Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Living a Dream ❯ Annoyed ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I still don't own Yu Yu Hakusho (though I wish I did) or the characters so don't bother suing me.

Kaiyo: Hey all, I just wanted to say sorry for the rather long wait for this chapter.

Yusuke: Hey, tell them your grandpa died, that's what took so long.

K: I am not going to lie to my readers!

Y: Why not, they must stupid enough to buy it. They are reading this junk after all.

K: Why you….. Excuse me while I go brutally murder Yusuke…. *Chases after Yusuke*

Tori walked around the castle, keeping a good enough distance from the forest. The sky had turned blood red from the sun setting. Tori kicked some rocks around as she walked, her head hanging. "Man, this is boring…" said Tori. "Well it's not supposed to be a fun vacation, this is serious." said Yusuke from behind you. "You still following me?" Tori slowed down, allowing Yusuke to catch up. "I have a question." said Tori not looking up. "Hm?" "What language are you speaking right now?" Yusuke looked at her. "I'm speaking Japanese. Aren't you?" "No, I'm speaking English, and to me it sounds like so are you. Why would that be?" "Probably because of Yulai, she's native to Japan, so she can understand us." Tori thought about this for a while before asking another question, "So how come you understand me?" "You know what, don't worry about it. After being here for a while, breaking the language barrier isn't really shocking," "Hm, I don't plan on being here for that long…." muttered Tori. Yusuke looked at her and sighed, "I'm sorry for making you come here, but it's for your safety, as well as your friends." Tori didn't say anything but walked a little faster. Yusuke sighed/groaned and speed up as well. She walked up to the castle entrance and started opening the door, when Yusuke pushed it shut again. "Listen Tori, I know you don't like it here, and I don't blame you, but you'll have to get used to it. It would be dangerous to let you go back home, especially now that your powers have awakened." "God, does everything have to be about my stupid powers? I wish this Yulai chick would have chosen someone else, cause this stinks!" She pulled open the door with all her strength forcing Yusuke backwards. Tori ran inside and went to her room slamming the door shut.

Yusuke walked inside after Tori to find himself face to face with the other guys. "What'd ya do to her?" asked Kuwabara. "Nothing, she just got all emotional when she realized she won't be headin' home any time soon." said Yusuke pushing past him. "Well, you would think that this whole situation would be kind of hard for her. She was just pulled from her life to be told she has some other person inside her and that she can't go home for a while." said Kurama. "Hn, well perhaps if she wasn't such a weakling..." but Yusuke cut him off, "And you, jumping off the balcony right in front of her! You do know that she jumped after you did." Hiei cocked an eyebrow at this but that was all the emotion he showed. "I'm actually surprised she didn't break an ankle or something. So from now on, no using our powers just because we can, or we might have a real mess on our hands. Got it?" Yusuke glared at Hiei when he said this, but Hiei's only retort was, "Hn." "Well guys, I'm beat. See ya in the mornin." said Kuwabara, stifling a yawn. "Yes, I'm going to go to bed as well. Good night everyone." Kurama headed towards his room. Yusuke also went to bed but Hiei just stood there. After he heard the last door shut he walked outside and jumped up onto Tori's balcony. He could hear her muffled yelling. "Hn, seems she's taking this well." he mumbled. Just then the window swung open with a teary faced Tori standing there. "What the hell do you want!?" she yelled. But before she could do anything else he was gone. "Good riddance." she muttered slamming the window shut again. She sat down on her bed, calming herself. She sighed and hung her head. "Screaming won't help me out of this mess…" she mumbled. She glanced toward the window, thinking. "I wonder why Mr. Friendly decided to spy on me anyways…." she thought aloud. "Oh well, might as well get some sleep. I have a feeling I'll have an interesting day ahead of me." She changed into her pajamas and crawled into bed, not before checking to make sure she didn't have any unwelcome guests outside her door or window. She fell asleep almost instantly, dreaming of her home that she probably wouldn't see for a long time.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Tori's eyes opened slightly she looked at the alarm clock beside her bed; 7:42 a.m. She groaned and rolled over, starting to fall back asleep when: KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. She groaned louder and yelled, "It's too freakin' early! Wake me up in an hour." She didn't get an answer except for those three annoying knocks again. She got up and swung the door open. "What?!" she yelled. "Hn, The brat wants to see you….. Preferably dressed." Hiei added eyeing Tori's spaghetti string top and baggy pants. "Whatever." Tori muttered slamming the door in his face. But she got changed anyway into a pair of blue jeans and a red t-shirt. Tori slowly dragged her way to Koenma's office, dreading having to find out some other thing about her stupid powers. She opened the door and found the other four guys in there as well. "'bout time." muttered Kuwabara. Tori glared at him before turning her attention back to Koenma, who for some reason wasn't there. "Umm, I thought I was supposed to talk to Koenma." Tori asked looking around the office. "You are, and I'm right here." Tori heard his voice from behind a particularly large stack of papers. He pushed them aside and Tori gasped. "Koenma? You're a, a…." "A toddler?" "Umm, yeah. Why do you look like this?" "Because this is what he really looks like. He's just too embarrassed that he actually looks like a baby, so he makes himself look older." said Yusuke from behind Tori. Koenma glared at Yusuke and then looked back at Tori. "Yes, this is what I usually look like. But that isn't the point of why I called you all here. I have a mission for you." "Finally, besides picking up her it's gotten pretty boring around here." said Yusuke. "Will you let me finish?" asked Koenma, glaring at Yusuke again. "Anyways, I need you to recover an artifact that was stolen from The Vault*, it is extremely powerful as well as dangerous. And I want all of you to go." "Koenma, do you really think it's wise to send her on a mission this soon, we don't even know what she's capable of." asked Kurama. "Well, then I expect you all to make sure nothing happens." "Hn, I'm not going to be this idiot's babysitter." said Hiei. Tori glared at him. "And I don't need anyone to look after me. I can take care of myself." "Either way, she's going with you and I don't want to hear anymore about it. Now go." said Koenma pointing to the portal that appeared. "Umm, where are we going anyway?" asked Kuwabara. "You're going to the lair of the psychic demon, Jukai. He's the one who stole the artifact. Now go!" As the others jumped into the portal Tori lingered back not wanting to jump in. Yusuke grabbed her arm and pushed Tori into the portal before jumping in after her.

*The Vault: A storage area for extremely powerful magical items. Almost impossible to break into.