Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Les amies Noir ❯ Entering from the shadows ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I'm not afraid of tomorrow.
I'm only scared of myself.
Feels like my insides are on fire.
And I'm looking through the eyes of someone else”
SR-71 - Tomorow
 
-----------------------
 
Les amies noir chapter 9
 
 
Yusuke saw that Kuwabara was tired and Botan as well, he himself didn't have any problem staying up several days, he hade done worse things during Genkais training. At least they all got to sit down now. All they waited for was Hiei.
 
Hiei watched them from the moving crowd, they were sitting down at the same café the last time he saw them. He still wasn't sure if he was going to tell them the truth. As a matter of fact he wasn't sure he wanted to reveal himself to them.
If he did Yusuke might look through him understand that he wasn't saying the truth. What he really wanted to do was to go after Kurama, but he only hade evidence of his existence but not a single trace of where he were. All he could do was to wait for Yina to return and he cursed himself for not following her when she disappeared, she was the only clue he had found so far. Yet he told himself that he couldn't have them on a standing still point, Yusuke wanted to continue looking so he should at least reveal himself to them.
 
Yusukes face shined up when he saw the short fire demon enter the café, he hadn't seen him since last night after all.
-“Found anything Hiei?” Botan was the first to ask. Hiei shook his head.
-“Nothing.”
-“But that girl you were chasing?” Botan commented.
-“Lost track on her.”
-“But why?” Botan continued to question him and it was exactly that that he didn't want to happen.
Hiei remained silent at this.
-“You weren't chasing that girl for entertainment right?” Kuwabara said with a mistrusting tone.
-“Idiot.” Hiei simply commented. Kuwabara was getting angrier.
-“Now now let's all calm down, we are not here to argue, that is the last we should do.” Botan did her best to take control over the situation.
-“I'm going to look now” Yusuke stood up to everyone's surprise since Yusuke had actually managed to be silent until now.
Everyone stopped whatever they were doing to look at Yusuke, their subconsciously choice of leader.
-“You are all to tired to look anyway. You guys get to a hotel and find yourself some sleep I'll be back tomorrow.” Before anyone had a time to protest Yusuke left the café. In that moment Hiei realised what could occur if Yusuke, alone walked into the situation, this time he felt serious, as if he wouldn't stop until he had found Kurama.
Hiei quickly ran after him.
-“Yusuke.”
He turned around.
-“Yeah?”
Rain silently started to fall from the sky above them. Yusuke hair gel had since long been washed out by previous rain and his expression seemed rather depressed at the moment.
-“Do you know what exist in this city?”
Yusuke shook his head. Hiei didn't find his obliviousness surprising.
-“Vampires Yusuke.”
Yusuke almost fell over, his reaction to this was rather comical.
-“Now you're joking me Hiei, there are no such things as vampires.” He said in an amused tone to shake it of him, but when he saw Hieis serious face expression and knowing his character, he realised this was no joke.
-“Really Hiei. Vampires?”
Hiei nodded slowly.
-“Is Kurama……..”
Yusuke found his own voice slightly fading at the thought, but the thought itself was inevitable.
-“Don't know” Hiei said quickly, and he saw Yusukes face expression looking more relived.
(After all I haven't seen it with my own eyes.)
-“I know you'll hate this suggestion Hiei but you have to watch over Botan and Kuwabara while I'm gone, if anything happens to them I……”
-“And what about yourself? You expect to go out there knightly, save the fair princess and everything will be over as long as no one else behind you gets hurt.”
Yusuke laughed, Hiei was struck with confusion.
-“Are you saying Kurama is that fair princess?!” he was still laughing.
Hieis expression showed anger at Yusukes misunderstanding to his explanation.
-“Just. Don't get killed will you, and don't let Kurama get killed either. I won't forgive anyone of you if one of you end up dead.”
-“No problem Hiei, you'll come to watch the finale?”
-“Maybe, if there is one.” Hiei said rather mockingly while walking back towards the café.
 
Botan looked troubled and so did Kuwabara.
-“I want to go searching to.” Botan said while yawning “I don't care if I'm tired.”
-“You two go to sleep wherever you'll want to. Just make sure you actually sleep”
Both Kuwabara and Botan were surprised but Hieis comment that actually seemed to hold concern.
-“….Yusuke said so.” Botan smiled to that comment.
-“I guess we'd better do what he says for now Kuwa-chan.” She got up from her chair and in the next minute the trio left the café to look up somewhere they could rest.
 
Yusuke ran down the same street he searched last night. Hiei had found a trace and left him as many clues as Hiei would. He had to take this chance.
He decided to search the empty streets now instead of the crowded ones. Most surely there was a higher chance that Kurama was somewhere in that crowd, but it was also a much bigger chance that he missed him while walking there. And the crowd hadn't given him any result so far. After walking a while he saw something quickly move away into an ally, it seemed escaping. Yusukes instincts told him that he should follow and at ones did so. He ran around the corner but saw the shadow just vanish again. (Damn!) He didn't hesitate to follow. Around one more corner and then he stumbled over something. He looked down to see what was in his way. It was a corpse. Yusuke quickly shivered as Hieis “vampires” returned to him.
-(They're here, they're close) slight panic rising when Yusuke remembered his powers weren't working here.
-“Yusuke” Kuramas voice, Yusuke recognised that voice, and that he heard it made a feeling of relief and calming come over him, it felt slightly weaker then he remembered it but he was just overjoyed that he had finally found him. Good that he found him before the vampire returned.
He turned around but saw something he didn't expect to see.
A black mane of hair around a face that looked rather sick and worn out at the moment, eyes black as endless wells reflecting something but what it reflected was impossible to place with words. A full black attire with metal accessories that to Yusukes first impression said “goth”.
-“Kurama!” Before really thinking anything Yusuke ran up to his lost friend and hugged him tightly. “We finally found you Kurama! We were so worried, I was worried! What if something happened to you!” Yusuke found his own voice in a despaired tone finally letting everything break out.
 
-----
 
Kurama was in a shock, he didn't expect this to happen, at first he was sure he saw wrong. That it was impossible that one of his dearest friends were here. Had followed him here.
-“This….this is real.” He said, voice even more distant then before.
-“But of course it's real you stupid fox we've been looking for you for days!!” He had to push Yusuke away when he wasn't letting go of him. Letting his hands slip over Yusukes.
 
-“Kurama, you're hands are so cold” Yusuke said with a now more worried then desperate tone. “You're not sick are you!? You're having a fever right?! Now I se why you look so….” Yusukes voice was trailing of. “…..pale. You look pale Kurama.” A moment of silence fell over the scene. Yusuke was trying to deny the obvious evidences that was in front of him. Then his eyes fell on the corpse he hade stumbled over before and then everything made to much sense to him.
 
Kurama saw fear crawl over Yusukes face, but Yusuke wasn't used to handle fear like this, his fear usually resolved with that he found anger to fight with, but here there was no anger. Here there were just fear, Kurama was relived that he couldn't trace the veins of blood in his friends skin, but it was still to dangerous for him to remain here.
-“Yusuke.” Yusukes eyes fell on his and Kurama recognised Yusukes reaction with his own when he saw Wolfgang the first time. “Run.”
 
Before Yusuke knew it he hade started running, running back the streets he'd come, not questioning why he was running, but something in him told him that he was running for his life. When he reached the crowded streets again he finally stopped the first thing he asked himself was. (Why did I run?) It didn't take long for him to realise that Kurama must've done something to make him run, and that only made the memory worse. His mind wanted to run back and quickly find his lost friend, but his body refused, he was afraid. Those black eyes, that pale skin, was that really Kurama? And if it was, his face expression looked so hopeless, as if he had given everything up.
 
Yusuke had excepted to be awake the entire night searching, but this had shaken him up to much he had to find where the others were and……and then what? Yusuke looked up at the black yet grey night sky, the forever grey sky to a forever grey city, of course the souls of the inhabitants were grey to.
Then Yusuke came to a conclusion.
Whatever Kurama had gone through and whatever he had become, he was most surely suffering and wanted help and denying a friend help would be a horrible thing to do.
With that thought in his mind Yusuke went to look up his other friends, and then they were going to rescue him. Together.
 
------------------------
 
Yusuke found him but things are par from perfect we see. Maybe I should try to raise the “horror” feeling somehow..