Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Keela's Story ❯ DDR and Old Friends ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

W: Finally my headache is gone!!!
 
T: Yeah, after you used three bottles of Advil
 
W: Who asked you?
 
T: I did
 
W: Really? How can you ask yourself? Maybe you can? * starts to mumble to herself*
 
T: Oh God. She is going to be at this for a little while. I don't want to say the disclaimers so I am going to make Hiei and Kurama do it for me *snaps whip and the boys appear* Say it
 
Kurama: Wolf doesn't own Yu Yu Hakusho
 
Hiei: But she does own Keela, Ari, and Kiera
 
Both: Please read and review
 
###########################################
Keiko walked back to join the group five minutes later with a panting Yusuke following her. “Damn Keiko you sure walk fast!” Yusuke said once he caught his breath. Keiko `Hmph'ed and turned her head away from him.
 
“Hey Keiko, This is my friend Ari.” Keela said to break the tension in the group. Keiko smiled and shook Ari's hand. “What do you guy want to do now? It's only three o'clock.” Keela said looking at the clock tower not to far away from where they were standing.
 
“Want to go eat?” Kuwabara suggested.
 
Everyone stared at him until Kurama said, “That's not a bad idea since we didn't eat lunch.” Everyone except Keela and Ari nodded and the group walked to a restaurant that was nearby. Everyone sat down and decided on what they were going to eat. Everyone took their orders except for Ari and Keela. Keela told the waiter that Ari would like an American burger but ordered a soda for herself.
 
When the waiter disappeared Keiko looked over at Keela and asked, “Why you order anything Keela? You didn't even eat breakfast.”
 
Ari was looking at her dark blue nail polish she always wore and simply answered, “She only eats one meal a day.”
 
Everyone except Ari stared at Keela strangely and when Ari realized what she said she gave an apologetic look to Keela who in turn was glaring at her coldly.
 
“Why do you only eat one meal a day Keela? That is not very health.” Kurama stated.
 
Still glairing at Ari Keela replied, “My parents are very busy people so they only had enough time to make one meal for me a day so I got used to it. Now they have more time to cook meals but usually if I eat more than one full meal I will unfortunately get sick.”
 
Everyone nodded at this explanation even though it was a well though out partial lie. Keela's demon parents were well known thieves and when they had a daughter they abandoned her in the forest. Keela was a smart infant but was only able to catch one thing a day. As she grew up like that her stomach wasn't able to hold anything other than one meal a day even when she became a great thief and also when she escaped to Ningenkai even though her ningen parents tried to get her to eat more.
 
Keela kept glaring hard at Ari while the white wolf in disguise ate her lunch. Keela hated it when people made her think of the past. Later the group split up. Kurama had to go home and help his mother clean the house, Keiko was dragging poor Yusuke to the mall to go shopping, Kuwabara had to go home and check on his cat, Hiei didn't say where he was going but just disappeared which annoyed Ari with is rudeness, and Keela wanted to teach Ari how to play DDR at the arcade they were at earlier.
 
Once Keela and Ari entered the arcade they noticed there was another crowd at one of the many DDR machines. Keela was walking past it what the players finished and one turned around noticing Keela. She shouted, “Well if it isn't little miss `I'm-to-good-at-this-for-you'. I challenge you to a rematch!” Keela turned and recognized Barbara instantly. She was just about to decline saying that she had to teach Ari when Barbara shouted to the crowd, “Well I think she is a little to scare to challenge me! I win by default!” The crowd cheered but was hushed instantly when Keela disappeared and reappeared next to Barbara on the machine.
 
Keela's eyes were glowing a deep purple when she looked back a Ari who was smirking sending Keela a message with her facial features saying, `Kick this stupid blonde girl's ass to the moon and back!'
 
Keela nodded getting the message and said in a cold voice to Barbara saying, “Want to get this thing started so I can kick your ass and do thing that are a better use of my time.” At first Barbara shuddered at the voice before her whole head steamed and turned red with fury. Barbara picked the first two songs. The first one was Hysteria with both players on heavy. They both got double A's like last time. Keela yawned in the middle of the song which put Barbara in a furious rage that fueled her for the next song. Barbara chose Dropout. Barbara studied the monitor very hard and got an A while yet again Keela got a double A. Keela smirked because she got to choose the next song. She picked another hard song she happened to be good at. As she chose it she held down the x button and changed the speed to 2.0 making the song faster for her. She pressed exit and both dancers took of as the speakers began to play “End of the Century”.
 
When the song was over Barbara was panting slightly while Keela was breathing fine. Keela stood with a stubborn glare at the machine as it loaded the scores. Barbara stared at the monitor on Keela's side and laughed when it showed a B. Keela waited for her to quit laughing before she smirked at Barbara. Barbara looked confused and shouted, “Why the freak are you smirking?”
 
Ari hopped onto the machine and stood next to Keela, “Look at the monitor baka.” Ari stated calmly with a smirk that matched her partner's. Barbara looked at the monitor on her side and her mouth dropped.
 
She had gotten a D.
 
The crowd erupted in laughter but stopped abruptly when Barbara shouted, “YOU!!! You cheated!! I don't know how but you cheated you bitch!!!”
 
“Do not say that she cheated because she shoved your face into the dirt again you fool.” Ari said coming to Keela's defense.
 
“No one was talking to you, you freaking albino!” Barbara shouted taking about Ari's white hair and sapphire eyes.
 
“Don't insult my friend over your insecurities ass.” Keela said in a cold yet calm voice.
 
“I can do whatever I want you fucking reject!” Barbara shouted. Ari tried to lunge at Barbara but Keela held her back. Keela's eyes turned a deep crimson.
 
“That's right you bitch! You can't touch me! You wouldn't stand a chance!” Barbara shouted throwing her head back in laughter. Ari looked over at Keela and notice the very tips of her hair were turning white.
 
“Aw shit.” Ari whispered and took a few steps back as Kiera's hair had new white bangs and tips. No one in the crowd noticed this change.
 
When Barbara straightened her back when she was finished laughing the force of the punch that Keela threw at her sent her head back again. Ari stepped forward to grab Keela's arms to restrain her. Keela fought against Ari's grip and Ari understood instantly that this was no longer Keela.
 
This was Kiera.
 
Ari had to pull Kiera through the crowd and out into a deserted alley. Ari held Kiera up to the wall until she calmed down. Kiera stopped moving all together and stared at Ari with her blood gaze. Finally Kiera said, “Ari?” Ari nodded and let go of Kiera. “What am I doing here? And where is here?” Kiera's voice was cold and unemotional and the sound of familiarity brought a smile to Ari's face. This action went unnoticed to Kiera as she continued, “All I remember was appearing and feeling uncontainable rage towards that blonde in there.”
 
Ari took hold of Kiera's wrist and led her out of the alleyway and into a park nearby. They sat down in the shade of a cherry tree and Ari told the story that she had been told earlier that day.
 
When Ari was finished Kiera had a new blaze in her eyes. “Damn Kenji to Hell and back!!! When I get my claws on him I swear I'll…” Kiera stopped mid sentence and froze. Thirty seconds later she closed her eyes and when she opened them again they were light blue.
 
 
“Wha…What happened?” Kiera said rubbing her suddenly aching head. “And why are you smiling?”
 
“Oh, nothing. I just had a visit from an old friend.”
 
###########################################
 
W: *still mumbling to herself*
 
K: Does she do that often
 
T: * inspects nails (A/N: told you Ari was based on Thorn)* Yep but she isn't the worst in her family. *Three doors appear out of thin air*
 
T: *opens first door*
 
*Wolf's brother is seen doing math homework*
 
WB: seven times seven is forty-nine. The aliens created the Grand Canyon!!
 
K: odd
 
T: *closes door and opens the next one*
 
*Wolf's mom is seen in the kitchen humming a song to herself*
 
WM: Hum hum hum huuuuuum. Did I take out the trash? Hum hum hum huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum. Did I do the laundry? Hum hum hum huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum. Did I do the dishes? Huuuuuuuuuuuum
 
H: freaky
 
T: *closes door and opens the last door*
 
*Wolf's dad is seen working on his laptop*
 
WD: *click click click* Did I already do this paper? *click click click* Did Wolf wash the cats? *click click click* Did I wash the car?
 
H & K: DAMN!!!
 
T: * closes door and all doors disappear* Now you know
K: didn't need to see that
 
H: Me neither
 
T: Please read and review!