Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Golden Dreams & Roses ❯ Dying Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is pretty much what happened in the beginning when the Sun Princess and Youko met. This is my first fic so if it's bad, please I'm tryin'. R&R please.

Hiei: Nice summary.

Lizako: Hey, I tried. I like to see you do better! ::baseball bat in hands::

Kurama: Now, now Lizako. ::gives one of his gorgeous smiles::

Lizako: Of course, Kurama ::drools::

Kurama ::frowns:: Hiei that means you too!

Hiei ::baseball bat is raised over Lizako's head::

Lizako: HHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIII ::chases after Hiei with bat::

Kurama ::sighs:: Enjoy.

Prologue

Dying Love

"Elhono!"

The demon called her name, as she fell to the ground beneath her. The blinding light disappeared from the girl's body. Her body was covered with bruises and scrapes. Her ribs were partially broken, and her breathing was stopping at a slow rate.

"Elhono," said the kitsune rushing to her side. Picking her up and cradling her broken body in his arms. "Elhono," he whispered, "It's me, it's Youko. I'm here." Elhono's body reacts to his voice, and slowly opens her ocean blue eyes to meet his golden ones. "Well," her voice barely a whisper, "If it's not the ever so feared demon thief, Youko Kurama."

He slightly chuckles and smirks at her comment. "I should of known that the Sun Princess was to stubborn to be dead." Elhono suddenly winces. "I feel like I'm dead, though." She lets out a small laugh. "Hono, don't talk like that." Youko says looking into her eyes. She gives him a questioning look and says, "Why aren't you calling me that name?"

Youko slightly smiles, "Sunny." She lets out another small laugh. "Foxboy, you haven't changed a bit." She winces again in pain, then looks up at him and says, "Youko, I don't have that long. You have to understand." He is shocked at what she said, because all he's ever wanted was to be with her. "Hono, what are you talking about?"

"Let her go Youko, you know she is on the verge of death."

(is verge even a word ?__?)

The voice came from the demon that wanted to claim the power that lay deep within Elhono's body. It was the same power that was released from her body. She used that power to defeat him, but it didn't seem to work.

"Youko," said Elhono almost desperately. "Please Youko, promise me."

He looked down at her and said "Promise, promise what?" She was growing weaker and weaker by the moment. "Youko, promise me that we will meet again." Her voice was now nothing but a whisper.

"Of course, but what are you talking about? I'm not going to lose you!" Her eyes were slowly starting to close. "Youko, I-" her voice was fading, "love-" you could hardly even hear it, "you." Her heartbeat is almost gone; the warmth of her body was gone. Her breathing stopped; her body was still. Youko was pale, tears started forming at his eyes. "Elhono." He brought her body up to his chest. "Elhono!" He just lost the one person that he loved more then anything.

"So, it has been done. The death of the Sun Princess. The crystal disappeared along with the soul. Princess, we will meet again."

The demon that attacked her disappeared. In which he left behind a troubled demon thief and the body of the thief's dead lover.

Lizako: Well, at least I got it done. Hope ya liked it!

Hiei: She is hopeless.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho. But I do own the Sun Princess and the demon that killed her.