Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love knows no boundaries ❯ memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crimson7319: Hello, this will be my third story, and I hope you like it. I made it a Kurama love fiction because I love him too, even if it is not as much. Everything will be explained, and so you know ahead of time, Kurama is a prince. His father is the ruler of a large sum of land in Makai, but this Kurama is the same one we all know. Yep, everybody's favorite red head. By the way, the other Yu Yu Hakusho characters will be here, but their personalities will be different. Now with the story.

_______________________________________________________________ _________

"Not again." I muttered under my breath as she walked up to me. My father was constantly trying to get me to marry her, and even after I refused, he still insisted on making me love her, thinking that if she lived here for a while I would eventually come to the conclusion.

I am not worried though, I will never love her. However, her parents were strong allies with my family, and I would never want to endanger that allegiance. So I tolerated her slightly, and gave her a nod to let her know I acknowledged her presence. She bowed, an innocent smile on her face, but I knew better than to fall for that look.

"Ah, Prince Kurama, fancy meeting you here." She said.

"Yes," I began. "Amazing how you always `happen' to meet me when I have business to attend to." I replied calmly, mentally smirking at my reply. She gave me a warning glare.

"Don't worry dear Kurama, I will give you a chance to find out you love me. It is all a part of my kind nature, and I know in time I will be Queen." She said, starting to walk in the direction I came from.

"We will see about that Tula." I muttered loudly, causing her to give me a snobbish glare before she disappeared around the corner.

Tula was `pretty', there was no doubt of that. She had long blonde hair, which was always up in a tight ponytail, and chocolate brown eyes. She was my height, I only taller by about an inch. However, she was a snob, a brat, and loved to show off her power and wealth, putting down all those weaker than her. She only wanted to marry me for the power it would give her. She would be supreme, and I shudder to think of how she would abuse her crown if she ever became Queen.

I sighed audibly, and continued down the long hall, finally reaching my previous destination. I glanced back, to see if anyone was coming, glad to see that there was no one. I turned the brass handle of the door, slightly rusty from lack of care. This door had to be one of the only doors in the palace in this condition, but then again that made a little sense. It led to the slaves' quarters.

Now while it was not forbidden, I knew my father would get into a tantrum if he found out that my best friend, the son of a `rich lord with much land', was actually the slave boy, or more accurately the slave that fixed all of the broken objects in the castle, Hiei.

I smiled slightly, recalling how our friendship began. It all started when we were both about 5. Hiei was practically born a servant of the castle, though he is respected more than others. One of my favorite toys, an emerald plane with golden roses painted on it, broke. The emerald wings were cracked, and I was greatly saddened. I refused to let my father get me another plane, it was too special, and insisted on getting it repaired.

When my father mentioned about it to one of his advisors, they told him about a young slave boy, who apparently had a knack for fixing things. I was ecstatic at the thought that there might be someone who could fix my plane. So my mother and I both met him the next day, my broken plane carried in my arms. I remember how surprised I was when I saw him. I had expected him to be a grown man, just like all of those around him, but instead he was my age.

He had black hair, which defied gravity and stuck up in the air. He wore a dirty black shirt, and pants, both looking like he got them from a shredder. His most defining characteristic was his red eyes, a demon. He bowed slightly as my mother and I walked up to him. My mother looked at him questionably.

"Hello, are you Hiei?" she asked. I always loved my mother's voice. It is always kind and caring, even when she is talking to the slaves.

The boy nodded, and taking that as my clue, I held out my precious plane to him. He looked over it in his hands for a minute, until finally reaching some conclusion. He finally spoke up, his voice extremely soft, proving his shyness in front of royalty.

"It can be fixed, but I think I will need some help from my sister, Kayura, but it will only take a minute or two to find her down here."

I remember jumping up with joy. My plane could be fixed! But my mother stopped me, realizing something that I didn't.

"You have a sister? Then why is she here doing the men's chores?

_______________________________________________________________ _________

Crimson: How do you like it? Good, bad? Next chapter will continue on with his memory of his meeting with Hiei and Kayura. I am thinking about making Yusuke a prince as well, one of Kurama's only friends that isn't a slave. What do you think of that?