Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Les amies Noir ❯ Hope ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“And in this heart of darkness our hope lies on the floor
And love like fame is fleeting.
When there's no hope anymore”
 
Apocalyptica. Hope vl 2
----------------
Les amies noir Chapter 2
Kurama felt the hard pavement under his hands as his mind was gaining conscious again. He opened his eyes carefully. Water was falling on him, it was raining everywhere. He managed to get up on his fetes, feeling that he was hurting all over. He could remember falling but after that?
No nothing more after that.
(I'm trapped inside that book?)
He looked around and saw the big city with people running around, the air smelling filthy and car noises not far away. Felt too real to be a “pocket universe” or something alike. More like he hade been transported into another world.
 
He quickly started walking in the crowd that had been moving like a sea around him. Nobody had bothered to help him up, not even to stop and ask how he had been feeling. And no one seemed to have seen him….fall from the sky. Perhaps they simply didn't bother? Kurama looked around at the walking crowd, they all seemed distant in a way. Very, depressed was the right word to it. As if someone had placed a thin grey layer on everything he saw around him. He didn't see any children around him. Well it was dark and probably late after all. Looking up at the pitch black sky, no stars were seen.
Then he felt a hand on his shoulder, turned around and saw a man that looked four times his age. The old one smiled.
-“Young man what are you doing so vulnerable, people like you should be in these kind of nights” Kurama blinked at this statement.
-“They're hunting a night like this.”
Kurama backed away from the old man, he seemed like he was talking nonsense anyhow but he decided to keep the warning at the back of his head not neglecting that old age usually held experience. He saw the old man approach others and then disappear into the crowd sea.
 
Kurama decided to plan on a way to return home, staying here was not a good plan after all, getting home would be his highest priority before wondering exactly where he was.
He tried to use his youki to sense if there were any other demons here. But he didn't sense anything, as a matter of fact he didn't even sense his own energy.
Now he felt fear creeping up in the back of his mind. His energy was gone. Why?
´I don't know what you're trying but there are other rules here kine.´
Kurama felt a thought pierce his mind, it came from the top of the building he just walked pass. He stopped and let his eyes glide up the many levels up at a smaller, yet skyscraper like building. He could make out a silhouette on the roof. Perhaps a cape fluttering in the wind, it gave enough impression on him that he should be finding somewhere to stay and continue his search for a way home tomorrow.
 
He was lucky that he had his money with him and his pick pocket skills from the past came to be useful as he checked into a hotel room.
He laid down on the bed feeling unusually tired. He was just about to close his eyes when the same voice pierced his mind ´friends of the night´
His eyes went wide open as he sat strait up, quickly searching the small room with his eyes only to find out he was still alone. A slight feeling of paranoia came over him, but sleep was taking over and he let it do so.
 
When he woke up he saw the sun was starting to set outside his window. He sat up quickly looking shocked, had he slept so long. He looked at his clock. It was at showing 14.00 exactly. Was it getting dark so early? Kurama felt his posture sinking as he sat on the bed side. What was all this it had happened so quickly?
“I opened a book and all of a sudden I am in this city in a different world. My powers are not working but my senses have not degreased. And I am hearing a voice” Now when he had stated it all to himself in words, it appeared it became a more graspable reality. “To get home. What are my options?”
His mind went still. He tried to compare this situation with travelling between the Makai, Ningenkai and the Rekai.
“I fell down, would a way up be……?” he quickly tossed the idea away since possibility of flying was not available for him.
“A guide” An imagine of Botan appeared in his mind. Then he looked out at the city through his window. “I doubt I'd find a guide like that in this place”
The atmosphere was rather welcoming, but not in any kind way at all. It was rather welcoming to gambling, robbery, stress, office buildings, bars and strip clubs.
Kurama dragged the curtains over his window, he hade to go out and look for a way back, now he knew what he was searching for. (There is something abnormal in this city I know it. I just need to find a guide to these “abnormal” things)
 
After venturing the crowded streets as darkness started falling Kurama started to feel a slight hunger come over him. He looked over at the sun that was setting now, watching it set. Somehow he felt his hope slip away bit by bit with that sun set.
(Will I ever get home, I have found not a single clue and my powers are of) Darkness now fell and he decided to search in a different place trying to move out from the centre of the town.
 
He went into an ally to get away from the crowded street for ones, but there he only found a two drunks leaning against the opposite walls. Filth on the ground and against the walls, a rat quickly ran over his shoe, some noise was heard from one of the sleeping drunks. Kurama walked quickly across the ally to arrive at an almost empty, equally filthy street.
Another sound was heard from behind him and the cars seemed distant now.
As silent as cites can be he walked further from the stress, but everywhere he turned it seemed the same, he almost longed back to the stressful crowds. But here he didn't hear that voice in his head any longer.
 
-“I love how you do these things” A cheerful yet adult woman's voice was heard from behind him. He turned around to face a woman who looked to young for her voice, dressed in jeans and a top, swinging a small handbag back and forward holding onto the arm of a young man with sunglasses and messy light brow hair. Something about those two made a shiver come up Kuramas spine. Something felt not right, not natural. He quickly got gathered up.
(I might've found my guide)
He decided to trust his demon senses that he was capable of following them without being seen, even if his energy was out of function. So he let them pass pretending to walk the other way. When they were just out of sight he quickly yet silently started tracking them.
-----------------