Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Living a Dream ❯ Connections ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of its characters.

"Hmm, I didn't expect you to find her so quickly…" said the teenager. "Yeah, well the town isn't exactly that big, and she sorta stuck out." Said Yusuke. "Wait a minute, what the heck is going on here?!" yelled Tori trying to back away from the others. "Oh come on now Yulai, don't tell me you don't remember me." Said the boy. Tori glared at him in frustration until she realized something. She did know him, "You're Koenma… " Tori muttered, "Th-this is impossible…" Koenma walked around his desk and stood in front of Tori. "Actually it's quite possible, though it only happens when a demon is very desperate." "D-demon? W-what's that?" "A demon is a race of beasts, I guess you could call it, which have certain powers. There are many different types of demons and it seems that you are a demon as well." "Whoa, me? A demon? I don't think so." "Actually it's quite possibly. You see a while ago there was a demon named Yulai who was almost killed when she tried to steal a rare gem. And it seems that to heal herself she decided to go into your body before you were born." "Wait, so she's the one that's been in my head?" "Yes, I'm actually surprised it took so long for her to surface in you subconscious. Usually it' a lot sooner." Said Koenma. "And unfortunately it seems you don't have any control over you powers, so you'll have to stay here to learn how to use them, as well as serve Yulai's sentence for thievery." "Wait a minute, one: I don't know what you're talking about with these powers I'm supposed to have because I haven't seen them, and two: I am not going to prison for something I didn't do!" Koenma was about to answer but Kurama held up his hand. He pulled out a single rose and suddenly it turned into a whip. Before she could ask any questions he whipped at Tori. She easily grabbed the whip and suddenly it lit on fire. Tori let go with a gasp, "What just happened?" "What just happened is the exact reason why you have to stay here, and don't worry you don't have to go to prison, you'll just have to help the Spirit Detective on his missions." "The Spirit Detective?" asked Tori. "Yep it sounds like you and me will be good buddies!" said Yusuke putting an arm around you." Tori shrugged off his arm and backed away from them. "Whoa, he's the Spirit Detective?" "Yeah, but I don't know why, I'm way more powerful than he is." Said Kuwabara. "Hn, the only thing you're more powerful than is a small child." Said Hiei. "Shut up, shorty!" yelled Kuwabara. "Boys, why don't you show Tori to her room while I contact her parents and tell them what's going on." Said Koenma, breaking up the fight. Tori was ushered out of the office by Yusuke, Kurama, and Kuwabara while Hiei followed at a distance. "I don't care what binkie face says, I am not staying here." Said Tori trying to plant her feet only to be pushed along by the three boys. "Sorry Tori, but I'm afraid you don't have a choice, for now. Maybe when you know how to use your powers a bit better Koenma might let you leave." Said Kurama. "Well here we are, your new home." said Yusuke, stopping in front of small room. It looked like a dorm room with only one dresser, a small desk, and a bed. "Our rooms are right down the hall, and don't try to leave the castle, because there are a bunch of demons living in the forest that aren't exactly friendly to people." Tori gulped slightly and walked inside her new room. She looked in the dresser and found all her clothes in there, and her desk held everything that her desk in her house had in it. "Weird." She muttered. She went to the window and found a small balcony outside it. "Well at least this is one plus." She said hoping down onto the balcony. She leaned against the railing and looked at the surrounding area, there was a huge forest as far as she could see and although it looked peaceful, something inside of her told her otherwise. She jumped back inside got her sketchbook from inside of her desk out and sat outside on the railing drawing out anime characters. It calmed her down slightly, but she still didn't like being here. After a while she heard someone enter her room. "Ah, there you are, c'mon, we're starting supper." Said Kurama looking out the window. Tori followed him into the kitchen to find Yusuke and Kuwabara stuff themselves full with food while Hiei watched with a cocked eyebrow. "Wow, I have just lost my appetite." said Tori, "I think I'll just have a sandwich." she said making herself a sandwich and heading back to her room. "God that was discussing…" Tori muttered sitting on the balcony. "Hn, you obviously never seen them eat before." Tori whipped around to see Hiei behind her. "Oh, it's you." She turned back around and continued eating her sandwich. "So do you know anything about this Yulai chick?" asked Tori glancing over at Hiei. At first he didn't answer and she was about to say never mind when he finally spoke up. "She was a fox-fire demon who paired up with another thief." "What happened?" "While stealing an extremely valuable jewel they set off an alarm, her partner abandoned her and made a run for it." "Well that's gotta suck…. Do you know who her partner was?" "Hn, no, just some fox demon." "Oh."

((Back with the others))

"Yusuke, I really wish you hadn't told her my name was Kurama. I'm surprised that she has figured out who I truly am yet." said Kurama. Yusuke stopped stuffing his face for a few minutes to answer. "Well, sorry, I'm just used to calling you Kurama, anyways; you should have said that you wanted to be called Shuichi before hand." "I would have thought it be self-evident that if the demon that was Yoko's partner resided in that girl, it would be best not to call me by that name." "Hmph, whatever." Yusuke continued stuffing himself. "Hey, where did shorty go?" asked Kuwabara through a mouthful of food. "Who knows, probably training again." said Yusuke. Kuwabara shrugged and continued eating. Kurama got up and left, seeming deep in thought.

((Back with Tori and Hiei))

"So may I ask why you such a friendly person?" asked Tori glancing over at Hiei. "Hn." was all he said. "Figures." Hiei hopped up on the ledge and jumped down to the ground. Tori gasped and looked over the railing to see Hiei walking away as if nothing had happened. "Show off…" She looked around to see if anyone else was around. "Well, if he can do it, why can't I?" she said climbing onto the railing. She stood up and looked down feeling slightly nauseous. "Here goes nothing." She said before stepping off the balcony. She free-falled for a few seconds before doing a flip and landing on her feet. "Whoa… Now that was cool." said Tori shakily standing up. She felt someone grab her shoulder and whip her around, on instinct she started to attack until he grabbed her arm. "Are you stupid?!" asked, well more like screamed, Yusuke. "You could have killed yourself!" "I knew what I was doing! And if Hiei could do it, why can't I?" "Just because one demon can do it, doesn't mean they all can, there are some powers that Hiei and Kurama have that you don't." Tori looked at him shocked. "You mean Hiei and Kurama are demons too?" Yusuke looked at her bewildered. "Are you telling me that you had no idea that those two were demons?" "No." "Well, they are, and I suggest next time you want to try to do something they can, you first might wanna talk to Koenma to make sure you have that ability." "Ya know, you aren't any fun." said Tori walking away. Yusuke sighed and followed her. "Better make sure she doesn't get into anymore trouble…"