Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kurama and the Beast ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue

Once upon a time, in a faraway land called the Ningenkai, Prince Hiei lived and ruled in a shiny castle. Although he had everything his hearts desired, Hiei was considered a forbidden child, which in turn made him bitter, selfish and unkind, except around his half sister Yukina. But then one winter's night, an old beggar woman came to the castle and offered him a single rose in return for shelter form the bitter cold. Repulsed by her haggard appearance, Hiei sneered at the gift and turned the old woman away, but she warned him not to be fooled by appearances, for beauty is found within. And when Hiei dismissed her again, the old woman's ugliness melted away to reveal a beautiful enchantress with pink hair and honey brown eyes. Hiei tried to apologize, but it was to late, for she had seen there was no love in his icy heart, and as punishment, she transformed him into the hideous beast he really was, and placed a powerful spell upon the castle and all who lived there. Ashamed by his appearance and what he did to his loyal subjects, the Beast concealed himself inside his castle with a magic mirror as his only window to the outside world. The rose she had offered him was truly and enchanted rose, which would bloom till his twenty-fifth year. If he could learn to love another and earn their love in return by the time the last petal fell, then the spell would be broken and all would live happily ever after. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast forever. As the years past, he fell into despair, and lost all hope, for who could ever learn to love a Beast?

***

A black raven, a bluebird and white wolf all watched their Master lock himself into the west wing after eating his lunch.

"I wish there was some way to help him. He seems so lonely and…" Botan started to say as she shook her bright sapphire blue wings out before folding them against her body again.

"Yes well, we've tried, but the last person who was here went insane and killed himself and the Master doesn't even seem to be attracted to girls." Kuronue said before he flapped his charcoal black wings in agitation. "I'm going on patrol, see ya around."

Touya and Boton watched as the black raven took off for his patrol.

"I should be going also, there were some intruders on the north face last night. Need to check for damages. Ja ne Lady Botan." Touya announced before he stalked off.

"Men" Botan said under her breath as she flew off to do her work.

~*~*~*~*~*

Kitsune_Foxfire: Thanks for the wonderful reviews. I know the start of this chapter sounds A LOT like the start of the Disney movie. I am going off of the script to the movie, Changing things and Adding things. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I hope to get off of the script soon so I can make this mostly original. Thank you Urameshi's Girl, Kittengrl39 and the others, and Gomen for spelling Yaoi wrong, I was really tired last night and wasn't paying attention to the spelling.