Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Les amies Noir ❯ Les amies noir ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay one more I get to write the vampires again after all. But first a little word from the book Vampire the Masqurade concerning the clan Lasombra stereotypes.
 
“The clan Lasombra has fallen from grace - and it's members enjoy it. Simultaneously, gracefully and predatory, the Lasombra guide -and when necessary whip- the Sabbat into an impalpable force. Turning their backs on the humans they ones were, Lasombra give themselves wholly over to the dark majesty of the Embrace. Murder, frenzy, predation: Why fear these things, many Lasombras ask, if one is meant to be a vampire?”
 
--------------------------
 
 
Les amies noir chapter 10
 
Kurama heard his own steps echo as he walked into the halls of the Elysium, the council had gathered around the table, kindreds he didn't recognise. They had all become silent the moment he entered. He saw Mithras sit at the further end of the table, this time he felt much smaller then the last time he had seen him.
He bowed slightly to instruct the prince that he found him superior, in politics at least.
-“I will have your time later.” Mithras said quickly.
-“Who is he?” A man dressed in a white suit with a long brown braided hair commented in a highly mocking tone. “He's a Lasombra” he said before Mithras was able to speak up.
Kurama could hear whispers being exchanged around the table.
-“Silence Agustin. He is a reliable contact.”
-“Clan Tremere will not approve of this, I Didiér Agustin have never seen a Lasombra enter Elysium as if it was his own haven!” Agustin stood up pointing a finger at Kurama across the room.
-“Sit down Agustin” Mithras tone had hardened and Agustin sat down but with a clear disliking to his face.
-“But who is he then?” A beautiful woman with brown wavy hair said.
-“Dimitrir von Abentros“
-“´Von Abentros´ I've heard that somewhere before.” The woman added with a thinking face expression.
-“At any rate, Dimitrir does stand under the Camarillas protection here.”
-´Diablerie means punishment. I do not know why the prince is sparing you but I won't be as easy as him Mr Shadow.´
Agustins thought entered his mind. Then Mithras turned to the woman.
-“Miriam of clan Toreador, will you please speak up about the matter you so urgently called the council here for?”
-“Vykos.” Silence covered the council table ones more. “Sasha Vykos, THAT Vykos.” Miriams tone showing fear. Mithras spoke up again.
-“Dimitrir we speak later.” Kurama turned around and left the council room. He did understand Agustins train of thoughts, why was the prince sparing him?
-“I'm agreeing with Dide, but he's taking it to seriously.” Yina was standing in the hall outside the council room leaning against the wall as if she had been waiting for him.
-“You call him ´Dide´”
-“Well I do not like him either, as a matter of fact there are few kinderd who actually likes someone else.” Kurama tried to think of someone that he liked, but found out he didn't like anyone, as a matter of fact he hated everyone in each own unique way. The one who came closest was Wolfgang but he still was not close to something that could be called “liking”.
-“Lone intelligent predators we are.” Yina said this as a simple fact. “Wolfgang keeps you because he needs an apprentice since he has enough enemies that want to stake his heart. That is what I heard from my sire anyhow.” Kurama remained silent.
-“You know Little demon don't you?” Kurama understood at ones who she meant.
-“And you plan to?”
-“I plan nothing Dimitrir.” She smirked yet she didn't give the impression she was lying.
-“Have you grown tired of Mithras?”
-“As I said, there are very few kindred who actually likes someone else.” More silence.
-“Who is Sasha Vykos?”
-“It's rather a ´what is Sasha Vykos´“ More silence waiting for a more detailed explanation. “Vykos is an old Tzimisce. It used to be called Myca Vykos and it's a high….thing in the Sabbat.”
-“The Tzimisce are cunning in the matter of flesh and bone correct?”
-“To cunning. It's appearance is far from human.”
-“……………”
-“Speaking of the matter, how about you? You seem to have…..evolved somewhat.”
-“I'd rather not speak of such matters.”
-“They'll send you out after Vykos, to prove your loyalty towards the Camarilla. Dide will suggest it and the council will agree.” More silence. “There is no way you'll survive Vykos is far above you.” Kurama started walking down the corridor. Yina followed after. “Let's make a deal Dimitrir, I'll guide you to Little demon and the others and you'll never set your foot in this place again. You have nothing to loose I know you want to ´go home´”
He remembered Yusuke scared face expression, his visions of his friends during his frenzy for blood `There is no cure´ echoed in his again.
-“Then I'll guide Little demon and the others to you, they want to see you after all.”
-“No you can't!” Kurama turns around quickly facing her. His tone seemed almost desperate.
-“Why not all of a sudden? Didn't you so desperately want to go home?” At that Kurama seemed neutrally calm again and walked out of the hall outside to the street. Ones outside he noticed how rain had started to fall more violently pouring down. He heard Yina come after him and close the door behind them.
-“Well Dide hates you and Vykos will most surely make sure that you suffer, don't accept the offer alright.”
-“Why should I trust you know that you hate me equally as Agustin?”
-“…….Because you're important to Little demon, and Little demon wants to see you really badly.”
-“But I can't- Yina hushed him quickly.
-“You felt that?”
-´Most certainly I did´
-“It's such a shame I can't speak telepathy”
-´No more of that, what was it?´
-“A ghoul nothing to worry over but if I understand your situation right it is probably a servant to Dide……..You go back to the Elysium, Mithras will want to talk with you, but……don't accept anything, for Little demons sake.”
-“And you?”
-“I'm going to see Little demon, and then later you can tell them yourselves that you're given yourself over………”
-“……….”
-“That's not an insult I am no better.” In the next moment she was gone and Kurama walked back into the Elysium, he met the council members on the way. Silently walked pass them.
-´This won't last long Mr Shadow.´ He ignored Agustins threat and walked back into the council room where Mithras still sat.
 
-“Ah Dimitrir welcome back” He motioned a hand towards one of the chairs. Kurama sat down. “Agustin behaved badly towards you however he does strike a point do you not agree with me.“
-“…………”
-“You diableriezed your own sire.”
-“…………..”
-“I understand you must have your reasons however it is a crime, and you should be punished for it. Look up where Vykos is hiding, it is a suitable task to prove yourself to the Camarilla ones more by searching out the Sabbat hiding.”
Kurama remembered clearly what Yina had told him, but where to put his trust was impossible decide, many things spoke for and against trusting the prince, and many things spoke for and against trusting Yina. The only thing he could truly know was that Didier hated him.
-“I will consult with Wolfgang first.” Kurama said after a short moment of thinking.
He saw Mithras face harden slightly.
-“I see where your loyalty lies in the first place.”
-“It most certainly doesn't lie with the Sabbat.”
-“And then you say that you blindly trust Wolfgangs words? Tell me Dimitrir, what has he done to you to make to refuse a favor that will only do you good? As I said you stand under the Camarillas divine protection, I would never let harm come to you.”
-“No matter the circumstances I shall consult with him first, if the offer does not suit my wishes I will do as I wish doing and I am grateful for your protection.”
 
---
 
Later returning to Wolfgangs house he found his teacher where he left him the beginning of this night.
-“Are you with the Camarilla?”
-“No” He answered calmly. ”I am independent” He flipped a page in his book and turned of his gramophone.
-“Then why are you so concerned that I should have a clean slate with the prince?”
-“For you are not strong enough to hold your own yet, when you become more powerful I am certain you will choose the same path as me.”
-“Why are you so certain?”
-“For your personality is that way.” His voice seemed much more focus on the book then answer Kuramas question.
-“What are all these books about?” Kurama asked.
Now Wolfgang seemed more interested and closed his book.
-“Darkness, my apprentice, living darkness.”
------------------------
 
Chapter finished, who is Kurama to trust, can he trust anyone? Can he even trust himself any longer?