Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hope For Fox ❯ A child's whisper for help ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hiei finally woke up; he was in Kurama's arms wrapped up in a blanket. Hiei held his head. It was hurting very badly. Not only did Hiei feel different. Kurama seemed a lot taller than before. Hiei's clothes were baggy on him, his headband around his neck. He rested his head on the sleeping Kurama. Was he younger? Or was this another dream? Hiei has a confused look on his face. He looked at Kurama. "Who is this person? Where am I?" He thought. Kurama started to stir; he opened his emerald eyes to only find ruby colored eyes staring at him. " H-hiei?" He stuttered looking at the small boy in his lap. " The dream. He said he saw his self, just younger. His dream is coming true?"

" Hiei is that you?" Kurama asked

The smaller version of Hiei nodded. He still looked confused. " But who are you?" Kurama sighed. " My name is Kurama. I guess you do not remember me." He picked up the small fire demon and went to get clothes that might fit.

" There see? It fits." Hiei was pulling at the clothes Kurama dressed him in. "Hn. I will not wear this!" Hiei yelled in a higher voice than normal. " I don't think you have much of a choice here. These are the only clothes of mine I could find. Well when I was your age." Hiei looked disgusted with the outfit. " But I don't want to wear this!" Hiei pulled at the blue overalls. " Well Hiei. I am sorry. But this is the only thing that will fit." Hiei sat down and crossed his arms. Kurama signed. Children. Even as a child Hiei is stubborn. " Come on. We need to go somewhere." Hiei shook his head. " No I am not going! This is not the Makai! This is the filthy Human world. I will have nothing to do with this." Kurama growled. Boy Hiei was pushing it. Kurama took a breath. He can't get mad. Hiei is a demon, and demons can be like this. But he is in charge and Hiei will have to listen. He picked him up and carried him to the door. " Let me go! Kurama!!" Hiei struggled, but Kurama's grasp was not going to be broken. Hiei was about to bite Kurama when he looked right in the eyes of an angry fox. " You bite me. And I will assure you, you will not be able to sit for a VERY long time." That threat made Hiei stop; he crossed his small arms, and was still for the rest of the small trip. " Hn." Was all he said.

Kurama now had Hiei in the crook of his arm. He wanted to kick and scream and make him let the small fire demon go. " Can I walk now?"

"No." Kurama did not even look at him, but Hiei could tell he pushed Kurama to far.

Kurama was not one for getting mad. But he needed to figure out what was going on, he was very stressed out.

Finally they reached a house. Kurama knocked on the door, putting back on his normal smile. " Hello Yusuke." He said " Could we talk?" The raven hair boy smiled. " Sure Kurama, come in. Mom is not home. Probably getting drunk somewhere anyways." Kurama entered still holding Hiei. Yusuke stared at the small child for a while, with wide eyes. " Is…. Is that who I think it is?" Kurama nodded. " That is Hiei. That is what I need to talk to you about."

Hiei was lying in Kurama's lap asleep. Kurama was gently stroking his back, as he and Yusuke talked.

" This is what happened in Hiei's dream. Only we are not in the Makai." Kurama explained about the dream, and what happened to Hiei.

" I see. So you think the dream is coming true?" Yusuke asked, and received a nod for an answer. " If it is coming true. I will have to fight someone that looks just like Hiei, Hiei said I was winning, but I still don't know. That's why I am going back to the Makai." Yusuke stood up. " You are not going alone! We are a team and I am going with you. And so will Kuwabara. Anyways. You need someone to watch over the three eyed demon." Kurama smiled a bit. " Well only two right now."

Yusuke looked at Hiei's forehead. " Guess he does not have it yet." Kurama nodded.

" Well lets get something to eat, and we can talk more." Kurama nodded again at Yusuke suggestion. " Sounds good."

Kurama laid the small koorime on the couch and followed Yusuke into the kitchen.

Hiei's heart was beating fast, his breaths were heavy, and sweat ran down his small face. He curled in a ball and made a sound that sounded like a whimper. " Please Kurama. Help me." He whispered shaking in fright. " I don't want to die. I don't want to die. I don't want to die." He said over and over again.

The wind started picking up, and it started to rain. Getting heavier and heavier. Lightning struck near Yusuke's house. Cutting off the power. Thunder boomed outside shaking the house slightly. It was very dark in the house. Hiei snapped his eyes open, he was surrounded by complete darkness. " Where am I?" Hiei jumped up and looked around in panic. It looked like the dream to him. He was in complete darkness. He heard footsteps coming close to him. He backed up. He let out a terrified scream. His eyes were producing many tears that formed into small black pearls. The hit the ground with a `clank'. The shadowed man ran over to him. But when he talked it was Kurama's voice. " Hiei. Hiei! It's ok. I promise. We are here now." He held the trembling Hiei close to him, feeling his fast heart beats. " He is coming Kurama! He is!" The lightning lit the house up for about a second then went dark again. The thunder came quickly after. " Yusuke. We must go now!"

" Ok! Lets go!" Yusuke said running to the door, and grabbing his coat. All three of them ran out. Yusuke, Kurama and a scared Hiei in Kurama's arms. They ran in the rain and lightning, to Kuwabara's house.

" Help me. Help me. Help me." Hiei whispered burying his head into Kurama's red hair.