Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just a Scratch ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's just a scratch! (Book Two of the Makai plants series)
 
Warnings and Disclaimer: I don't own YYH and don't make money from this.
 
Baka humans, not much else in the way of warnings… I'm not sure if I'll continue this. I just posted it cause I already had it typed out and I figured, “hey…why not?”
 
(Shuichi's thoughts)
 
[Yoko's thoughts]
 
“spoken words”
 
(It's just a stupid little scratch. Why is it bothering me so much?)
 
Shuichi Minamino, also known as Kurama, looked down at the scabbed-over wound on his arm. It stretched from his wrist to his elbow in a thin line.
 
(I've had my stomach sliced completely open several times - a much worse wound than this one. So why is it bothering me?)
 
[Listen to what your body is saying, idiot.]
 
Shuichi ignored the sarcastic voice of his demon form and pulled his sleeve down to cover the cut. He didn't want to worry his mother if she saw it.
 
He'd received the cut in his last confrontation with a low level demon. He had been able to kill it within a minute, but it had sliced his arm open with its fingernails before that. He gasped when he felt a deep throbbing from it at the thought.
 
(I'm such a wuss.)
 
[Don't be stupid! Let me out!] His yoko form screamed.
 
Kurama grasped his head as his demon form tried to come out. His red hair flickered to silver and his green eyes flickered gold, but he was able to stop it with a surge of energy. He fell to his knees, exhausted from even that small effort.
 
(Wait until I reach Genkai's temple. I don't want mother to know what I really am.)
 
[It could be too late by that time!]
 
(Just wait!)
 
Shuichi opened the window in his room and jumped, landing lightly in the flowerbed below. He took off at an all-out run towards Genkai's temple. His breathing was harsh and erratic and his eyes looked dull and heavy. He sighed and dropped to the ground, unconscious, about a mile from the temple. His hair lengthened and turned a beautiful silver and his eyes opened. The narrow, golden eyes surveyed the area carefully. Yoko Kurama stood up slowly.
 
[Good thing he was too tired to keep me in any longer.]
 
He looked at the angry looking wound on his arm and scowled. He scratched it open with a fingernail and smelled the blood on his finger.
 
[Shuichi would have died in no time if I hadn't come out! And he would have taken me with him! Stupid human!]
 
He took a step and almost fell. He felt so weak. He stumbled carefully towards Genkai's temple.
 
[Maybe she has something that could help. Probably not. I can't believe I'm gonna die because of the stupid, pig-headed human I share a soul with!]
 
He smiled slightly when he reached Genkai's temple and saw his * cough * Kurama's * cough * friends. Then he collapsed.
 
“Kurama!”
 
Owari?
 
Author's Note: I have a little bit of an idea about how I would continue this, but I'm not sure I will. Tell me if you think I should! I'm sorry it's so short!