Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Has she gone soft? ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own the idea, kinda own the fic, I asked permission from ange34
to continue this fic. So you can't sue, nyah.

Key
*thinking*
"talking"
//telepathy//

Chapter One

She runs through the cold desert with what seems to be all her spirit energy, smirking deviously as the frigid night wind whips around her, a hood obscuring her face.

A short boy clad in full black with the exception of a white scarf around his neck and a bandanna on his forehead, also black hair with a white startburst that seems to be defying the laws of gravity is behind her in hot pursuit.

She comes to a sudden stop as the wind blows her grayish black robe around her, making it flutter softly. The boy's eyes widen as he sees her stop for he couldn't, she turns and a faint glimmer of a smile appears on her face, along with a malicious glint in her eyes. She quickly dashes to the side and the boy slides off the cliff, trying to stop. At first she watches him stoic, but now as he hangs clinging to the narrow edge desperately for fear of losing his life. She frowns.

*I don't want another death on my hands.* she thinks for she hated to see people plead for mercy even when it's not verbally, and she could read it in their eyes.

She turns to leave and starts to walk away slowly, pondering on what to do. She can't take it anymore, he was going to fall and she knew it, that would mean another death on her hands, and they were already filled with so much blood…

The girl sighs, reaching over the edge and grabbing the boy's wrist, pulling him up so that his red eyes meet hers, they are a deep shade of blue and look even more frightning under the darkness of the hood.

"If you continue to follow me Forbidden One, I won't hesitate to leave you hanging next time." she tells him, her voice cutting through him like ice.

Then she is gone, leaving a growling Hiei rubbing his wrist and frowning.

"I will get you onna, just you wait." he says, whispering this promise to the wind as he too, disappears

::132 years later::

Any trace or lead he'd had of the girl had faded in the past years, but now he had gotten another. Of course it would be after being on parole for that baby and he wouldn't recognize her after all these years.

"Someone in Makai has been stealing valuable treasures, normally we'd overlook this, but they've managed to slip through the Kekai Barrier into the Ningenkai and have been stealing various treasures from museums and millionaires." Koenma says, turning on the screen, a girl with blue eyes, white hair, and almost see through black wings appears on the screen. Her teeth bared at whoever was dumb enough to take this picture, flexing her claws slightly.

Hiei looks over to Kurama.

//A friend of yours fox?// he asks, looking at the similarities between the girl's outfit and Youko's, except it was black.

//No, but it's clear that her elements are ice and water, judging by her eyes anyway.// Kurama replies as Yusuke looks over to him.

"Yoo-hoo, Kurama, you okay?" he says, waving his hand in front of the fox's clouded eyes.

"Hm? Oh, yes. Sorry Yusuke." he replies, coming back to reality.

Koenma coughs, bringing their attention back to him.

"Since Kuwabara is...no longer with us, you'll have to do this one by yourselves."

Hiei 'hn's.

"It's not like the baka was much help anyway."

Yusuke catches him by the collar angrily, pulling the shorter boy toward him.

"I know you didn't like him Hiei, but keep those thoughts to yourself." he tells the koorime, pushing him away and clenching his fists.

Kurama sighs, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder to try and calm him down. Yusuke pulls away and huffs, going to wait outside the door.

Koenma tells them to bring the girl into custody and 'not' kill her, they nod, Kurama promising to tell Yusuke when they go outside.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anaki: How you like?

Random Chibi #16 (my muse): Boo! It sucks!

Anaki: -pounds RC#16 into ground-

RC#16: -numerous bumps on head- Owww...Review or you'll end up like me...