Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just Another Kurama Story ❯ Seeing is believing ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
I took a couple of steps towards the Atsuko's. It's been years since I last saw this place. Yusuke and I used to plays cops and robbers with Keiko. Yusuke and I were the robbers Keiko the cop. Now he's not here. It's weird, I haven't seen the guy for years and yet my heart feels like someone's squeezing it until it bursts. I close my eyes trying to find out if it was all a dream. To think Yusuke would save that little boy's life in exchange for his own. I opened and my eyes and couldn't believe what I saw.

"Oh crap....oh crap this can't be happening." There in front of me is my cousin my supposedly dead cousin. What the hell is going on I just saw him get by the car. 'Oh shit...oh shit.' "Wh-why why I just I saw you"

Yusuke blinked, "You can see me?" That's it I'm going insane. This was Yusuke, jet black hair, chocolate brown eyes. Sure he's all grown now but that's definitely him.

"O-Of course I see you," I managed to say still in shock.

"Hey Botan I thought you said no one could see me?"

"That's what I thought," A girl wearing a pink kimono riding on an oar appeared behind Botan. Her hair was light blue and her eyes matched her kimono.

"Who are you why are you floating? Better yet," I focused my attention back at Yusuke. "Why are you here?"

Botan floated next to me, "You see Keena-san Yusuke here is a ghost."

"A ghost," I repeated disbelievingly. "And who are you supposed to be the grim reaper?"

"Why yes how did you find out?" Botan smiled as if it was nothing weird was happening.

I shook my head was the girl for real. I stepped towards Yusuke and placed my hand several inches from his face. "If you are a ghost then my hand will past your body right?"

Yusuke smirked he ran past me more like through me, "Baka do you believe us now?"

I stood there shocked, confused, and scared. This can't...it's impossible. I turned around and faced Yusuke and Botan. "You're dead," Yusuke nodded. I pointed at Botan, "You're the grim reaper?" Botan shook her head.

Botan clasped her hands together, "Your cousin is taking it better then you Yusuke."

Yusuke scowled, "Shut up! Anyways why are you here I thought you were in America?"

"I am- I mean I was but I moved back here I-" A few neighbors went out of their houses wanting to know what was the commotion outside. They were all looking at me as if I had grown in extra head. "What! Haven't you ever seen a girl talk to her cousin before!?" They shook their head as if I was some sad poor girl and went back inside their houses. "Anyways....I came back here to Japan because I decided I wanted to live here. How about you why……why are you here?"

Botan smiled, "Oh he won't be like that for long. We're giving him a great offer. Do you want to know?"
 
"An offer huh, what offer?"

"You see Keena-san usually when a human dies I take their spirits to the Reikai (Spirit World). I'm a transporter of sorts. Your cousin here did something that no one expected. You'd think a violent, loud, brash-"

"Don't forget stupid." I quipped.
".You two are annoying you know that?"

Botan ignored him and started to explain again, "Well no one expected him to save the little boy's life so we proposed for him take a test unfortunately he the test didn't run so smoothly." I looked down sadly. "Oh wait there's more. We gave him another reason because well let's just say he did something good."

I grinned, so there really was hope after all. "What does he need to do?"

Botan smiled widely doesn't she get ever tired of smiling. "Oh you'll see......"
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yusuke or Botan or any other characters from Yu Yu Hakusho