Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror, Mirror ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lilly was up in her room listening to Abney Park while role paying on her computer when she heard her mom call for her from the other side of her house.
“Lilly! You have a package form your grandmother!”
Hearing this news Lilly jumped off her bed and bolted to the other side of her house where her mom was holding out a package for her. “Thanks mom!” She said before running into the kitchen with it and grabbing a pair of scissors to open the box. Lilly opened thee box and pulled out the silver and red tissue paper letting it fall to the floor. When she finally reached the gift she gasped.
“What did you get?” Her mother asked looking over her daughter's shoulder. In the box, sitting on some more red and silver colored paper was a velvet jelwery box, a beautifully carved hand mirror and a card. Lilly gently picked up the mirror. It was silver and had beautifully designed roses carved on it, on the back there was writing written in kanji.
“Mom! I can't read this!” Lilly exclaimed whining. Her mother shook her head smiling and help out her hands for the mirror, which lilly gave her.
“It's parts of a song dear. If you hands were in mine I'd be sure they would not sever. My apple tree, my brightness, it's time we were together. Calling out unto the earth with tears hot and wild, for the loss of a girl that I loved as a child.” She read.
“I know that song!” Lilly exclaimed taking the mirrior and placing it back in the box then opening the velvet jelwery box. Inside was a beautiful pendant. She didn't know what kind of gem was in it, but it was a red gem of some sort set on a black metal that she didn't even know existed, and it was sort of tear shaped. Even though it looked like it might be heavy it was actually very light.
It's so pretty... Lilly thought as she took the necklace out of the box and put it around her neck.
“What does the card say?” Her mother asked. “Oh, heh, uhmmm let's see...” Lilly said before taking the card and opening it. She read the card out loud to her mom who nodded before saying, “That was very nice of her. Why don't you go put your mirror safe somewhere. in your room.” She said.
“Yes mommy!” Lilly said before going back to her room with her box then lying down on her bed staring at her mirror. She traced the kanji on the back of it with her mirror while listening to the song that had the lines engraved on it.
“I am stretched on your grave an will, lie there for ever. If your hands were in mine I'd be sure we'd not sever.” She sang with the music softly. “The priests and the friars approach me in dread, for I love you still my wife and you're dead. With you in your cold grave I can not sleep warm.” She contiuned. She flipped the mirror over and saw her reflection and smiled slightly as she sat up.
Lilly looked of Japanese decent, though she definatly had American blood in her. Her hair was shoulder length and black but it wasn't really straight, in fact it had quite a bit of natural wave to it, and the ends of it flipped up naturally. Her eyes were slightly almond shaped but they were grey in color, sometimes they were even blue.
 
Lilly set the mirror down and picked up her laptop to contiune role playing. When she looked back at her mirror she nearly dropped her computer on her bed. The mirror was now showing a city scene! Lilly hurriedly picked it up and and it seemingly zoomed in till she was, more or less, fallowing a red haired japanese boy.
“Holy shiz.” She breathed.