Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Gangs and Demons ❯ New Development ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm definitely on a roll! Three chapters fully written and the fourth is in progress! Thanks to those who reviewed: eireaV sI emaN yM, Nicole, A Fire in the Shadows (again ^____^), and Kup Yusuke's Luver! Thanks you guys ^____^ I feel very special now. And I would answer your question Kup Yusuke's Luver, but it would give away the story! Okay, so basically I'm not sure yet. So sue me!!! :P Anyway, enough from me. On with the story!

Disclaimer: I decided I might as well do this just in case, so I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Unfortunately *starts to cry*.

Gangs and Demons

Ch. 3: New Developments

School ended, and, of course, everyone had heard about the run-in between you and Hiei. Your best friend, Amber, ran up to you as you emptied your locker of the necessary materials for the night.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" she squealed.

You sighed. This was going to get out of hand. "Tell you what?" you finally say.

"That you were seeing Hiei!"

You stopped in your tracks. "Seeing Hiei?" You laughed.

"Of course!" She looked at you quizzically. "Isn't that why he stopped you at your locker?"

"No! The baka was attacking me!" You frowned then. "How many people think I'm dating him?"

"Not many, but," she blushed, "I mentioned the possibility to Charles." Charles was her boyfriend who happened to be a part of the Bachi gang.

"Damn it! You tell him otherwise, you understand?" You slammed your locker and glared at Amber.

"I'm sorry! Sheez. I'll take care of it," she assured you. "So if he isn't seeing you, why'd he bother with you?"

"I don't know," you replied slowly. "But I've got to go. The bus won't wait! Bye!" You ran off.

You barely caught the bus. Settling into a seat, you stared out the window. How come everyone thought you and Hiei were a thing? It was inconceivable! First of all because you didn't want a boyfriend. Also, it would hinder your attempts to get into a gang on your own merits.

Once the bus had dropped you off, you ran inside and into your room. Dropping your stuff, you realized you were faced with a dilemma. Should you go and meet Hiei or not?

You flopped onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. On the one hand, if you didn't meet him, your secret would be safe, but he would probably hunt you down. On the other, if you met him, you would probably end up telling, but maybe...your heart began to pound at the memory of his close proximity.

`Well,' you thought, `maybe he won't show.' So you grab a pair of sunglasses and head outside. The park was only a few blocks away from you, but it was long enough to make you question your decision. Now though, the park was now in view, and you knew if you turned back, Hiei would come after you.

You squared your shoulders and strolled into the park. It was bright in the front section of the park. Families and children laughed and played in the sun and under the friendly trees. A stranger in town, however, would notice that they all avoided one section of the park, a section that looked cold, dark, and evil.

What strangers didn't know was that was where the gang wars were held. Most of the gangs, particularly the stronger ones, held territory there. They didn't fight in these woods, unless claiming territory from a weakened gang, but an ominous silence hung over these woods from all the one-on-one battles that could, and did, occur. It would be here Hiei would meet you, particularly since your regular watching spot was on the other side of these woods, where the park met the highway.

You trudged down the path that parted the woods. Most people would have been freaking out by now, but not you. What others didn't realize was that the gangs would rarely fight or kill during the day, and the stronger gangs would never bother passer-bys, only the weak ones did, and then only at night. Of course, the silence got many people as well. However, you found it soothing more than anything else.

Finally, you reached the tree. Since Hiei didn't seem to be there at the moment, you contemplated climbing up. You considered it for a while, but ultimately decided to just sit in the shade. You had barely gotten comfortable when a hand grabbed the front of your shirt and pulled you off the ground. If that hadn't scared you enough, you soon found a katana at your throat as well. You gulped but looked directly into Hiei's eyes.

"Can't you get my attention in a nicer way?" you growled.

He ignored that. "Hn. You will answer my question now, or I will kill you."

"I'm not telling you anything!"

"Onna..." he snarled, pressing the blade into your throat slightly.

"Hiei, Hiei, Hiei," a cold voice rumbled in amusement. "Still having trouble with the ladies?" An even colder, and eerier, voice joined the first in its laugh.

Hiei put you down and assumed a battle stance. Looking up, you saw it was the Urami. At least, some of them. The Toguro brothers were there, along with quite a few underlings.

"Hiei, I do hope you know you're going to die now," the younger Toguro said mockingly.

Hiei just glared. To you, on the other hand, he hissed softly, "Did you inform them?" The chill of winter was in his voice.

Mutely, you shook your head. Inside, though, was a different story. `How dare he accuse me!' your mind shrieked. `Where does he get off at?'

"I want you to run as soon as I attack, understand?" he muttered. You refused to answer. He shrugged, but immediately launched an attack on the brothers.

Obviously, they had expected this move, because the elder disappeared, leaving the younger to fight. At the same time, the underlings were moving in on you in what seemed to be a planned operation. `Do they think I'm with Hiei as well? Damn it!' you screamed mentally before getting into your own fighting stance. This was as good a time as any to prove your worth.

There were only ten, but they did cause some problems. Even though you were knocking them out one by one, punches and kicks were getting through your defense. You would be bruised head to toe tomorrow.

Then, only one was still standing. He had a feral grin as he crouched low. You resumed your original position. The two of you circled for a time before he attacked. You blocked. Or so you thought. You hadn't expected a knife; it came as a surprise when you felt blood seeping through the newly made gash in the side of your shirt and skin that went from your chest down to your stomach. You ignored it briefly and dispatched the last man. The last thing you remembered after that was seeing Hiei running towards you with sirens in the background.

***

Hey! It's all done! Longest chapter yet! I might be a while on the next chapter; it's getting a little long itself, and I need to plan it carefully because the next chapter is kind of the pivot point of the story if I guessed right. Also, I guess it might help if I make one point clear: the reason you are so confused by Hiei is because you one) don't think of guys consciously in that way, and two) no guy as paid any attention to you in that way before either. I'll probably end up restating this within the story at some point, but I figured you might be a little confused at this particular junction. Anyway, thanks again to my beta reader, BlondKittyBarbie, and make sure you review! Reviews give me a warm glow inside! ^____^ Ja ne!