Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Free My Soul ❯ Talking ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Free My Soul: A Suicide Tale

Disclaimer: YYH belongs to someone, but it's not me so you can't sue, I just happen to be
using these characters to suit my twisted designs, the only thing I own in here is my OC, Miyoh Urameshi.

Key
*thinking*
"talking"
*thoughts progressing into speech"
//telepathy//
'substitute for italics'

A/N: I forgot, I never said 'how long' Atsuko had been dead, well, let's just say it's been...4 years, so she wasn't there when Yusuke was killed the first or second time. Miyoh was, and she didn't really care. So basically when their mom died she was 14 and he was 10. In other words, he's had to suffer her abuse for 4 yrs.

P.S: In order to stay in a house alone while Miyoh was 14 they had to get a special permit from the court.

Chapter Three: Talking

::8:00pm, Yusuke's home::

Miyoh sits in an armchair in her study, wondering how she's going to get Yusuke back and escape the wrath of the court when the window flies open, and
Hiei enters. She barely spares him a glance, wrapped in her thoughts. He finally walks over and stands in front of her, she looks up, finally noticing the presence of another person in the room.

"Why are you back here, and where's Yusuke?!" she asks heatedly, glaring at him.

"We need to 'talk', and where the detective is, isn't any of your concern now."

Miyoh growls, grabbing him by the scarf around his neck and pulling him down close to her face.

"Where is my little brother?!" she asks him in an ominous tone, still glaring at the diminutive koorime.

Hiei just matches her glare, bracing his hand on the hilt of his katana.

"As I've said, that isn't your concern, I came here to speak of your treatment of him. Now unless you want to be short one hand I suggest you release me
'now'." he replies, growling slightly. Miyoh's eyes widen upon the realization that he possesses a sword and quickly lets him go. He steps back a bit. "Now tell me onna, why?"

Miyoh blushes, looking down at her hands.

*I don't like this guy, I want to know where Yusuke is, is he hurt, is he safe? Then again why do I care? The only reason I'm keeping him here is 'cause noone else will take the little troublemaker. I don't hate him, I loath him, he could drop dead and it wouldn't be any skin off my nose,...well I would miss those social services checks. Yet, I'm not telling this shrimpy little demon child that.*

"I don't know." she replies, unaware that Hiei has been reading her thoughts this entire time, but is hiding this knowledge from her as he frowns, stepping
toward her slightly.

"I think you do, onna." he retorts icily, Miyoh looking at him, seething.

"I don't have to tell you anything."

"You're right, you don't, because I have ways of finding out, baka onna."

"Are you threatening me now?"

"No, simply stating a fact." he replies, untying his bandanna.

"What're you playing at?"

Hiei doesn't reply, his third eye coming into view as he lets the bandanna fall to the floor. Miyoh gasps, her hand flying to cover her mouth as she stares
upon the grotesque protrusion in the center of the koorime's forehead, which in turn gazes at her. It's very being was seeping into her mind, breaking what little barrier she has erected around her thoughts and memories.

She could feel her heart beating in her chest, faster and louder, until it seemed as though the whole room was pulsing now, a pain slowly spread from inside her skull all the way down through her body. The room seemed to spin and pulse simultaneously as she tried to stand, to run, but failed and sank back down into the chair. Her arms are thrown in front of her face in a gesture of protection, as if trying to stave off whatever was making her feel this way.

"Stop it, please, don't do this...get out, no...STOP IT! STAY AWAY, GET OUTTA MY MIND!" she yells out, finally quieting and slumping back into the chair, her eyes glazed over as she blankly watches Hiei retie his bandanna over 'that eye'.

It's presence was burned into her mind, madness, no 'insanity' came with it and it never stopped, never ceased.

Hiei looks at her from across the room, his crimson orbs not leaving hers and utters a few words into her ear as he goes back behind her chair to the window.

"Never again...you will never see the detective again. The ways you have treated him, you should be burned forever in the darkest pit of hell."

Miyoh doesn't say anything, just watches as he stalks past her to the window, tears streaming unchecked down her cheeks.

"You can't do that! He's my brother, you have no right!" she suddenly yells out at him, feebly grabbing the back of his cloak and stopping further progress toward the window.

Hiei growls, wrenching free of her lax grip and wheels to face her, his eyes flaming.

"I can onna, what are you going to do to stop me? Get your little ningen court involved? You're not ever seeing him again! I'll kill you before that happens, you've made him suffer enough." Hiei hisses at her, getting ready to leave once more and making it to the window before Miyoh calls to him again, her voice broken with sobs.

"Please, I just want to see Yusuke again...please?" she asks pleadingly, and Hiei smirks malevolently and gives a slight nod before exiting out the window.

"I'll return tommorrow night onna." his voice replies as the night envelopes him. Miyoh leans back in her chair, she would get to see Yusuke again, she'd apologize to him...then she'd kill him and herself...she had no idea that she'd never get the chance.

::10:00pm, Kurama's house::

Kurama has managed to get Yusuke to wake up and eat some soup, wondering if Hiei has finished his 'talk' with the teen's sibling. Yusuke just sits quietly on the bed, a withdrawn expression on his face. Kurama watches the boy worriedly, reaching up to place a hand on his shoulder. Yusuke flinches, shying from the kitsune's touch. Kurama doesn't say anything, knowing it'll take the beaten detective some time to heal, both physically and mentally. Both turn their attention to the window as Hiei comes in.

//Did you finish your 'talk' Hiei?// Kurama asks telepathically, asking aloud that he shut the window. Hiei does so and turns back to the two.

//She says that she wants to see Yusuke one more time, I'm going to let her.// he says, watching Yusuke with an expression that showed indifference, but actually held concern for the poor boy.

//Hi...Hiei...Why?// Kurama asks, looking over to Yusuke, who appears to be getting drowsy thanks to a few healing herbs Kurama had mixed into his food. He helps the boy lie down, said person curling into another ball as if to shut off the world.

Hiei watches this with a bit of anger, a low growl emanating from his throat, which only causes Yusuke to whimper and curls into a tighter ball. Hiei immediately stops, Kurama trying to calm the frightened boy.

//In my opinion she doesn't deserve that, but I'll allow it 'after' I assist her in departing this earth,...Koenma or no Koenma.//

Kurama frowns, his eyes flashing the slightest bit of gold before dimming back to their emerald green.

//When you're finished with her, she'll wish she had taken better care of him.//

Hiei grins maliciously, nodding and taking the ward from the Jagan once more.

::10:45pm, Yusuke's House::

She can feel it, it's as if it's picture had been etched into her skull, into her mind.

"It hurts..." she moans, the knife she was using dropping to the floor with a clatter. "What is this?!"

She drops to the ground, a hand to her head, seeing visions in front of her, and someone with a sword. Darkness surrounded her, stifling and the glint of a sword as the person came toward her, the metal of the sword scraping along the ground.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

She wakes up on the floor, panting and holding her head.

"Am I going mad?" she asks herself, examining her now bloody arms. The knife lay off to the side, covered with her blood.

'Scree, scree, scree..'

"What's happening to me?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anaki: ^____^

RC#16: Damn, you're sick.

Anaki: I know. ^_^

RC#16: Ugh...shove the image from your mind and review.