Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just a Scratch ❯ Green Makai ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho, so don't sue me. Besides, I'm going to law school now. I can sue myself if I do something stupid.
 
Warnings: Some language, sarcasm, not much else
 
(Shuichi's thoughts)
 
[Yoko's thoughts]
 
“spoken words”
 
Green Makai
 
In Kurama's head, while he's unconscious…
 
(What's that sound?)
 
[Your friends.]
 
(What's going on?)
 
[They're trying to save your life.]
 
(…my life? What happened to me?)
 
[Remember that “stupid little scratch?”]
 
(…yeah…)
 
[IT ALMOST KILLED YOU, YOU IDIOT!!!!!! BUT WORSE THAN THAT, IT ALMOST KILLED ME!!!!!!]
 
(… … I really wish you wouldn't think so loud. I think my ears are ringing.)
 
[… *sigh* … stupid, sarcastic human.]
 
With that thought by his demon personality, the human known as Shuichi Minamino woke up.
 
He blinked innocently at the surprised look on Hiei's face when he said, “I'm hungry.”
 
Hiei scowled menacingly while Kurama A.K.A. Shuichi Minamino sat up, smiling apologetically and rubbing the back of his head. “Hn,” was Hiei's answer to Kurama's queries on what had happened while he was unconscious. Kurama just smiled and let Hiei be himself, knowing that the fire demon had been worried but would feel uncomfortable admitting it.
 
After a few minutes of gentle questions, Hiei growled and yelled, “you almost died and you're acting like nothing happened?! You idiot!” Then the little koorime stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him, leaving a surprised and bewildered Kurama behind him.
 
[Why don't you ever tell him to keep it down?]
 
Kurama didn't say anything. He just growled.
 
With the other Spirit Detectives…
 
Kuwabara, Yukina, Yusuke, and Genkai looked up when Hiei slammed the door. Hiei almost apologized, but then caught himself, grounding out, “he's awake. And he's as annoying as ever.” Then he sat in a corner and started polishing his sword, scowling all the while.
 
The others ignored his behavior, smiling when they heard that their friend was all right.
 
“He woke up? That's good.” Yukina said sweetly. Kuwabara nodded in agreement.
 
Yusuke spoke up next. “I was wondering if he would ever get up. It's been a week. I was wondering if we would have to bring him to a hospital or something.”
 
“That wouldn't have been a good idea, idiot. He's a demon and we can't afford to let others know. And it wouldn't have helped anyway; the only antidote to the green makai plant is the red makai plant. We're lucky Hiei knew where to find some in demon world. Otherwise…” Genkai let her sentence trail off.
 
“Otherwise the idiot would have died.” Hiei bit out.
 
Kurama, who was listening to this conversation from the other side of his door, jumped slightly when he heard Hiei's voice so close. He turned around and sat down on his bed. “Is that how it is? Hiei is the one who saved me? I'm not really surprised, considering what was involved, but…” Kurama smiled. “I should really go apologize. And thank him for helping me. But how can I do that without letting him know that I know?”
 
TBC…
 
Author's Notes: I continued this and “Purple Makai” because I got reviews, so if you want me to continue, please keep reviewing! I really appreciate it! I don't know where I'm going with this, so please give me suggestions if you feel like it. And should I make it shounen ai? It turned out so sappy sounding that it seems like I might as well.