Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Legal Human Practice ❯ No Heroics ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
No Heroics
calikocat
word count: 621
Hiei/Kuwabara

XXX

Hiei smiled as he wiped away the drool that had collected on Harry's chin. The child had been amusing himself by blowing saliva bubbles throughout the story. “And while your Otou-san's ploy was effective and gave Yusuke the push he needed to defeat Toguro, it could have also sent the detective into such a state that could would have doomed us all.” He gazed into Harry's deep green eyes. Sometimes, such as now, it seemed as if Harry could understand him perfectly, it was amazing. “So we agree. You will not shorten my lifespan with heroic attempts, or faking your death?” Harry's serious gaze vanished and was replaced with a smile. An impish smile. That did not bode well. Hiei sighed. “You're going to be a self-sacrificing fool aren't you?” He reached over to brush the wild dark hair away from the boy's forehead. Harry laughed and patted at his hand. “Then I am relieved that demon's do not suffer heart attacks.”

“It would probably help if you didn't give him ideas with those stories.” He felt Kazuma's warmth along his back, his large hands settled on his shoulders. Hiei looked up into the face above him.

“You don't approve?”

“Of stories in general?”

“Of the ones I tell him.”

“Not really. Think about it, we really don't want him pulling stupid stuff that could get him killed. Letting him grow up with stories of our exploits is just asking for trouble.”

Hiei shrugged. “He needs to know.”

Kazuma frowned at him. “Know what?”

“What kind of man you are.”

The smile he received was soft and Kazuma leaned further down to whisper against his lips. “And what kind of man am I?”

“A courageous fool with a golden heart. The only being in three realms who is allowed to hold mine in his hands.” He smirked and nipped gently at Kazuma's lips. “Well, now there are two.”

The redhead snorted and pulled back a bit. “If I didn't know you as well as I do...that would have sounded really weird. Holding your heart in my hands?”

“You're capable of guarding it.”

“Me and Harry?”

“Yes. Both of you.”

They both looked at the small boy, but Harry had fallen asleep. Kazuma knelt beside the chair Hiei sat in and they watched their son sleep in his toddler bed. “I got the papers.”

Hiei nodded. “Then we are the parents of Kuwabara Hari?”

“Yep, and I gave Takahashi another job.”

“Oh?” He looked down at Kazuma with a raised brow.

“In a few days you'll have your own papers.”

He pondered that for a moment. It wasn't something he has thought necessary before...before he'd brought Harry...Hari home. But Human laws were many and complex, having an identity would make things easier. “And my name?”

Dark serious eyes met his. “Kuwabara Hiei.”

“You would go so far as to accept me into your clan, officially?”

Kazuma shifted until he could lay his head comfortably in Hiei's lap. “Chibi, I've accepted you in every way. We can't get married, not according to my society. But making you part of the clan, what's left of it, is...It feels right. And we'll need every advantage we can get.”

“Does this have anything to do with your plans concerning the Wizards?”

“Yep.”

“Then I trust you to take care of it.”

He felt Kazuma sigh in relief as the younger male slipped his arms around his waist. “Thanks Hiei.”

Kuwabara Hari slept on, without a care in the world as his parents stood guard.

XXX