Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity ❯ In The End ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kuroi: Alright, getting closer to the end.
Yoko: Finally
Kuroi: *raspberry* It's still a ways away.

A standard disclaimer will suffice.
###########################

~Insanity~

Koenma looked to Yukina. That's right, something had happened to her when she touched Yuusuke's hand.
"It was very strange, it was almost as if he wanted me to see it." Yukina finished. "I'm glad I saw it."
Kuwabara and Koenma looked at Yukina.
"What... what do you mean Yukina?"
"Well, there seemed to be someone in there. They block my healing ability. I couldn't even reach Yuusuke." Yukina began. "But when I intruded he lost grip on Yuusuke, he was trying to get me." Yukina's voice faded at the end.
"Well at least that sets where it came from." Koenma said grimly.
"So the Reikai Tantei have been infected?" Shizuru asked.
"In a matter of speaking." Koenma replied.
"What do you mean?" Shizuru questioned, looking directly at him.
"The Reikai Tantei that are part demon have been compromised." He replied. "If Kuwabara snaps, it the pressure."
Kuwabara looked at Koenma questioningly.
"This... virus, for a lack of complete knowledge and terms, only effects those with demon blood. Unless you have some type of demon in you that no one knows about, you'll be fine." Koenma said quietly.
"So, what do we do?" Yukina asked.
"We figure out a cure." Koenma said, forcefully. "We have to. To many friends are at stake!"
The group stopped and looked at Koenma.
"Shizuru, Yukina. Welcome, officially, to the Reikai Tantei." Koenma said.
"Tantei? Is that what you and Yuusuke have been up to?" Shizuru asked, eyeing her brother questioningly.
"Yeah." Kuwabara answered simply then turned to Koenma. "Why are they getting involved?"
"We need all the help we can get. Who knows, their abilities might come in handy." Koenma said with a grin, "Now, Kuwabara, I need to know what happened on the mission."
Kuwabara yawned. "Can't it wait? I'm tired."
Shizuru hit him in the back of the head. "Of course not, knuckle brain! We gotta know what's going on now."
"Fine, fine." Kuwabara stretched, "Can we at least sit down?"
"KAZUMA!" The group shouted.
"Alright! Geez!" He complained.
Kuwabara began spinning the tale of how the Reikai Tantei fought bravely agents all the odds to emerge victorious, and how they battled many monsters to get to their boss, only to find a wimpy pushover.
"That's it! It had to the during the battle with the leader. Do you remember her name?" Koenma asked.
"Umm... Mano... Mone... Monogurui!" Kazuma declared triumphantly.
"Insanity." Shizuru said simply. "You battled with Insanity."
"I was told that Nekkyou was the ruler of that area." Konema muttered.
"Could it be that they teamed up with a similar goal in mind?" Yukina suggested.
"That could be. Kazuma, did you destroy Monogurui?" Koenma asked.
"We thought we did." He replied quietly.
"But then who could control the imps in the other Tantei's brains?" Yukina asked.
"We need to research this some. Everyone go home and get some sleep. We'll regroup in the morning. I'll send Boton for you." Koenma said.
The group split, but Koenma had no intention of sleeping. The moment he reached 'home' he set to work.
"George, I need to get a hold of Genkai."
"Genkai? Why her?"
"Because right now our demon operatives are out. We need help."
"Of course. Koenma-sama."

***

George tried everything he could to get a hold of Genkai but there was just no answer. It was as if she wasn't there. He really dreaded having to tell Koenma-sama.
"How am I going to explain this..." He mumbled absent mindedly.
"Explained what?" An all to familiar voice asked.
"Koenma-sama! Sir, I didn't even hear you coming."
"Obviously. Where is Genkai?"
"Well. sir, she wasn't there." George was sure he was going to get spankings now.
"Damn." Koenma growled. "They got her first. They knew."
"Knew what, sir?" George asked, lost.
"They know!" Koenma suddenly realized. "The Kuwabaras and Yukina are in trouble!"
Koenma switched to his teen form once again and dashed away from the confused ogre.
"George, return to the Reikai and tell Botan to meet me at the Kuwabara's residence!"
Koenma could only hope that Shizuru and Kazuma were still with Yukina, where ever she may be.

***

"Botan! Botan, where are you?!" George yelled as he dashed through Koenma's Palace.
'Why is she always so hard to track down!' He shouted in his mind.
"Botan it's important! Koenma-sama needs your help!"
"Oh quiet down you silly ogre!" Botan said, annoyed, as she walked out.
"Botan! It's about time!"
"What is it already! I was in the middle of a good dream!" She whined.
"Your to meet Koenma-sama at the Kuwabara's. He thinks they are all in danger."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, we went for Genkai and she was gone. He muttered something about them knowing and dashed away."
"Why didn't you say so sooner!" Botan shouted.
She reached her hand out and her oar appeared. She jumped on and flew off.
"What's with everyone..." George mumbled.

###########################
Kuroi: Sorry if you think George is being a complete idiot.
Hiei: When isn't he.
Kuroi: He was basically there for comic relief.
Yoko: I thought that was you.
Kuroi: *dully* Ha ha. Your so funny.
Hiei: Enough children.
Yoko: *scoops up Hiei*
Hiei: *sweat drops*
Kuroi: *grumbles* Where did Kura-chan go...