Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Free My Soul ❯ Help and Worries ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Free My Soul: A Suicide Tale

Disclaimer: YYH belongs to someone, but it's not me so you can't sue, I just happen to be
using these characters to suit my twisted designs, the only thing I own in here is my OC, Miyoh Urameshi.

Key
*thinking*
"talking"
*thoughts progressing into speech"
//telepathy//
'substitute for italics'

Chapter Two: Help and Worries

::Kurama's home::

A dripping wet Hiei comes into Kurama's bedroom via window, startling the studying boy. He turns to face his friend, now noticing the boy clutched protectively to Hiei's chest, not to mention the fact that they were both wet and Yusuke had nasty purple bruises marring the perfect, yet pale flesh of his neck.

"Hiei, what's wrong? Why do you have Yusuke with you?"

Hiei comes into the room, not replying as he raises his fire ki high enough to evaporate the water from himself and the unconscious teenage demon boy in his arms, lowering it back to normal shortly after. He comes over, gently placing Yusuke on Kurama's bed. Kurama, meanwhile has gone over to shut the window against the rain, which has mounted into a storm.

Kurama sighs, going back over to sit at his desk and he closes the math book he was studying from. Now he turns to study Hiei, who has leaned against the back wall, and blatantly heavy waves of animosity roll off him.

"What happened to Yusuke?" he asks, looking at the pissed Koorime.

"His sister." Hiei replies, removing the ward from his Jagan, it battles with him for dominance before Hiei gains control and the lavender eye looks in all directions before finally settling on Kurama.

Kurama wonders to himself, knowing what Yusuke's sister is like, she seemed charming and sweet from his hidden prespective of her, he'd never met her in person. He looks over to the sleeping Yusuke, to the bruises on his throat. Was it possible...could she really have done that?

"Kitsune. Take a look." Hiei tells him as the Jagan shows Kurama everything that'd happened at the Urameshi house since early that morning. He clenches his hands tightly around the arm of the chair in anger as he sees what has happened to Yusuke.

"Hiei, why didn't you do something sooner?"

Hiei replaces the ward over his third eye and looks at Kurama.

"I knew the detective could take care of himself, and this was the first time there was a true possibility of him dying...again." he replies, his voice laced with a deep malice that promised death to Miyoh if he ever saw her again. Kurama sighs, going over to see if he can make the bruises fade from his friend's throat.


::Next morning, Yusuke's house::

Miyoh has finally come out of her apathetic stupor and is walking around picking up the broken shards of glass and depositing them in a wastebasket, tears staining her cheeks, but unnoticed by her.

*Who 'was' that boy? He must know Yusuke, and he has to be a demon because his eyes were red. Maybe he's that Hiei guy Yusuke was telling me about, he did seem the correct height. Although why would he take my little brother, he must've seen how I've treated him, but I have to, it's the only way to teach him to respect his elders.*

While Miyoh muses on this she doesn't notice vines creeping along the windowsill, watching her every move carefully.

::Kurama's house::

"She seems saddened, but not the least bit regretful for her actions." Kurama tells a now calm Hiei, who growls a bit.

"She needs to be taught a lesson."

Kurama nods in agreement.

"Yes, later, for now we need to take care of Yusuke." he replies, looking over to the boy. He's half awake, but refused to eat anything offered, mumbling incoherently on the gist of something like 'Miyoh, can't eat...hers, she'll hit me...'. Kurama had finally given up, setting the soup on the bedside table and deciding to try and fully wake the boy up. "Yusuke, Yusuke you need to get up." He shakes him gently, but Yusuke whimpers, rolls over and curls into a tiny ball.

"No, go away, don't want to see you ever again, you hate me, don't wanna be here with you, wish mom hadn't died." he mumbles, burying his face into the covers.

Kurama shakes him again, albeit a little more forcefully, alarmed when the boy yelps in pain and burrows further into the covers.

"Don't, Miyoh, please stop...don't hit me anymore...it hurts...I hate you, you just want me gone...leave me alone...please."

Kurama rolls Yusuke gently onto his back and unbuttons his shirt, growling as he looks at the many bruises and clumsily bandaged wounds that litter his torso. He turns the boy on his side and sees the same on his back, as well as many painful welts from what seems like a belt rising up, tender and painful, from his skin. The bandages couldn't go around these, it'd hurt too much, he wondered how his friend had endured this pain, it must have hurt almost everytime he moved. Kurama turns to Hiei, watching the barely contained anger now rise to the surface and show on his face.

"No, she'll pay for this now, and she'll pay dearly. Kitsune, tend to his wounds, I'm going to have a 'talk' with that onna." Hiei tells Kurama, disappearing out the window before he can try and stop him. Kurama sighs to himself, hoping Hiei won't do anything too serious as he starts making a salve to spread over Yusuke's wounds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anaki: Well, new chapter. I hope you like it.

RC#16: -sarcastic- Cool, a new chappie, the joy we feel is unbrideled.

Anaki: -burns muse with flamethrower- Do me a favor and review so
my muse can continueto make smart-ass comments.

RC#16: -pile of ashes with chibi eyes and a mouth- Yay!

Anaki: Poke him with a stick and plz review.