Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Meetings ❯ The Past ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

What Ever

Written By Elizabeth Sage

Chapter 2

The Past

It was the day before the tournament semi finals. Hiei was rather mad. No one had seen his old friend at all, only her teammates. He decided to go and ask them.

As he knocked on the door, Hiei could hear voices inside the room, "Can you get that, Zephyr?"

"Sure," a voice replied. As the door opened, Hiei saw a girl about 15 or 16. She had blue gray patterned eyes and the best strait blonde hair he'd even seen. Her black sweat pants had white strips down the sides and a low cut white spaghetti strap shirt complimented it.

When she saw who was at the door, she called back, "Bub, watch Sarah for me. I'll be back in a bit."

"O.K.," a guy inside called back.

She closed the door behind her, and started to walk down the hall. Hiei followed.

~Later~

When Zephyr finally stopped, they were out in the middle of nowhere. She didn't turn around as she asked, "It's been five years, hasn't it?"

Hiei snorted, "Why'd you leave?"

She turned around and placed one hand on her head, "I knew this was coming. Hiei, I…I had to…I'm not sure how to explain this."

"You had to get away from me?" he asked.

"Hiei, that's not it. I didn't want to leave, I just…I had something that made me leave," she tried to explain.

Hiei walked closer to her, asking, "What?"

Zephyr sighed and tried to explain, "I've known you since we were kids. You were my best friend, and I could always count on you for anything. It wasn't easy to leave, but my sister…she…"

Before she could finish, a voice was heard running up the trail. It called, "Aunt Zeffi, Aunt Zeffi. I found you." It was a little girl about five years old and looked exactly like Zephyr.

As she ran up to Zephyr, her aunt picked her up, saying, "I guess you did. Sarah, this is my friend, Hiei. We used to hang out all the time."

The little girl went wide-eyed, "You mean that guy you and Mommy talk about all the time?" Zephyr blushed a little.

She nodded and asked, "Where's your uncle? Robert was supposed to be watching you."

At this, Hiei looked up. He asked, "You're married?"

Zephyr started laughing. She shook her head, "No. Robert, the guy I called Bub, he's a friend of my sister's. He's almost family. Sarah?"

The little girl looked up, "Yeah?"

Zephyr placed her down, a hand on her head. She said, "Hold still. When you get back to the hotel room, stay with Uncle Robert. O.K.?" The girl nodded. A few seconds later, she vanished.

"Why's she here?" Hiei asked.

Zephyr placed her hand back on her head and explained, "She's my sister's kid. Her mother got sick five years ago. She has some mysterious disease. I disappeared because my sister called me. She wanted me to take care of Sarah for her. She wanted Sarah to know me, so that…so that when she dies, I can take care of Sarah for her. She could die any day. I didn't want to leave, but I had no choice. I've missed you, Hiei."

Hiei looked down and asked, "So why now?"

"What?" Zephyr asked.

"Why now? Why did it take you five years to find me?" he added.

Zephyr looked down, confessing, "I thought you wouldn't want to see me. I guess I was right. I'll stay out of your life," She started to walk off.

Hiei grabbed her arm, saying, "If I didn't want to see you, I wouldn't have come. See you in the ring." Then he vanished.

Author's Note: Like I said, weird stops. Hopefully, the next chapter will have a really good fight scene in it. However, I'm only going to write Hiei and Zephyr's fight. Sorry…