Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Has she gone soft? ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own the idea, kinda own the fic, I asked permission from ange34
to continue this fic. So you can't sue, nyah.

Key
*thinking*
"talking"
//telepathy//
~POV's~
::scenery::

Chapter Two

::A forest somewhere in Ningenkai, countryside, night of a half moon::

~The girl~

*I could see the blood so clearly, it still stained my hands a deep crimson, and I wanted to scrub them raw until the blood went away.* I think as I run from the mansion, the most beautiful ruby gauntlets and anklets bound with cloth and clutched tightly to my chest. I knew I'd look stunning in them, but I felt nothing but guilt, the ones who pursue me had to die, and I had no choice, they were going to capture me. They were three boys, all with high spirit energy, one seemed to be a hybrid, another seemed to be a hanyou, yet he smelled like a human, and the last one actually was a hanyou, he smelled of an ancient youkai race whose name I forget at the moment. I stop in my tracks as I feel their ki getting closer, I take to the sky a split second before they enter the clearing.

"Damn, I hate nature." a boy with green on complains, sneezing. A redhead boy hands him a bluish plant. The other boy thanks him, chewing and swallowing it quickly and he immediately looks better.

*So...an animal spirit, a silver kitsune at that.* I think, sensing his aura, it seemed like the kitsune spirit was supressed by the human's.

The boy in black grunts, looking around, he could sense me, but not see me. He looked like someone I knew, his red eyes glinting in the moonlight. Who was he?

~Author~

The girl continues to hover over the three oblivious tantei, until Hiei looks up, finally figuring out where her ki signature flows from.

She growls low in her throat as he glances casually up to her, his eyes seeming to burn holes through her body and etch themselves eternally in her soul.
Yusuke and Kurama's heads snap up to stare at he as well, wondering how to get her to come down, short of firing off a Rei Gun at her that is. Hiei doesn't give them anymore time to ponder the subject, quickly taking to the treetops and using an impressive spring from a tree branch to propel himself to her height, waging a battle in the air and giving Kurama time to take out a seed and throw it at the girl. She, being preoccupied with the koorime, barely dodges, the seed hitting Hiei at the last minute and engulfing him in vines immediately. He curses and struggles, falling from the sky and into the trees. Kurama senses that he's unharmed and goes over to untangle the now throughly po'd youkai. Yusuke meanwhile has charged up a low power Rei Gun, strong enough to jar her, but not really hurt her. It would have been better if he'd just turned youkai then he could've fought and subdued her easily, but he didn't want his 'annoying father' as he so affectionately called him, to possess him again. Yet, before he can actually fire it, spikes of ice rain down upon him, forcing him to duck and roll out of the way as quickly as possible.

"Leave! I don't need anyone interfering in my business!" she yells as Hiei is freed and comes after her again, she dodges most of his attacks, a few tearing off the soft, sheer feathers on her left wing. She hisses in pain, swiping at him with her claws and flying higher into the air, her skill a little off, but she keeps going. Until, finally, she's out of the range Hiei's attacks. Yusuke sighs, not wanting to seriously injure her but having no choice, he charges his Rei Gun once more, this time making it small like a bullet and aiming it at her left wing. He fires, the girl unaware of the tiny spirit bullet until it makes a wide hole in her wing, she screams now, in pain and anger, but still trying to keep herself in the air.

She fails, falling with steadily increasing speed down towards the earth, her treasure not slipping from her grip as she crashes into the earth. The girl lay still, her eyes shut and Yusuke walks toward her cautiously, cursing as she jumps up and sinks low, sidesweeping his feet from under him. He's grabbed by the back of his shirt as the girl holds her claws to his throat, glaring daggers at Hiei and Kurama. The treasure forgotten on the ground.

"Make one more move towards me and I swear I'll kill him." she tells the two, Youko growling in the back of Kurama's mind and tells Hiei to take her down with the Jagan. Hiei makes a barely noticable acknowledgement with his eyes and unties his bandanna, the girl watching warily as the eye opens.

Hiei watches her, taking in the look in her eyes and remembering someone from the past with those same cold, frightning, yet deliciously blood lustful eyes. He growls, remembering the exchange between them.

"You're that onna from the cliff..." he says, her face taking on realization as her grip on Yusuke's shirt tightens.

"Damn! You're that Jaganishi Koorime!" she curses, throwing Yusuke to the ground, picking up her treasure and trying to flee, but the Jagan invades her mind and makes her relive painful memories she wanted to stay buried, resurface almost angrily. She sinks to the ground, dropping her treasure and holding her head, hissing a string of incoherent curses. Still, she manages to get to her feet and concentrate long enough to throw an ice spike towards Hiei's Jagan, unfortunately Kurama catches it before it can make contact, Hiei not stopping in his assault until the girl lays curled fetally on the ground whimpering slightly and unconscious.

Yusuke goes over and picks her up, Kurama grabbing up the treasure, and Hiei re-tying his bandanna as they exit the forest and head back through the portal back to Rekai.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anaki: Yay, a new chappie!

RC#16: Who cares?

Anaki: -burns-

RC#16: -is charred- Ow...review plz and don't insult the 'female dog' over there.

Anaki: -kicks him- Ya, review ppls!