Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Living Among Humans ❯ A Demon Too? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Living Among Humans

By: Ku-Chan

Hello, another chapter and no reviews, HEY WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!

Kurama: Sorry! I just think it is funny!

Hiei: Hn, They must not really like the story then.

Ku-Chan: Well I got some on Fanfiction.net thing!! SO HAH!

Hiei: * shrugs * Only 4.

Kurama: Let's try and encourage her Hiei. AT LEAST YOU GOT SOME ON ANOTHER THING!!

Ku-Chan: * Sweat drop * Thanks… Kurama.. But it is a bit to late. Oh well.!

Hiei: Hn.

Ku-Chan: Shut up Hiei.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Summary: What if Hiei had a real family? What if Yukina knew Hiei was her brother? What if they all went to the human world for a while?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Hiei laid on his bed staring up at the ceiling, he could hear his family on the other side on the door trying to figure out all these human contraptions. Hiei snorted, at least he ate with Shuuichi or he would be starving now. The young fire demon had a couple of bruises on him, probably from when his father let him have it. He knew he deserved it, but he also knew if the humans knew his father hit him like that they would come and take him away, humans just don't understand demons at all, if you go easy on the kid they'll run all over you, if you let them have it they learn to respect you. Or so Shakaku thought.

Hiei could not help but smirk, he only wished he could see what was going on in the other room.

" Father maybe we should go out and get food?" Yukina suggested. Shakaku stooped down and looked into the oven.

" I wonder what this thing does." He opened it up, Yukina and Hina peered inside along with Shakaku.

" Maybe you store things inside it?" Hina walked over to a counter with bags on it.

" I think next time we go to that human market we should have there money, stealing will not get us anywhere." Yukina looked inside one of the bags.

" You mean you stole all of this? How did you get the bags though?" Shakaku stood back up.

" Easy, we just put them all in the bags like everyone else did."

Hiei was getting very bored, just laying on a bed was not very fun. He got up and paced around the room. ` I wonder if father would let me come out..' Hiei thought to his self. Building enough courage up, Hiei walked over to the door and opened it slightly. Once he saw his fathers back was to him he opened it up all the way.

" F-father…" Hiei tried to say it as clear as he could only to stutter like a scared child.

Shakaku turned around and glared at the young demon.

" What are you doing out of that room?" He said as calmly as he could. Hiei tried not to tremble, he didn't want to act like a child, he wanted to show his father he was brave and could face anything. Still he could not help but stutter when he talked.

" I… I'm s-sorry. Please. Can I c-come out?" Hina looked at her son than to her husband, she tugged on his long sleeve and nodded at him. Shakaku sighed and then nodded as well.

" Fine, maybe you can help up with this thing." He pointed to the oven.

Hiei came out of the room, he was glad to be out of that `dungeon'. Yukina smiled warmly at him while she sat down on a couch. Hiei sat next to her, scooting to the edge, he hoped his feet would be able to touch the ground but unfortunately he could not.

The child fire demon let out a small sigh, why did he have to be small? He wanted to be taller like his father was.

" You know if we never came here we could just hunt for our food like we always do.." Hiei said, he hoped maybe they would get fed up with everything and go back to the Makai.

" We're going to learn how to use this thing!" Shakaku yelled, he was getting annoyed with this human thing. Hiei crossed his arms and scooted to the back of the couch. Hiei's eyes widened, Shuuichi took him to a place to eat, and maybe they could go there. Not that Hiei was hungry, but his family was always grumpy when they did not get food.

" Umm.." Hiei began but no one heard him. Hiei growled. " I know what to do about food!" He shouted a bit to loudly only to get a weird glance from his father and sister.

" If you're fixing to say we go back home, don't even think about it." Shakaku leaned against a wall with his arms crossed.

" Hn. No, I was not going to say that, I was GOING to say we could go and eat at this… rah.. rahn men place."

" What?" Yukina tilted her head to the side.

" I don't remember the name! But I know where it is!" Hiei yelled, but ducked his head thinking he was about to be hit, but nothing came. Hiei looked up to see his family heading towards the door.

" Where're you going?" Hiei blinked in confusion.

" Are you coming or not? I don't know where this place is so I suggest you come." Shakaku waiting patiently at the door, Yukina stood in the middle of her parents and waited for her brother.

Hiei jumped up and ran over to them. " You mean I can leave this place?" Hina smiled and nodded.

" Yes, please do come with us."

" Hn. Fine I will." Hiei acted like he could careless, he didn't want them to know he had eaten there already.

They were all heading down the street Hiei in the lead since he was the only one who knew where it was in his family. Yukina looked at all of the stores they passed, this was a one in a lifetime experience to her.

" Here it is." Hiei stopped in front of the ramen shop. Yukina stood next to the young fire demon admiring the new building in front of her.

" Can we eat here?" Before she was answered a voice Hiei heard before caught his attention.

" Hiei-kun? It's nice to see you! Are you eating here again?" Hiei looked at the redheaded Shuuichi, boy was he going to get it. Again. He would have waved like crazy to make the `human' shut up but he figured his father would have seen that.

" Hiei, who is this boy." Shakaku looked closely at Shuuichi who smiled at him. Before Hiei could answer, Shuuichi did.

" I'm Minamino, Shuuichi. You're Hiei's family I presume." Yukina stepped out from behind her mother.

" Yes. I'm his sister. Yukina." She bowed, Hina bowed also.

" I'm Hina, Hiei's mother. This is my husband, Shakaku." Shuuichi bowed like everyone else.

" I'm glad I was able to meet Hiei-kun's family. I'm sorry but I have to go to the store for my mother. It's nice meeting you!" Shuuichi called as he dashed away from the demon family.

" Goodbye." Yukina waved as she watched the boy run off.

" He is very nice, where did you meet him Hiei?" Hina looked down at her son who was looking in the direction Shuuichi ran off in. Yukina looked to the ramen shop.

" Are we going to eat?" Shakaku nodded.

" Yes. We are, but not Hiei. Go back to the apartment." The father of the two young demons tried to keep his cool, he didn't want to yell in front of all these humans.

Hiei quickly turned and started running, he didn't use any of his super speed, it would be too obvious he was not human. Hiei glanced over his shoulder; he watched as his family walked into the shop, instead of going home he went into the store Shuuichi went in.

` This is going to take to long. I'll never find him in here, unless…'

Hiei remembered the scent of Shuuichi it was roses. He could just search for his ki but being in a hurry, it never passed threw his mind.

Following the scent of Shuuichi Hiei made his way in the store. ` Humans sure have a lot of things..' Hiei looked threw the isles of human food and other things. The young fire demon was not paying attention and ran into a being, stumbling backwards Hiei landed on the ground. Shaking his head Hiei looked up into the emerald eyes of Shuuichi. Shuuichi offered a hand but Hiei refused it. He got up and dusted his self off.

" Are you ok?" Shuuichi asked with some concern in his eyes. Hiei simply snorted and crossed his arms. Shuuichi smiled.

" Yes I am fine! Something like that would not hurt a demon!" Hiei quickly covered his mouth with his hands. Shuuichi stood there wide-eyed staring at Hiei.

` Crap! What did I just say?!' Hiei cursed his self mentally.

" Wow. I didn't think I would be that shocked." Shuuichi laughed, Hiei had a puzzled look on his face.

" What do you mean?" Hiei questioned raising an eyebrow. Shuuichi stopped his laughing; he grabbed Hiei's hand and led him to a place where no one was.

" If I tell you will you not tell anyone else?" Shuuichi sweat dropped, it seemed like Hiei was actually thinking over if he would tell or not.

" It depends on what it is.."

" I can't tell you if you don't promise me." Shuuichi said calmly. Hiei finally nodded.

" Fine, fine. I won't tell."

Hiei waited for Shuuichi to tell him this "secret" you could say. The redheaded boy stood in front of the fire demon.

" It's nice to know I'm not the only demon here anymore." Shuuichi said simply.

Hiei blinked a couple of times before finally regaining his speech again.

" A demon?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

HA! HIEI! I STILL HAVE NO REVIEWERS!!

Hiei: Hn. And you are proud of that?

Ku-Chan: Yup. * nods * ~ Thinks~ Oh well… At least I got some on another site thing

Hiei: Hn.

Kurama: Well maybe you will get more on the second chapter.

Ku-Chan: Maybe..

Kurama: Sure, I bet you will! Maybe…

Ku-Chan: Well I don't care if I don't. I always keep writing. Even if I get no more, but it would be nice to get some.

Hiei: Hn…

Ku-Chan: Hiei stop saying that! Sheesh! Oh yeah Hiei goes to school in the next chapter with Yukina of course, and with Kurama!

Hiei: wonderful…

Ku-Chan: Sorry this chapter was so short to all who actually read this. Oh I will also be updating ` Cursed to be a Fox' first before I update this. Or I think. I usually write a page each day or something..