Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kitsune, Fly Away ❯ Truth Be Told ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitsune, Fly Away

by pyrofuse.

~

Pyro: Okay, yeah. As said in the summery, this may get a bit weird, but it's all his fault. *points to Chris*

Chris: *glares* Chee. You're the one who asked me for help.

Pyro: True, true. But anyway. Chris, would you do the honors of disclaiming?

Chris: Sure. Why not. Okay, Pyro does not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Trust me, you would know if she did. Ahh, if only half of you knew what really goes on in her mind...

Pyro: Shush. Now, begin! *throws arms up*

Chris: -.-; Ehh...

~

Prologue (kinda...)

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Kurama sat down in a chair.

The prince set down the papers he was looking over to glance at the red head, then turn his eyes back to his report. "Yes, I do. Tell me, Kurama, do you recognize this demon?" He unclippled a glossy photograph from the top paper and handed it across his desk to Kurama.

Kurama studies it. The photo featured a male with longish jet black hair, almond shaped fire red eyes, and a scar that marked from just to the right of his left temple to the corner of his eye to his cheek, crouching in a wooded area. Kurama had to admit, he was surprisingly beautiful. But what surprised the fox the most were the bluish black ears placed on top of the demons head, that could easily be identified as fox or cat ears. As Kurama followed the lines of the beautiful body, he knew he was a fox. A beautiful, fluffy tail that matched the fut on his ears branched from a hole in his all black attire, on his behind.

He looked oddly familiar.

"He looks like a Fey I used to know, who I once mated with. But he clearly is not her, for she has no --" Abruptly, Kurama cut off.

"This certain demon is known through out the Spirit world, almost as much as his father." Koenma reached over and snapped the picture from the stunned fox's hand.

"So, you're saying that... that black fox is my... my son?" Koenma nodded.

"You see, he contacted me the other day. He is the cause of a few problems over at the Spirit world, and he promises to stop it all if I would just help him find his father. Apparently, he really wants to meet the legendary Youko Kurama who gave him life." Kurama fell back in his chair, sighing heavily as Koenma continued. "I know this might all be coming down on you hard and fast, but I need you to meet his, if just once, so all the problems will stop and my father wont be so angry about it when he returns. Thank gods he's on vacation again, and there is a chance he might not know about this at all... Kurama, you go home and rest. Let this all sink in, come back to me in a few days, and I'll set up a day for him to come over to the human world to meet you."

Kurama nodded numbly and sat up. "Okay," he said, his voice softer then usual. "I will see you in a few days." He turned to leave, but was stopped by the princes voice.

"Remember, Kurama, you only have to meet him once. He's really a nice kid. You might like him." Kurama gave a small smile and left.

Koenma sat back. 'I hope he will be alright...'

~

Pyro: Dun dun dun! So, what do you think? After all, this is only the prologue... kinda...

Chris: I like it.

Pyro: Why, thank you.

Chris: So, if any of you nice readers out there like this, review and Pyro will give you a hug!

Pyro: Erm, yeah. You don't have to review if you don't want to... but I like getting peoples opinions on my stuff... don't worry, you'll meet Kurama's son, soon. ^_~

Chris: So, until next time!

Pyro: Erm... *pushed Chris away and waved to nice readers*