Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hiei's death...and rebirth ❯ Happy Ending ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Neptune's Daughter: Well this is the epilogue, or will be when it's done. So here's the disclaimer: I don't own YYH duh it's owned by Yoshihiro Togashi and whatever company made the show I think its FUNimation, whatever. So you get the point. Oh, I didn't make up Mea; she's my friend's character. If you want an explanation of her, read her story; The Story Untold, By: ShadowRose564. You'll have to go in through the Genre though because she didn't write any of the animes it has stuff from. It's not nearly finished so it hasn't even gotten to the part about them but that's the only way you'll get an explanation unless you want to wait for me to write 3 other stories which go in the wrong order so I suggest her story, she's a better writer anyway. So on to the story after this one quote;

So many tangles in life are so ultimately hopeless that we have no appropriate sword but laughter.

The Next Day

"Onissan, what are you doing?" asks Yukina upon seeing Hiei up in a tree.

"Thinking," says Hiei simply. He's not exactly one for words.

"They are having a party to celebrate you being back tonight. Are you going to come?"

"If you want me too," answered Hiei, unable to say no to her.

"Thank you, Onissan!"

"Your welcome," Yukina walks off to do… something. And Mea soon shows up on the branch above Hiei. Obviously, she's feeling okay now, after a good night's sleep.

"Hey Hiei," she says, smiling at him.

"Hi Mea," replies Hiei.

"So, I've heard that their having a party tonight and you're going. Want some ice cream, I mean sweet snow?" she asks, holding out a small container of the stuff and a spoon to him.

"Thanks," he says quickly, reaching out to take the treat. Mea jumped down from the tree before he could get it and an irritated Hiei followed.

"What was that for?"

You don't get the sweet snow till you promise never to do that to me again, also I did it so I could do this," replies Mea as she glomps him and nearly topples him over.

"I promise." She then gave him one more hug before giving him the ice cream. She then takes out her own ice cream and they both start eating their ice cream.

Hiei spends the rest of the day talking to Mea and Yukina until it was time for the party.

At The Party

Hiei tries to retreat into a corner but no one will let him, they just keep pulling him back into the center. Eventually he just stands there not doing anything

"Hiei, what are you doing?"

"Breathing."

"Whatever, talk to your friends you scared them, going off and dying like that, they'd like to speak to you," says Mea, laughing.

"Hn."

"Well, bye then."

Mea walks off to do something more interesting. A moment or two later Hiei walks over to where Kuwabara and Yukina are talking. Kuwabara seems to be more cautious around Yukina now that he know who her brother was.

"Hello," says Hiei calmly.

"Uh, oh hi Hiei," Kuwabara answers nervously.

"Hi, Onissan."

`There's another good thing about Yukina knowing,' thought Hiei. He and Yukina talk for awhile then goes back to being silent. Kurama, Yukina, and Botan were the only ones there completely sober by the end of the night and everyone had a good time, well as good a time as you can have with a slightly drunken Hiei trying to race a drunken Mea up the wall. Oh well.

In the morning Hiei and Yukina are the first ones awake. Hiei doesn't have a hangover, thanks to Mea. Hiei walks over and hears the softly playing radio nobody had ever bothered turning off. The song playing was "I'll go wherever you will go" and Hiei marvels at how a ningen song can seem to sum up everything so well. He walks over to his sister and stands next to her, actually looking at peace. He looks at her and smiles faintly. She looks back at him and smiles too.

Neptune's Daughter: Well that's the end. Did you like it? I certainly hope so. I'll work on updating Secrets of the mine next but I'm also doing a songfic of "I'll go wherever you will go based on the story k well bye for now.