Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Funeral of my Rose ❯ Rememberance ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

 

Disclaimer: I do not, I repeat, I do not own YYH! Thank you and enjoy the fic!

 

Things you need to know:

"Dialouge"

'Thoughts'

~*~ Flashbacks

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

Chapter 2: Rememberance

 

You sat on your queen sized bed, big enough for two, drawing whatever pops in your mind down on your sketch diary. At first, they were just a few marks for the outline but in the process they soon darkened. The body, claws, shadows, and flowers were added as well as the forest themed background. As soon as you were done, you put your pencil down and held your sketch diary in front of you so you could admire your artwork. What you drew was a beautiful white fox with a white rose in it's mouth, in the background, it was a large meadow filled with vibrant pink, white, yellow and red roses. You were a good artist, no questions asked. In fact, your drawing skills is what intrested Kurama in the first place.You remember the day you had first talked to him. Just like it was yesterday.

 

~*~

You sat at a table in the school cafeteria, by yourself as usual with nothing but a blank white piece of drawing paper, a sharpened pencil, and a tiny pencil sharpener on the table. You were usually a loner but every single student and teacher knew you by your superior drawing skills, your perfect grades, and your strange personality that keeps them wondering. When you were sure you had everything you needed, you took your pencil and began to draw. At first, the were just a few marks for the outline but in the process they soon developed as you drew. The bodies, the landscape, shadows, and colors were added as well as the winter themed background. Many people passed by, catching a glance on what you were drawing. You were almost finished coloring your masterpiece when the school bell suddenly rang. You jolted up at the alarming sound. Quickly you grabbed your text books and as you were leaving the lunch room, a voice called out her name.

 

"Reiko, wait!"

 

You knew that voice all too well. When you turned to the owner of the velveteen voice, your guess was right. Standing there with his long vibrant red hair, his deep green eyes, in his mauve school uniform, was Shuiichi Miniamino. Like yourself, Shuiichi also had superior grades, grades that rivaled yours. He also attracted the student body's attention as well, like he prefers studying rather than slacking or goofing off like any other kid would, and he also had every girl, minus you, head over heels.

 

"You left your drawing on the lunch table, and it looks astounding by the way..probably your best work yet." Shuiichi said, marveling the drawing he held in his hand.

 

You smiled faintly, and said, "Thank you very much."

 

"Your quite welcome." He replied, handing you back your drawing.

 

"Well, we'd better get to class, I hope we get to talk again soon." And with that said, Shuiichi left to his class and you left to yours.

 

 

The day went by rather too quickly to you, in your last class, which was Art II, you were busy putting the finishing touches on your drawing when the final bell rang. You groaned inwardly.

 

'Too much interuptions' You thought as you walked down the school hallways, taking your sweet precious time. As you walked, your thoughts wandered to your drawing. What you drew was out of memory and you really wish you could forget it. You stopped for a moment and took out your drawing which was resting in your backpack and took a moment to look at it. It was a drawing of your birthplace,the Ice world which hovered over demon world. In the drawing was a group of Korrimes gathered around a snow capped cliff and at the edge of the cliff was one korrime holding a bundled up baby who had a tear gem necklace hanging around it's neck. That was no ordinary baby she was holding, that was a fire-demon baby, your half-brother, Hiei. You were only one year old when this had happened. You were oblivious on what was going on right untill Ruri was about to toss him off the cliff. Thinking about it brought tears to your eyes, but you blinked them back. You knew your brother was alive and you also knew he wouldn't want you to be crying over something that happened in the past. The past is over and done with, nothing can be changed.

 

"Oh well, he will come someday." You say quietly.

 

"Who will come?" Someone asks.

 

You gasp and quickly turned around to meet a very confused Shuichi looking at you with a newborn's curiousity.

 

"Um..my brother. I...I don't want to talk about it." You say quickly, hoping he'll let it slide.

 

"May I see your drawing again, please?" He asks you suddenly.

 

You nod your head and hand him your drawing. After a few minutes of studying it, Shuichi hands it back to you.

 

"It really is a beautiful drawing, Reiko," He starts, "...and I wish I could help you overcome this sad event that had happened in your earlier life. But someone would kill me if I tried, literally."

 

'How does he...wait a minute...could Shuichi be a...'

 

"If you are thinking that I am a demon, then you are correct. And if I'm correct you are an ice apparation." He said calmy.

 

"Yes but...how did you know?" You ask him.

 

"Well for starters, spiritually awared humans and high classed demons could see through your concealing spell*, your drawing of the Ice world explains it, and your immense spirit energy that is radianting off of you."

 

"Okay...one last question...who are you, really?" You ask.

 

"15 years ago, I was known as a famous fox demon theif known as Yoko Kurama. I stole and killed so much that the bounty hunters put a price on my head, so one night, an accomplince and I were on a heist and my partner got caught in bamboo spears. I wanted to help him, but he told me to leave. I did and upon trying to escape, I was shot by a bounty hunter. I did not have enough life energy to live so, I sent my soul into the human world and took the soul of an unborn child, which is Shuichi. After that I planned to leave as soon as I was ten, but the love of my human mother kept me here." He said sadly.

 

You looked at him hard, trying to see if he was really telling the truth. When you looked into his sad filled eyes, you could tell he wasn't lying.

 

"I'm sorry..um--"

 

"Kurama is fine, but I'd prefer if you call me by Shuichi around other people and my human mother."

 

You nod your head and smile sadly. Kurama notices it and asks you, "What's the matter?"

 

"It's just that I thought my life was meant to be played out this way. I was banished and forgotten. My brother is out there somewhere trying to survive, my sister is searching for both of us, and I just thought..never mind." You quickly say.

 

"What? Please tell me, I wish to help you in any way I can. Many times I've seen you alone, looking so sad and lost. It hurts me to see you like this. I want to help you. Please let me help you."

 

Then without any warning, he pulls you in a warm embrace. The embrace is filled with love and reassurance. You return the embrace, letting him know it's welcomed.

 

"I just thought I was going to be alone for the rest of my life." You say quietly.

 

"You're not and you will never be."

 

You smile at his words. You never felt this way about anyone. You felt love for your brother, your sister, your mother, and you possibly felt love for Kurama. Deep in you heart you did. You knew it and somehow you knew Kurama did as well.

~*~

 

You sigh as you remember that day. You both have been inseperable ever since, you soon became loving couples, and not only that, you found you brother and sister. Life was good for you all...untill THAT day. You shrugged it off and you placed you art supplies back in your portifolio. Then you hear a rapping sound on your bedroom window. Upon hearing it, you got up and went over to the window to see who it was.

 

'Probably Hiei.' You thought.

 

You got to the window and your guess was right. Hiei was perched on the window sill, waiting patiently for you to open it. You slid it open and Hiei came in.

 

"Hey Hiei, what brings you here?" You ask.

 

Silence

 

"Hiei? What's wrong?" You ask again.

 

Hiei turns to face you and his expression was a sad one,like an I-lost-a-match-with-Kuwabara-look.

 

He looked at you, comtemplating what to say. Apparently he was having a hard time. You could tell.

 

"Reiko," He starts, " I don't know how to break this to you but, there was an accident tonight."

 

~*End Chapter*~

 

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

Sam: Okay...so what do ya think? a couple ppl wanted a sequel so...I sat down a typed it since I had nothing better to do. Review and tell me how I'm doing!Constructive criticism is accepted, just no flames please. Later!