Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Loss ❯ Pain ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
ashiko: this is a brand new story i'm starting, and i want your honest opinion people...and should i continue?

Warning: violence and some strong language
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hiei ran through the endless hallways and corridors, his eyes gleaming in hatred and bloodlust. Spots of blood stained his face, as he refused to wipe them away, his clothes torn and bloodied in a mix of his own and anothers life source. The world was a blur around him, he looked straight ahead as he continued to run denying temptations to look or turn back. Aside the occassional flicker of light from lit torches the halls were completely dark, he did not mind it though, he was used to the darkness and sometimes prefered its company to anything other.

He denied his pain, and he denied his sorrow to the events that had just fallen, he was the last living of them, the last living in this forsaken place. They were gone, his friends, those he had fought beside for years protecting the lives of the humans he had despised for so long, gone...in one night that would haunt his memories and pain his mind for eternity. Kurama, Yusuke, and even the dope he had sworn day in and day out that he hated and not only tried to convince others of it but himself as well. No matter how avidly he denied and protested it, they had grown on him...he could not force away the feelings of grief he felt in loosing them.

Hiei would never shed a tear though, for it was not his way. He had gotten his revenge on the ones responsible, and yet he felt empty in doing so and could not shove aside the guilt that tore at his heart, for being unable to save their lives. He had cursed himself and those responsible many times for the deeds that had been done, and wished for the pain to just leave him. His thoughts had crossed suicide many a time, but it would never be, suicide was for the weak of mind which he most certinly was not.

He finally reached the end of the stream of endless hallways, stoping infront of two large doors ingraved with writings of some language Hiei would not bother trying to understand. He forced open the doors, and almost immidiatly he clenched his eyes shut from pain as the bright light forced his pupils to dialate uncomfortably fast. He just stood for a moment in the center of the doorway rubbing his eyes to force the slight pain away.

"You are hurting..." A velvity voice tingled at his senses as he opened his eyes to see a woman standing in the center of the room, her long black hair falling from her shoulder as she turned to face him. Any other to have come in contact with the woman would have long ago let their gaurd down, as she seemed so peacful that others would be so trusting as to think of her as someone who could help. But, not Hiei, even though his stance did not show it he was on gaurd he would not allow this woman to take advantage of his weakened state.

"You have suffored a great loss, and though you deny it you are in great pain...you mourn the deaths of your friends and yet you wish to never think of them again so your grief will not haunt you..." The woman continued to speak to him which caused Hiei to narrow his eyes, he did not like how casually she was talking about this, and he most certainly did not like her ability to read his thoughts, and emotions. "You are one that does not like to show weakness, and you find these thoughts of guilt and remourse to be embarassing...you find that they show you are vounerable and you believe any relationships or ties to others will only increase that risk." The woman held a saddened aura about her, her eyes filled with regret, and her movements filled with sorrow as she walked toward the untrusting jaganashi.

She stoped maybe two feet from him, looking into his eyes as if looking straight into his soul. "You do not trust my actions, and i doubt my intentions will be known to you for some time...but i can save you from this pain." She held a truth to her words that not even hiei could deny, though he still did not trust her, he wished to know how she could help. "What could you do to help me? When it seems you cannot even stop your own life from being consumed in sorrow." Hiei's words felt like a dagger in the woman's heart, but she would not give up on him, she would not allow him to suffor her fate in eternal damnation. "I will show you the way." was all she said to him, which caused a flicker of frustration to arise in Hiei.

"Show me the way to what?" He questioned in a low hissing voice, he was not one for unclear answers...especially in a time when he had lost nearly everything. "I will show you the way...." Was the woman's repeated answer, as she held her hand out to him to ask for his trust. For reasons he would never understand, Hiei took her hand and allowed her to guide him to the pond in the center of the room. She knelt in front of the pond causing him to kneel as well, she placed his hand just ontop of the water with her's placed gently on top of his.

Their hands started to glow a bright white, and within a few seconds the blinding light enveloped the entire room. When the light died down Hiei was gone and only the woman remained. She reached up and pulled a white lilly from its place in her hair, she cast the delicate flower into the water, then soon stood and just looked upon the glittering pond with sadness still eminating from her body. "Goodbye Jaganashi, find happiness in where you go." She whispered finally after a long silence then the woman turned and walked toward the doorway that was still ajar, soon disipearing into the darkness of the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Ashiko: well that's the chapter, what'cha think? please R&R