshi is sleeping peacefully, his hair is a bit mussed, and drool runs down the side of his mouth as he snores lightly.

A girl of about 17 or 18 opens the door and slips stealthily into the room, she stands over him on the bed.

"Hmm, how should I wake you up today?" she whispers down to him. "I know!"

She pulls her hand from behind her back, holding an airhorn. She covers her ears as she puts it down right next to his head and pushes the button.

HOOOOOONNNNNKKKKKK!!!

Yusuke's eyes fly open and he immediately rolls off the other side of the bed, holding his hands to his ears.

"MIYOH!" he yells at her, his ears ringing.

"Hmm?" she asks innocently, the airhorn hidden once more.

Yusuke growls, jumping over the bed and pushing her out the door in the process.

"Stay out! I hate you!" he yells, slamming the door in her face. Miyoh shrugs, going to the kitchen.

Yusuke comes out of his room, glaring toward the kitchen where he knows Miyoh sits calmly, sipping at a cup of coffee.

He goes back to the bathroom, shutting the door behind him quietly and going to take a shower. He finishes washing,
puts on his green school uniform, and sets at the task of gelling his hair.

He comes out later and goes into the kitchen, rambling in the pantry.

Miyoh looks over to him, her gaze slightly angry.

"What're you doing?"

Yusuke looks up from his rambling.

"Getting breakfast."

"Did you buy any of the food in there?"

"No."

"Then you don't eat."

Yusuke growls and lunges for her, she jumps up and steps gently to the side, Yusuke crashing into the abandoned chair.

"You're such a bakarusu! How can you tell your own brother he can't eat anything when he lives here?!"

"Because I buy everything in there, when you get a job and you buy some food then I won't touch it, now get out of here, Yusuke.
Get out of my house and go to school." she replies, regarding him coldly.

"Whatever, baka sister." he says, flipping her off as he straightens up.

Miyoh rears back and, catching him off gaurd, punchs him in the face, hard, his lip and nose begin to bleed.

"You really should respect you-" she's cut off as Yusuke responds with a heavy right hook, effectively sending her into the wall.

Miyoh growls, getting up and watching as Yusuke comes over to her.

"I wish you had stayed dead!"

Yusuke stops in his assault.

"I already died once, no, twice, and now you want me dead again? Of course, I forgot, you never cared wether I was alive or dead. Mom, even if she was a drunk, cared more about me than you do! I don't know why I even bother staying here, if I wasn't bound legally I would have moved out a long time ago!" he yells, getting in her face, forcing her to take 3 steps back.

"Shut up! You never respected Mother and you know it! Those tears you cried at her funeral were probably fake anyway!" she yells, slapping him brutally.

He doesn't move, just lets her slap his left cheek. Miyoh winces as he twists her right arm backwards.

"Don't 'ever' touch me again! I did respect her! You were too much of a bakarusu to see that, I was more hurt by her death than you! But I didn't have to worry, because I knew her soul would be safe! So you can shut up, and when you die, I'll ask Koenma to make sure you rot in Jigoku!" Yusuke says, his demonic aura sparking a little, he drops her arm and picks up his school bag, stalking out the door.

Miyoh growls, rubbing her arm and slamming the door shut. It wasn't that she hated him, it's just...well, she couldn't explain it. She turns off the lights and straightens up stuff, then grabs her briefcase and exits the house.

(A/n: Sorry for interrupting, but she knows all about Rekai/Spirit World. Back to da fic now.)

::School::

It's 2nd period and Yusuke is, as usual, on the roof. He sighs as he pops a toffee candy in his mouth.

His cheek still stings from Miyoh's hit but he pays it no mind.

"I hate that onna." he says to himself as he hears quick footsteps from the stairs, jumping away from the door just as it slams into where he was a second before. Then, a brown haired, brown eyed girl clad in a blue school fuku looks around for him, but doesn't spot him as he scrambles up the ladder to the part of the roof above the doorway.

"Yusuke?! Come on, Yusuke! I know you're up here, I saw you come to school this morning!" the girl yells, cupping her hands around her mouth like a megaphone. "Yusuk-!" Something flys from the very top of the roof where Yusuke is and hits the girl on the head, followed by Yusuke's comment of: "Hey Keiko, nice skirt."

Keiko blushes and turns to face him, the thrown candy wrapper on the ground, and Keiko staring slightly upward to see him.

"Yusuke you jerk. You really should try going to class once in a while. I get in trouble if your not there, you're making us look bad." she tells him, trying to keep her voice steady. He glares slightly at her.

"Why? All the teachers are still out to get me, they all want me expelled, and I wouldn't have even come today if it weren't for my stupid sister." he says, jumping down and turning to face her.

She cringes slightly under the look he gives her.

"Keiko, I thought we were dating. Why do you insult me? I get enough of that at home." he asks, looking like a hurt puppy.

"But Yusuke..." Keiko starts.

"But nothing! I knew you were planning on dumping me as soon as you got here. I could smell the guilt on you, so don't lie!" he says, punching at her, but stopping inches from her face.

He gets the wounded puppy look again and stares sadly at her. "Keiko...if you don't love me anymore, I don't care. Just go away and leave me alone."

He drops his fists to his side as she looks at him in fear. "Yusuke...they were right, the other kids always said you were a violent jerk! I didn't believe them until now! I hate you, and I never wanna see you AGAIN!" she replies, slapping him on the same cheek and stomping back downstairs.

The slap stings his cheek and makes it redder. He doesn't care, he just climbs back to the rooftop, and thinks about his dead mother, Atsuko.

"She was a crazy, acholic jajauma, but I miss her."

Keiko, walking down the stairs, hears him but is still angry. She scoffs and mutters to herself, going back to class.

::Later that afternoon, as Yusuke gets ready to go home::

Yusuke hops off the rooftop, landing as his compact rings. He flips it open ,and, in a voice too sugary for even the happiest person alive he says: "Hi, Botan! What's binky-boy got for me now?"

Botan sweatdrops, smiling.

"He just wanted me to tell you that you guys can take a break, you get a week's vacation."

Yusuke nods, shutting the compact and going to tell the other tantei. It starts to rain as he walks home.

"Great..." he says, running to get out of the rain.

::At Home::

Yusuke comes in the door, dead tired and soaking wet from the rain. Thanking whatever deity he knows that his sister isn't there as he goes to get a root beer from the fridge. He leans against the fridge door and drinks it, closing his eyes as he savors the taste.

Miyoh comes in, but he doesn't notice, his lethargic mind not registering that until she punches him.

"I told you not to touch my stuff!" she yells, looking down at him. He growls and jumps up, slamming his fist into her gut. Her eyes bug out, but she quickly regains her breath and trips him, wrapping her fingers around his throat. He starts to turn a little pale.

"What's wrong Yusuke? You're not gonna fight?!" she asks as Yusuke glares at her.

"You know what?! You want me gone so bad? Then do it! Kill me you jajauma, kill m-!" he's cut off as she tightens her grip more and he passes out.

'Baka brother, I don't want you dead. I could never want that, but you've got to learn...' her train of thought is disrupted when a boy in black bursts into the room via window.

"Let go of the detective." he tells her, his red eyes glowing ominously.

(A/n: Sorry to interrupt again, but even though she knows about Rekai and such she's never seen any of the tantei except Yusuke and Kuwabara. Back to fic now.)

Miyoh looks at him haughtily, although she loosens her grip on Yusuke's throat slightly.

"No, he's 'my' brother, living under 'my' roof, and as long as he is he's going to be punished any way 'I' see fit."

The next thing she knows she is pushed against the wall, a katana held to her throat.

"Well then, we'll just have to remove him from 'your' home won't we?" Hiei tells her, pushing the blade against her skin so that it draws a bit of blood and he releases her, going over to pick up Yusuke. He looks back at her and sneers.

"You don't deserve to be called his sister." he says, and then he was gone, disappearing through the broken window.

Miyoh is rooted where she stands, still in shock, when she comes back to herself she gasps as her knnes buckle underneath her and she sinks to the floor.

"Yusuke...what have I done?" she asks herself as she leans back against the wall and watches apathetically as the rain puddles on the floor from the shattered window.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anaki: Well, I know I shouldn't be doing a new fic...

RC#16: Damn straight!

Anaki: -pushes annoying muse away- But I am and I hope you like it.

RC#16: Review or something, I dun care.

Anaki: Ignore him and plz review.