Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love Me, Hate Me, Just Don’t Let Me Fall ❯ In Which Shishi Needs a Haircut ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Last Chapter...

"Yeah, let's call him then." Keiko pulled out her cellular phone and used it to call Kurama. This was going to be sweet. That lying ferry girl was going to get what she deserved!

Love Me, Hate Me, Just Don't Let Me Fall

Chapter 11: In Which Shishi Needs a Haircut

Hiei, Shizuru, and Kurama were walking down the street in search of Botan when Kurama's cell phone rang. The fox pulled out the phone from his pocket to see who was calling.

"What the heck is that?!" Hiei asked, staring irritably at the odd device that was the source of such irritating noise. "It's annoying."

Shizuru explained what a cellular phone was while Kurama answered the phone, "Hello? ...Yes, Hiei's right here..." Whatever was said next to Kurama made him arch an eyebrow in an almost amused manner, and a small grin found itself across his face. "Oh, is that so? ...Okay, I'll tell him... Fine, we'll meet you there. Bye."

Kurama hung up and slipped it back into his pocket. Hiei and Shizuru looked at him curiously, wondering what had been said.

"What is it, fox?"

"That was Keiko. She says Botan is cheating on you with Touya," he answered with a grin.

"Nani?!" Shizuru asked as Hiei looked at the fox questioningly.

"They were searching for Botan at the mall when Yusuke found Botan and Touya alone at the food court. He got mad at her for cheating on Hiei and accidentally destroyed something. He talked to them briefly before running off to tell Keiko, and then they called us."

Shizuru shook her head sadly. "Yusuke, that idiot! When's he going to learn not to meddle with other people's business?"

"I agreed to meet them at the entrance to the mall, so let's go," Kurama told them. The trio set off to the designated meeting place.

Thankfully, they were close to the mall, and arrived within minutes. Keiko and Yusuke were right where they said they would be. As soon as they saw Hiei, they rushed over to him.

"Oh kami, I am sooo sorry, Hiei! I can't believe I accused you of doing something to Botan when she's been toying with you like this! Gomen nasai, Hiei!" Keiko said.

Yusuke patted the fire demon on the back sympathetically. "Gomen, man, I never saw this coming... Sheesh, if anybody was to be disloyal I figured it would be you... Wait, I didn't mean that, err I did, but not like that... erm..."

Normally Hiei scorned anyone who dared to pity him, but this was most certainly not a normal situation. Instead of telling them off, he silenced them with a calm stare and said, "Show me where she is."

Without another word, Keiko and Yusuke led Hiei into the mall. Shizuru and Kurama followed close behind, exchanging worried glances. They were both afraid Hiei was about to do something idiotic. If he did so in front of so many ningens, he was sure to go to Reikai prison, especially after what just happened between him and Koenma.

Soon enough, Hiei found himself at the food court only a few yards away from where Touya and Botan were seated. Yusuke said, "See? They're on a date!"

Kurama put a hand on Hiei's shoulder and warned, "Don't you dare do anything stupid, Hiei. There are ningens here and you don't need to get on Koenma's bad side!"

The fire demon slipped from the fox's grasp with a glare and stalked towards Botan and Touya. They noticed him immediately, and Touya muttered, "Finally..."

Botan got up and ran to Hiei. "Hiei!!!" she squealed as she hugged him tight.

Hiei shoved her away harshly and growled, "Don't 'Hiei' me, Botan! I trusted you! I gave you my heart and soul, and this is how you repay me?! By going off to date the first demon you find?! HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO ME?!!!!!!"

From a distance, Yusuke grinned triumphantly, glad to see Botan getting what he believed she deserved. He and the others watched everything, along with the many ningens that were watching this strange scene curiously. Within a few minutes, nothing short of a small crowd of humans had gathered around Hiei and Botan.

Botan's eyes widened and she said disbelievingly, "Surely you don't believe that I... Touya... dating... but, how..." She was at a loss for words.

"Oh don't worry. Yusuke told me all about your little date."

"Yusuke...?" Botan's eyes flashed dangerously as she scanned the crowd around her. Her gaze finally landed on Yusuke, and she glared at him. Yusuke had been enjoying the show, but as soon as he saw Botan looking at him, he cowered behind Keiko. Fortunately for him, Keiko was unafraid of Botan and simply glared back at her.

All of the ningens crowded around them to witness all of this had heard more than enough to guess that Botan had cheated on Hiei with Touya, and they all murmured their disappointment that Botan would choose him over Hiei. Thankfully, nobody was stupid enough to start a riot.

Shizuru glanced around at the surrounding ningens anxiously and whispered to Kurama, "Hiei's causing a scene..."

He nodded in agreement, and he silently prayed that everything would be all right. For all Kurama knew, Hiei could be planning on challenging Touya to a death match in the midst of all the humans.

Much to Kurama's relief, Hiei simply told Botan, "Come now, Botan, my love. Many things have yet to be discussed, and we don't want to do this in public, now do we?" His voice held almost a taunting sound to it as he took Botan by the hand and led her away.

Touya watched them go, his heart filling with dread. He laid his head down on the table in front of him wearily. This was just great. The one person who kept him from dating Yukina thought that his girlfriend was dating Touya behind his back. Now he would never have a chance in the three worlds to date that beautiful ice youkai!

Although Kurama was relieved that Hiei was going to talk to Botan privately, that sly fire demon had left Shizuru and Kurama to explain everything. This was going to require either some very good lies, or they were going to just have to escape from the millions of questions Touya, Yusuke, and whoever else might have. Kurama and Shizuru walked closer to Touya, followed closely by Yusuke and Keiko.

Yusuke stomped over to Touya, much braver now that Botan and Hiei were gone. "How could you, Touya? I thought you were honorable, but I guess not!"

"I do hope you know you were coming between a very happy couple. And they just got together yesterday! YESTERDAY! You could've at least waited a week before sticking your pretty boy head into their business!" Keiko said. She slapped the ice master's cheek with all her might and began walking away. "Come on Yusuke, let's leave this scum and go find Yukina and Kuwabara! Just wait until we tell them what happened!"

At the sound of Yukina's name, Touya stopped rubbing his sore face and his heart seemed to just stop. Yukina! They were going to tell her that he had done such a dishonorable thing! Now, he would truly have absolutely no chance with Yukina. The ice master's life was now officially over...

Almost as soon as Yusuke and Keiko left, Jin, Rinku, and Chuu arrived. Jin said, "Oi, Touya! We got a parrot now! Her name's Pepper and she likes salt! See?" Jin demonstrated by pouring salt into his hand and letting the bright green-feathered bird sitting on his shoulder eat it.

Chuu glanced at Kurama and Shizuru, and said, "Oi Touya, who're the pretty gals? Your girlfriends or something?" He leaned in closer to the ice master and muttered, "They strippers, ne? Why didn't you call me and tell me you were having a party?"

Touya glared at him. "No, you baka. That is Shizuru, and that's Kurama, who happens to be a boy. They came with Hiei to pick up Botan."

After studying Kurama suspiciously, Chuu asked, "You sure you're a boy...? Because you look like a girl, and a pretty one too!"

Kurama sweat dropped and said, "I assure you, I'm most certainly male."

Chuu's eyes narrowed. "Prove it!"

"Nani?!" a startled fox asked. Surely he hadn't just suggested Kurama strip in public just to prove his gender! Shizuru noticed the shocked expression on Kurama's face and tried to contain her laughter, but failed miserably.

Rinku pulled out a toy hammer from nowhere and thwacked Chuu on the head. "Baka! If he says he's a boy, then he's a boy!"

"So where's Hiei now?" Jin asked.

"He already left with Botan."

"Oh, good! I was afraid that crazy youkai would try to fight you or something. And, you know, fire and ice make water..."

"Eh, what? That made no sense, Jin."

Sitting on Jin's shoulder, Pepper the parrot repeated, "KRAWK! Fire and ice make water, KRAWK!"

"Jin, shut your bird up! She's going to give us all migraines!"

"Wah! I can't do that!!! Pepper's me parrot pal!"

"AAAAHHH! HELP!!!!!" Shishiwakamaru came running, pursued by Suzuka, brandishing a pair of scissors. "You'll never get my hair alive, you hear me? NEVER!"

"Get back here! You need a haircut!"

"No I don't! My hair is just fine!"

"But you hair hasn't been cut in decades! Besides, short hair's all the rage now!"

Shishi finally reached the food court and quickly hid behind Chuu. "Crazy clown, MY HAIR IS JUST FINE!!!"

Chuu grinned mischievously and grabbed Shishi by the shoulders, pulling him closer to Suzuka. "Oi, Suzuka, come and get him!"

Suzuka was glad for Chuu's help and advanced on the struggling Shishi, smirking the entire time. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Rinku practically flew through the air in a flying tackle and hit Suzuka hard, making them both land on the floor.

"Let him be, you baka!"

Suzuka's scissors had flown from his grasp, and Jin spotted them a few feet away. The wind master picked them up and stalked towards a still struggling Shishi. Pepper, the parrot sitting on his shoulder, bit Jin sharply on the ear, forcing him to accidentally drop the scissors. "KRAWK! If he says his hair is fine, then let him be! KRAWK! You baka!" the green-feathered bird repeated.

Jin cursed colorfully at his traitorous bird. Then he, Suzuka, Rinku, and Pepper all dived for the scissors at the same time, as Shishiwakamaru finally freed himself from Chuu's grasp. He quickly jumped away and drew his sword. "I'm going to kill you, you drunkard!"

The ningen crowd around them that had been watching the show gasped, surprised to see a real katana. They became confused. Surely this crazy swordsman didn't mean to actually kill the big blue-haired guy? Then, perhaps they were putting on a play. Yes, that's it. This must be some sort of play! The audience, thinking everyone was acting, clapped wildly as Shishi tackled Chuu and the others fought over the scissors.

While all of this was going on, Touya pulled Shizuru and Kurama away from all of the humans. "What the heck is going on?"

"Uh, it's a long story..."

"Botan already told me what happened between her, Koenma, and Hiei and all about those tests."

"Oh? Well, then I guess I could tell you." Kurama told him what happened to make Yusuke and Keiko believe Botan was being unfaithful to Hiei. "Now that you know why you were being accused of such shameful things, tell us what happened with you, Botan, and the others."

"Shishi and Jin went to kidnap Botan from Reikai, but on the way back Shishi got mad at Botan and hit her on the head too hard. She fainted and they carried her to our ningen hotel. It didn't take her a long time to wake up, and when she did we told her what happened and the Jin suggested we go to the mall. He forced us to go, so we had to come. On the way we met Chuu and Rinku, who came along as well. When we got to the mall everyone split up and left me with Botan, so we went to the food court and ate some ningen fast food. After eating, we talked about... stuff, and then that's when Urameshi came and accused Botan," Touya told.

"You talked about stuff? What kind of stuff?"

"Botan told me what happened to her and Hiei, then we made a deal of sorts."

"A deal?"

"Yeah..." Touya said. He was reluctant to tell them that he liked Yukina, but they seemed nice enough so he figured he should. "If I find suitable brides for Koenma, then Botan will somehow convince Hiei to let me date his sister."

"You like Yukina?"

Touya nodded in response, hoping they wouldn't laugh.

"Oh kami, you two would made the perfect couple!" Shizuru exclaimed.

"That's what Botan said right before she started talking about my future grandchildren," Touya replied.

"You mean, children, right?"

"No- grandchildren. That baka onna said I was going to make a fine grandfather!"

Shizuru and Kurama looked at him to see if he was serious, and when they saw he was, they burst into laughter.

"What? Quit laughing, it's not funny!" Touya said irritably.

"Gomen, Touya, but I don't think I can see you as a father, much less a grandfather!" Shizuru explained, still laughing.

"So, you're saying that I shouldn't have children? Is that it?"

"Erm, no..."

"Because I plan to, baka!!!"

"Oh? You do? With who?" Kurama asked.

"Eh... erm, nobody, nobody..." Touya said, not wanting to tell them every single detail of his personal life.

Shizuru and Kurama stared at him with an expression that clearly stated 'Did you just say that?!'

"GAH! No, you bakas, I didn't mean it like that!!!"

Kurama chuckled and reassured, "We know what you mean, thank kami." He glanced over at Jin and the others. "Maybe we should escape before we get pulled into their little war."

Shizuru nodded in agreement and Touya said, "Onegai!!!"

"Well, where can we go then? We don't want them finding us, and I know we don't want Keiko and the others finding Touya."

"I think I know a good place to go." The other two turned to look at Shizuru. "Follow me. We can go to my old elementary school. They'll never find us there."

Shizuru led Touya and Kurama far away from the battle that raged in the food court and out of the mall, on their way to her old school.