Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Fire ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: Hi everyone. Sorry that it took me so long to update, I've been sick, but I better now *YAY*. Well, I've gotten three title suggestions and I want you to vote on the one you think suits best, I can't decided, I like them all.
 
Chapter 3
 
Two days passed without incident and still Dekage did not wake. It made Bonsuese annoyed and Hiei worried. Bonsuese had explained about the two-day arrangement. So it had Hiei uneasy about what the lead demon was going to do since Dekage's resting time was up.
 
The grip around Dekage's figure tightened as Hiei watched Bonsuese move towards them. Dekage's wings had returned to a dormant state within her back so Hiei wasn't too concerned with gripping her hard.
 
“We leave tomorrow morning,” the green-eyed demon announced, stopping a few feet from the two younger demons. “I'll carry the girl if she has not woken up by then.”
 
“Like hell you'll touch her, you bastard!” Hiei snapped venomously, his crimson eyes narrowing in warning. Neither demon moved, as the younger male continued glaring the older one. The other members of the group started to gather around - curious as to what their lead would do to such an opened challenge after such a powerful display a few days ago.
 
“Kid, you've got balls,” Bonsuese suddenly commented, before turning to walk away, chuckling to himself. He'd have to watch the boy more carefully if he wanted to get his full pay. There was no denying the challenge the boy had demanded, and him being leader would had complied with no problems if it wasn't for the fact that: 1) the boy was paid for and 2) he was hold that girl.
 
`Ya I have balls,' Hiei growled mentally. `And I'll show him what will happen if I'm pushed.' Crimson eyes glared in the direction Bonsuese had headed - challenging. He wasn't about to let his only friend be carried by anyone but him, and that was only if she didn't wake up.
 
Hiei's glare lessened as he turned his eyes from Bonsuese to Dekage. He moved his free hand so the that it brushed the raven colored bangs from Dekage's closed eyes - being sure to be gentle. Hiei took note of the peaceful expression the graced her features as she slept. Dekage showed more emotions than himself - that he could be sure of - but yes, he always did like the peaceful look she got while she slept. Why? He didn't know, but then again he didn't care.
 
Hiei was brought out of his musing when he felt the body in his lap shift suddenly. Refocusing, he found the Dekage had buried her face into his chest. Being gentle, the male demon moved Dekage's face way from his chest - taking note that she kept her eyes tightly shut.
 
“You have some of your sight back,” Hiei more stated than asked, in a whispered voice meant only for her ears. The only response he got was a something growl in a grunt that meant he said something stupid or there's an obvious answer.
 
“Tired…” Dekage groaned after a while, jerking her head away from Hiei's gentle hold on her face in favor of burying in his chest once more. “Let me… go back to sleep…” she yawned in a whiny voice.
 
“Will you be wake by morning? We're leaving.”
 
“Shut up and… let me sleep…” the now partially blind girl snapped in-between yawns. And if to prove it was the end of the conversation, Dekage turn so the she could snuggle deeper into the warmth Hiei had to offer.
 
Hiei sighed, knowing it was useless to try and get her to talk. Last time he don't it when she'd fallen asleep in his lap she bit him in the stomach - leaving a bruise that wouldn't heal for a few weeks since she'd broken the skin and injected some of her poison. He hadn't talked to her for a long time after that - unless it was necessary and then say what he had to say in the fewest words possible. Actually they were just getting back on speaking terms - that's one of the reasons why Hiei had gotten the sword for her.
 
A growl escaped his throat as he thought of the now stolen artifact. He'd worked hard for it and had actually earned in it an honest fashion - unlike most of their other things. Suddenly a smirk played across his features - a devilish sparkle in his eyes - as his mind worked to up a `game' to play with his captors. The sky - the fire colors of the sunset - giving him the prefect idea.
 
But first he'd have to be patient and wait for a little while. So Hiei sat back - trying to relax - and hoped to get some rest before the blackness of the night was upon them.
 
Author's Note: Short.... I know, but anyway do vote/review on your way out. If it confusing please tell me and I'll try and fix it but now I have lots of homework to do and while I'm doing that I'm going to try and write another chapter. Or maybe I'll just skip the two weeks worth of homework and write another chapter.... ya that sounds much more fun. Well, anyway see ya later.
 
Lava ^_^