Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ It Will Grow ❯ It Will Grow ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

--Kurama's POV--

I look to the sky to find the sun has nearly set, and the moon has nearly risen. The sun gives warmth, and the moon sooths. What is it that makes this time so much better than night and day?

To gaze at the trees, finding that the leaves have nearly all fallen, but some are still there, holding on despite the inevitable. Why can't I sympathize?

A feeling pulses through me, somehow convincing me not to care about one or the other. To finally place it to words, and understanding that is better to having saved them.

As the dim light and blowing leaves fill the air, I know who I am.

To finally word it perfectly… My mind and soul combine and agree, even if for just one emotion out of countless.

It's warm, it's soothing. It's there… and it's over there also. With no limits or boundaries I feel like I could fly, but I remain still.

It isn't there forever; sooner or later it will fade. But as soon as I repeat those words, I'll always be reminded.

It's an image not seen, but described. It's to be without restrictions and choose to remain within the rules. It's warm, it's soothing, and as it fades it merely gets stronger. It has the potential to overwhelm, but it stays deep inside you.

I love him.

The leaves follow course of the wind, they will fly! But I remain still as long as I can, clinging to that beautiful moment between night and day.

I know, he doesn't.

It's warm, it's comforting. My love will remain within for as long as it can.

It's a beautiful thing when you can understand who you are, where you're going. I'm not ready to be swept away by the uncontrollable winds. I want to keep understanding just a bit longer.

I am whole even if he is not. So I may plant my seed and nurture him to grow.

It's like a flower, opened up to draw in warmth. It's like a soft blanket, only useful when what's around you is cold. It's soothing….

Even to just give up that small piece still makes you incomplete…. But in time it will grow.

So with one last deep breath of the fresh air, and one last glace at the ever darkening sky, I began walking.

--End--