Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love potion; Number 9 ❯ Day One: The Perfect Plan ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note:

Bleh, I know I'm not finishing all my stories, but the damn PLOT BUNNY bit me in the ass and wanted me to make this fic! I promise! [Crosses fingers]

Hiei: Yeah, right. [Scoffs] The plot bunny my ass.

Fine, don't believe me. Anyways, someone kindly do the disclaimer. I know they're not really necessary, but hey! I like 'em. It's funny what some people can put together...

Yusuke acting as a Disclaimer: Yu Yu Hakusho doesn't belong to this lady here. Besides, we'd all be in deep shit and prolly be eating our own crap if she was! [Cackles, runs away]

Yusuke! That wasn't nice! And certainly not TRUE! I'd make you eat someone else's crap...

Yusuke: [Out in the distance] Same difference!

--

The Four-one-one: Kuwabara makes a love potion which'll make anyone fall instantly in love with him. Meant for Yukina, 'You' accidentally drink it, thus making you fall head over heels in love with Kuwabaka. (As sick as that sounds, but hey!) Can the gang help you get back to normal? Or would it be too late as you start planning for a wedding? And is Kuwabara happy? And why the heck is Hiei wearing a tuxedo?! (Hiei and You pairing, eventually.)

Love Potion; Number 9

Day One: The Perfect Plan

A YYH story by: Yours truly

-♥♥-

"What're you making there, Kuwabara?" Yukina asked as she hovered over Kuwabara, yet it was a bit tough since the guy was a giant compared to her. The tall, orange haired teen jumped up in surprise, concealing his 'surprise' as he'd like to call it. Looking over at the curious blue haired maiden, his heart melted and a goofy grin crossed his features.

"Y-Yukina!" He stuttered, "It's n-nothing!" He laughed nervously waving his hand aside; that was till the 'surprise' started to bubble and pop. Yukina raised her eyebrows, trying to get a better look at what Kuwabara seemed to be making.

"Are you making dinner, Kuwabara?" She asked sweetly. The blue haired maiden looked up at the elder expecting a straight answer. Kuwabara nodded dumbly, "Yes! Dinner, that's it."

Not fully believing the nervous guy, Yukina nodded politely before deciding to leave Kuwabara to his own biddings. With a small bow, she exited the kitchen, and Kuwabara visually relaxed. "That was a close one."

"What was close?" you asked as you walked into the kitchen. You, being a natural born 'Ningen' (As Hiei called you), did all you could to help Yusuke and his team of Spirit Detectives.

The detectives themselves consisted of this orange haired goof, Kuwabara Kazuma; Headstrong, yet strong leader Yusuke Urameshi; The gentle and Polite Kurama (Also known as Youko Kurama in the Makai and some other places) and last, but certainly not least, the half-ice, half-fire demon Hiei. You weren't really sure of his last name, so you just left it at that.

You had joined the team a while after the Dark Tournament when you moved from the States to Japan. You quickly became friends with Keiko, who in turn introduced you to Yusuke, and then Yusuke introduced you to Kuwabara, and so on. All that introducing leads you to where you are now. (Not an eccentric fighter, but a very good friend when needed.)

Kuwabara says your name in a startled manner, holding a hand over his chest where his heart would be, "Don't scare me like that!" He warns. You just laugh, noticing something smoking out of the pot behind Kazuma. "Uh, Kuwabara?"

"Yes?"

You point at the object behind Kuwabara which now burst into flames. Quickly, Kuwabara's current shirt catches on fire. He flaps around helplessly, while you rush to the cabinet to grab a cup. While Kuwabara flaps around aimlessly, you turn on the faucet, filling the cup to the brim. Upon hearing the commotion outside the kitchen, everyone fills in to see what's happening.

"Kuwabara! You're on fire!" Yusuke states, laughing like a madman. "Shut it, Urameshi and help me!" Kuwabara screams back in retaliation. You do just that, throwing the cup of water in Kuwabara's face.

He blinks once, then twice looking down at himself. "I'm still on fire!" He runs around in circles once more, leaving you to fill the cup up with water.

Yusuke gets smart, bringing in a hose from seemingly out of nowhere, but if you look closely, you can see the hose was pulled all the way across the house to get to the kitchen. "Turn it on, Keiko!" Yusuke shouts to Keiko, assuming she's outside. At once, a steady jet of cold water rushes out of the hose and onto Kuwabara's flaming figure extinguishing the fire.

He stands there drenched and droopy, "Thanks Urameshi." Yusuke started laughing as an answer which Kuwabara found offensive. "What's so funny, Urameshi?!"

"You!" He paused to catch his breath, "Have you looked in the mirror, Kuwabara?"

Kuwabara frowned; he clearly hated to be the one always made fun of. You saw this and stopped your own laughing feeling sorry for the guy. Just because he was ugly, not to mention perverted, he was still a great guy and wouldn't do anything to really hurt his friends. Hell, he'd die for them.

"Alright, I think that's enough." You say, whacking Yusuke over the head for making this such a big deal. Before Yusuke asked you what that was for, you turned towards Kuwabara, "What exactly were you making, Kuwabaka?" You smiled in a playful manner.

Kuwabara's head jerked up and he once again took on that nervous stance, "Er, nothing important. Just dinner." He said, sticking with what he said before. Yusuke frowned, everyone else giving a disapproving glance towards the pot which now looked roasted, toasted and burnt to a crisp.

"If Kuwabara's making dinner, I'm eating out." Yusuke said, raising a brow.

"Can it, Urameshi! This cooking stuff ain't no picnic! I'd like to see you try!"

The image of Yusuke in a chef's hat and apron crossed your mind and you brushed them away with a smile. "How about I make dinner tonight?" You offer. Kuwabara shakes his head a bit too fast; it looked like his head might fly off and hit the wall or something.

"No, no! I want to!" he then proceeded to push each and every one of you out the kitchen. "And don't come in!" He states, after shutting, latching, locking, bolting and welding the door shut. You roll your eyes, "I hope he doesn't expect us to rescue him if he catches on fire again."

Yusuke snorted, placing his hands behind his head. He looked up at the ceiling with a frown, "Well, that idiot brought it on himself."

You shake your head, before returning to the living room. You've been living at Genkai's home, since your parents were away for some vacation. You just didn't get it; they went away from the hustle of the States to only go back to vacation in Hawaii?! Parents are strange. Demons are more understandable.

They were due to return in about a month. They thought you were responsible enough to run things on your own, and you were. It actually felt kind of good that your parents trusted you so much and you never let them down.

"You have any eights?" Botan's voice interrupted your musing, as she asked Kurama for an available card. The scene was set as this: You were currently standing in the hall, looking out towards the small living room where Botan, Kurama, Yusuke, and Keiko played a card game. Go fish, most likely. They sat in the middle of the room, around a table.

Hiei was his usual self, staying silent and watching from the window sill.

"Go fish." Kurama said a bit afterwards. Botan reaches for the pile of cards, only to put down two more as she had a matching pair somewhere in her deck.

"Do you hold any threes, Yusuke?" Kurama asked Yusuke, who seemed bored from the whole game. Keiko nudged him when he didn't answer.

"No." He plainly stated. Keiko smacked his arm, "Yusuke, stop lying!" Yusuke rubbed his arm, his eyes growing into the tiny slits, "How do you know I'm lying?"

"You pulled a three out from the discard pile, baka!" She pointed at the card pile, then smacked Yusuke again for making a face at her. "Damnit Keiko!" He rubbed his arm once more, forking over a three to Kurama. Kurama set two pairs of cards down, no doubt them being the three's.

You sit on the couch, having drawn from the game a little earlier before the whole 'Kuwabara-setting-himself-on-fire' episode. You wondered what he was making, and then scrunched up your nose. Yusuke's idea of take out was sounding nice right about now.

-♥♥-

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Kuwabara was stuck making dinner AND his surprise. He held up a recipe book, planning to make dinner first. Then, when no one was looking, he would pour the 'surprise' in Yukina's dish and wait for the effects to happen.

What is the surprise, you ask? Well, a flash back would be sufficient.

--

"We don't want to go to the mall, Keiko!" Yusuke muttered, being dragged from the collar by an overly ecstatic Keiko. Kuwabara, Hiei and Yusuke were practically dragged against their will, though Kurama didn't mind.

"Pathetic Ningens and their hobbies."Hiei muttered from besides Yusuke. Yusuke only nodded, crossing his arms. "Fine, we'll go but I'm heading straight to the arcade!"

Kuwabara agreed, and the girls reluctantly gave in. "Alright, but meet back here in three hours!" Keiko warned.

Everyone went their separate ways; you had gone with Kurama and Hiei somewhere whereas Botan, Keiko and Kuwabara's sister, Shizuru, shopped for clothes, shoes, etc. Yusuke and Kuwabara headed straight for the arcade as stated previously.

"Check this out, Kuwabara!" Yusuke had stopped at the window of a potion's shop a few stores away from the arcade. He pointed at the glass, leaving a smudge. "Love potions!" He turned to Kuwabara with a grin, "There's your answer to all your girl problems," He then laughed at the idea, "What crap!"

Kuwabara thought otherwise though.

"Yeah...crap." He laughed uncertainly. He took another look at the bottle, then back to Yusuke who seemed to be walking away. Without another thought, he headed into the potion shop, purchased the love concoction and rushed to meet up with Yusuke; who by then wondered where Kuwabara went off to.

"What took you so long?" Yusuke asked, hands in his pockets standing against the entrance. Kuwabara grinned, "Just thought I saw something cool in there."

Yusuke raised a brow, "You didn't buy that potion love crap, did you?" Kuwabara shook his head, "It looks like crap! You said so yourself!" Yusuke just looked at him skeptically then shook his head. "Come on, I'm going to beat your ass so bad in these games."

"Dream on, Urameshi!"

--

Kuwabara miraculously made dinner, yet still had to make the potion for his beloved Yukina. Once done, he took a big whiff of the potion, growing little hearts in his eyes.

"Yukina, baby. We're destined." Kuwabara muttered happily, stirring the boiling potion. He clicked off the burner, moving towards the plates of food. 'Now which one of these is Yukina's bowl?' he asked himself. He shrugged, pouring it into some random bowl. 'Now all I got to do is make sure she eats from this one!' He then grinned stupidly, 'Kazuma Kuwabara, you're a genius!'

-♥♥-

A while more, the kitchen door suddenly unlocked itself revealing a very smug Kuwabara. "Dinner is served, my friends."

Yusuke rolled his eyes, "Let's just hope it won't kill us."

Kuwabara frowned, yet let that comment pass. Not before glaring steadily at Yusuke, though. You pass through Kuwabara, as well as Kurama, Botan, Yukina and Keiko.

Yusuke followed after, yet Hiei stayed on the window sill.

"Hey, aren't you going to eat, shrimp?" Kuwabara asked the small demon. Hiei just hn'ed, getting down and walking to the kitchen.

You looked down at your bowl, which was a strange pale green color. Pushing the plate in front of you, you sweatdropped as your stomach growled. "Well, I can't eat this. Just looking at it makes me sick!" Yusuke says from across the table. He too, pushed his plate in front from him, followed by everyone else. You looked around at everyone's bowl; it seemed to be pale green in all of them.

Except Yukina's.

"How come Yukina's bowl isn't green like ours?" You ask. Yusuke looks to see for himself and indeed, it actually looks normal. Taking your spoon, you stick it in Yukina's bowl, picking up some of the gloopy...whatever it might be. It could've been oatmeal.

No body knows for sure.

"You're not going to eat that, are you?" Hiei asked, clearly disgusted with the food. You sniff it, though it didn't smell so bad. "Just a little." You answer back. Hiei just hn's, but watches nonetheless.

"I'll give you twenty bucks if you eat that!" Yusuke dares. You look at Yusuke, then back to the spoon. It seriously didn't look bad!

"Alright, you're on!" You say. You lift the spoon to your mouth right after Kuwabara comes back in the kitchen. He sees you hovering over Yukina's bowl, her spoon poised by your mouth.

His eyes grow wide as he watches you stick the spoon in your mouth, "Noo!" He yells, diving across the table trying to knock the spoon out of your mouth. Instead, he sends the bowls of gooey oatmeal flying everywhere! The oatmeal substance flies into people's faces catching even Hiei off guard! A nice green blob lands on his cheek, which he wipes away as if nothing happened.

You blink as you swallow the food, nothing happening at first. "It doesn't taste so bad..." you mutter. You grin at Yusuke, to see him completely covered with the green food. You start laughing at everyone, including yourself.

"Why the hell did you do that for, Kuwabara?!" Yusuke yells, clearly pissed for the food fight he wasn't expecting. "Don't try to change the subject, Yusuke! You owe me twenty bucks!" You smile, holding out your hand.

Yusuke grumbles, pulling out a crumbled twenty from his green jumpsuit pocket. He stuffs it in your hand, and then looks up at you laughing. "You look ridiculous!"

"I could say the same about you..." you mutter before twapping him on the head. Looking around, everyone had the same green goop on themselves. Kuwabara just stares at you crazily.

"It didn't work?!" He asked out loud, though he asked himself. You raise a brow, "If you were planning on making a mess, then yes. It worked."

"No! The potion! It didn't work?!" He then realized he let out his secret and Yusuke started laughing, "I KNEW IT!"

"What potion?" Kurama asked, wiping some remaining goop from his hair. Yusuke was in tears now, "The idiot bought a LOVE potion!" He started to choke on his own laughter. He called your name, pointing at you, "Now she's going to fall in love with KUWABAKA!"

Everyone looked at you, then back to Kuwabara. Back to you, then Kuwabara once more. Kurama chuckled, "No, really. What potion?"

Yusuke laughed harder, "I'm telling you the truth! Kuwabara bought a love potion!" You gulped, "Yusuke! That isn't funny!" You then started to panic. Sure, Kuwabara was a great guy, but whoa! FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM?!

"It might not even work," Kurama said, he patted you on the arm, "Calm down and take a deep breath." You had started hyperventilating which caused Yusuke to fall over in his chair, laughing.

Kuwabara eased himself off the table, 'Well, she's not Yukina, but she's the next best thing.' He then grinned, lifted in spirits once more. He grasped your hand, "Hey baby, do you love me now?"

"Nooo!" You burst into tears, unable to grasp the fact that you may fall in love with Kuwabara sooner or later.

Unless, like Kurama said, the potion didn't work. You still had a chance! But before you could say 'HopScotchYapperNoodles', you started to feel the effects of the potion. First, you heard these popping noises then birds sing. Birds! You looked up at Kuwabara, now finding him better looking than anyone you've ever met before. At once, you knew you were in love.

-End-

Author's note:

How do you like THEM cookies? Whahaha! Anyways, please REVIEW! PLEASE, PLEASE PLEEASE.

Hiei: Alright, stop begging...

I wasn't BEGGING. Just asking very, very NICELY! [coughs] Anyways, what'll happen next? What is the groups reaction and WHEN DOES HIEI WEAR THE TUXEDO?!

Hiei: WHAT TUXEDO?!

Um, Bye! [Runs off]

--Words and their meanings-

Baka: Word usually used to insult a person meaning stupid; idiot (ex: Kuwabara is a baka)

Onna: Word meaning woman (Ex: You = Onna. Hopefully.)

Ningen: Hiei uses this word meaning 'Human'. (Ex: Kuwabara is full Ningen. Yusuke is only half.)

Makai: Meaning the 'demon world' (Ex: Hiei and Youko come from Makai therefore making them demons)

If there is any other words I've missed and/or gotten you confused, please tell me and I can explain it to you. Thank you!