Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Meetings ❯ Old Rivals Face Off ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

What Ever

Written By Elizabeth Sage

Chapter 3

Old Rivals Face Off

"Alright everyone. The moment you've all been waiting for, our Tournament's Final Round," Koto screamed over her microphone. She added, "On this side, Team Urameshi." Two giant doors slid open to reveal Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, Genkai, and Hiei.

Koto introduced, "And on this side, Team Sage." Another door opened. Five people stepped out. They had come to be known as, Dee, Leana (the two from the first match), Robert, Tia, and the team captain.

Koto exclaimed, "Wow, everyone. This is our first time to see Zephyr, Team Sage's captain. To be honest, I expected more. Oh well, on with the show!"

~Sorry~

(This fic isn't about the others. It's about Hiei and Zephyr. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go on and on about the other's fights. These were the result. No one died, by the way. Kuwabara Vs. Robert, Kuwabara-Winner. Genkai Vs. Dee, Dee-Winner. Kurama Vs. Tia, Tia-Winner, Leana Vs. Yusuke, Yusuke-Winner)

"This has come down to the final match, Hiei vs. Zephyr. I've been informed that these two are old friends and rivals. This will be an interesting match."

Hiei and Zephyr walked on stage. Instantly, Hiei threw off his cape to reveal his black shirt with the torn sleeves. He placed his hand over the handle of his katana.

In response, Zephyr reached up with her right hand. In a matter of seconds, a giant heavy blade sword appeared in it. She twisted it around, holding the sword behind her back.

Koto replied, "Alright, this looks promising. Let the fight BEGIN!"

No one moved for the longest time. Everyone could feel the power rise around the stadium ring. Hiei started glowing purplish-black, and Zephyr glowed a similar grayish-black. Their auras stayed only around them, and a violent wind picked.

Up in the stands, Kuwabara yelled over the wind, "Man, they're going right at it."

Kurama corrected, "No, they're only getting started. Hiei's grown exponentially since the Dark Tournament."

"There's something about her power. I can't describe it, but it's different, like Hiei's," Shizuru added.

"Sparks are flying in the ring as the two fighters have a stare down," Koto announced.

Finally, Hiei disappeared, leaving only a flash of light. He then reappeared a few feet behind Zephyr, leaning. A small cut appeared on his left cheek. Back where she had been standing a few minutes ago was the black windbreaker she had been wearing.

Koto announced, "Well, it seems that Hiei had attacked Zephyr, but she's no where to be seen."

Kuwabara asked, "Did anyone see where she went?"

"Actually, I didn't see a thing," Kurama confessed.

Then, Hiei disappeared. Koto added, "Now it seems that Hiei has disappeared as well. Can anyone out there see what's going on?"

As if to answer her, multiple flashes of light appeared all over the stadium. People here and there dropped dead in the audience and parts of the ceiling fell to the floor.

This continued for a few minutes, until Hiei and Zephyr reappeared on stage. Their swords fell to the ground and their faces covered in sweat. Both had multiple cuts and bruises all over, as their clothes were shredded here and there.

"Wow folks. It seems that the flashes of light were actually hits between the two worriers. Let's hope that we get to see the next round of attacks," Koto wondered.

"What happened? They're already tired," Kuwabara said, stupidly.

"Actually, nether one is worn. I believe we've only seen a fraction of their true powers," Kurama said.

Botan added, "It's good they didn't have this power five years ago. It would have been catastrophic."

Back in the ring, Hiei and Zephyr dropped their weapons. Seeing this, Koto yelled, "This is a surprise. It seems the two have finished their sword fight. What can we expect next?"

Kurama whispered, "They're going to finish it."

"Already?" Yusuke asked.

Kurama nodded, "Hiei isn't one to beat around the bush, in a word. It seems Zephyr's the same way. If I'm not mistaken, she, too, wields a dragon of spirit world." Everyone looked at him, wide eyed.

In the ring, Hiei was talking to Zephyr, "I've learned a few new tricks in the last five years. You could call it an upgrade."

Much to his surprise, Zephyr replied, "So have I."

Then, without warning, both fighters' auras surrounded the ring. They circled each other, creating violent sparks and wind.

Koto gave the latest update, "This wasn't to be expected. If you saw the last Dark Tournament, Hiei mastered his Dragon on the Darkness Flame attack by becoming the dragon, himself. Now it seems that Zephyr has her own dragon."

The weaker demons in the stadium caught fire or burst into ashes. Where the group was sitting, Yusuke and Kurama used their powers to set up a barrier around the girls. Kuwabara was trying to comfort Yukina.

Back in the ring, Zephyr reveled her secret, "I've waited a long time to mean the Dragon of the Darkness Flame." She emphasized the last word, adding, "I too have captured and consumed my own dragon."

Hiei finished for her, "The Dragon of the Darkness Wind…"

She replied, "Well, I see you do know something."

"People, unless my small cat ears have deceived me, Zephyr is the Dragon of the Darkness Wind. This thing can only be expected in the finals," Koto pointed out.

Hiei smiled, "You ready?" Zephyr nodded and the two charged. They became engulfed in their own aura, causing them to look like two dragons.

The dragons collided and were at a stale mate. The tails of the dragons flipped, as each tried to overpower the other. The longer the two collided, the brighter it got.

Koto confessed, "Well, I'm sorry to say that I can't see a thing. When I can, I'll tell you what's going on." She had on her sunglasses, which started to crack. Not even the others in the stands could see what was happening.

There wasn't much to see. Inside the light, Hiei and Zephyr were staring at each other, their fists locked. He suddenly powered up and pushed her back. Smiling, he said, "Once again, you're no match of me."

Powering up herself, Zephyr let go of one of his hands and punched Hiei strait in the jaw, sending him flying to the wall. She disappeared and reappeared over him, saying, "And once again, you forgot: I know you to well for you to surprise me."

He jumped up and charged back at her. Catching her off guard, he kicked her in the temple, sending her spinning into the ceiling. Not letting her recover, he jumped up and pulled her down by the leg. She went sailing into the ring. He jumped down after her and waited for her to get up.

It didn't take her long. As she stood up, she wiped away the blood that trickled from the large, deep gash in her right cheek. It would turn into a scar that she could never get rid of. Flinging the blood off her hand, she smiled and said, "I underestimated you, Hiei. I wanted to end this without using my true power, but I guess I can't. Sorry, I didn't want to do this."

Hiei's eyes went wide, "What do you mean, true power?"

In the stands, Zephyr's group was sitting with Sarah, Robert's shield over them. Leana called out, "Zephyr, you can't. You know you can't control your true form."

Hiei asked again, "You have a different form?"

Zephyr's smile widened as she replied, "I didn't know I had it when I was with you. I know you're too strong for me in this form. I admit that…but I know I can beat you."

Without warning, she started to glow a pure white. Her black aura disappeared and she was lifted into the air. Hiei shielded his eyes, looking away.

Author's Note: Sorry, had to end it here. The chapter was getting kinda` long. I know you hate me; you don't have to say it. But you can if you want. Just review and I'll get the next chapter up when I can.