Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Meetings ❯ A New Form and A Good-Bye ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

What Ever

Written By Elizabeth Sage

Chapter 4

A New Form,

A Good-Bye

When Zephyr finally came back to the ring floor, she looked a little different. Her feet didn't touch the floor, and her hair had gotten longer. Besides that, she hadn't changed.

In the stands, Kurama stated, "Her power. It's completely changed. I can't see anything, but that power…"

Hiei knew it to, and it scared him. He asked, "Zephyr?"

The girl's eyes opened. They had changed as well, to a complete gray color. She glowed a pure white. Her voice seemed different, more evil as she replied, "Prepare to die!"

The white light engulfed the entire ring, consuming Hiei. He screamed, as he couldn't escape it. He dropped to the ground, unconscious.

When the light cleared, Zephyr was back to normal. She was kneeling on the ground, breathing hard.

Koto started the count, "10…9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…a nd 1. Zephyr is the winner!"

When she said this, Zephyr looked up, realizing what was going on. She looked over at Hiei's unconscious body, "Hiei, no…" She ran over to him, placing his head in her lap.

Yusuke, Kurama, and Kuwabara ran down the steps off the stands. When they reached Zephyr and Hiei, she was crying, her forehead on his.

Yusuke yelled, "You killed him!"

Kuwabara added, "How could you do that to him?! He was your friend!"

Zephyr looked up, tears in her eyes. She whispered, "I didn't…I…couldn't."

Sarah ran up and hugged Zephyr, the others behind. She said, "You made Aunt Zeffi cry!"

Dee picked Sarah up and Leana leaned down, hugging Zephyr. She said, "Dee, take Sarah and the others and head back to the hotel room. We need to start packing." Dee nodded and the four walked off.

Zephyr looked back down at Hiei and said, "I couldn't control her. She's to powerful…"

Kuwabara yelled, "No da, your friend told you that."

Kurama corrected, "No, she didn't chose to change to the other form."

Leana nodded and stood up. She explained, "Every once in a while, this other form takes over Zephyr's body and controls her. Normally, Zephyr can keep control of it, but this time…" her voice trailed off.

Zephyr added, "She's been inside me my entire life. I could always keep control…but I let my guard down when I saw Hiei…"

Kuwabara was upset. He started to scream, "And now he's dead! How could you let that bitch kill him!?!"

Kurama tried to stop him, but stopped himself when Hiei moaned. He sat up, asking, "What happened?"

Zephyr started to cry, as she hugged him. He hesitated, but placed an arm around her shoulders.

Kuwabara yelled, "We thought you died."

Hiei smiled, "Stupid human, you think something like that would kill me?"

Yusuke replied, "Well, yeah."

Zephyr looked up, asking, "But how? I know you knew about the spirit, but…" A tear rolled down her face.

Hiei wiped away the tear, saying, "She missed. She hit me in the neck." Zephyr started laughing, the other soon joined her.

~The next day~

Yusuke shoved Hiei out the hotel room door. He said, "You can have your stuff after you see Zephyr." Then he closed the door and locked it behind him.

Hiei stood dumfounded. Then, smiling, he headed down to Zephyr's room.

When he got there, Tia answered the door. She called back, "Zephyr, it's your lover." Hiei blushed as he heard Zephyr run to the door.

Be fore she came out, Hiei heard, "Ow, damn it, Zephyr! It was just a joke!"

She walked out and closed the door behind her. A scar ran down her right cheek from the battle the day before. Leaning against the wall, she asked, "Hey Hiei. Need something?"

He looked down, replying, "We're about to leave. I wanted to know if I'd ever…" He didn't finish.

Zephyr smiled, "I'll keep in touch this time, promise. If you need me, Koenma knows where I am now." Hiei nodded. She added, "It was good to see you again, Hiei."

She leaned down and kissed him on the cheek before running back inside. He just stood there for a moment, his hand on his cheek.

After a while, he smiled and walked back to his room, his hands in his pockets. He'd bang on the door hard and scare Yusuke with a fire trick or something when he'd get back. He'd tell Yusuke, he'd gone to the roof for a few minutes after he got his stuff. It would piss Yusuke off.

As he made his way slowly, he thought about when he and Zephyr went on their killing spree. She had changed since then, for the good of her niece. But he knew, somewhere, the old Zephyr was still ready for a good fight when he was ready to ask.

Author's Note: O.K., so now I ended it weird. I'm good at that too. Sorry, this was a short fic. Review if you want, bye.