Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror, Mirror ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lilly sat up with a jolt, she just woke up after passing out was was very confused. “Holy hell where am I?” She exclaimed. She was happy to see she was still in her sailor costume, but not so happy to be in some strange house. she got up and walked over to the sliding door, when she tried to open it and it didn't open she growled and stomped her heeled foot. “I demand to be let out now! Someone open this door right this minuet before I start to get really mad!” She yelled childishly. when no one answered her she growled and kicked the corner of the door before stomping back to the futon she was sitting on and plopping down.
“Stupid people.” She muttered. “Don't you know it's rude to keep a lady waiting?!” She shouted at the door scowling. She looked around for her mirror to see if it would do anything to amuse her only to find that it wasn't near the bed. She got up and looked other places calmly, then searched everywhere again frustrated, the third search of the room was frantic. “Where is it?! Where is it!? It's gotta be here!” She said her voice nearing a frantic tone.
--
--
Yusuke yelped and dropped the mirror that was in his hand. “What the hell?!” He yelled.
“The girl has woken up it seems.” Genkai said. “She's probably quite up set, someone should go see her.” She added.
Yusuke tried to pick the mirror back up and one again let it go with a yelp, “THat thing just tried to freaking burn me!” He exclaimed.
“You shouldn't try to touch that Yusuke. It's reacting to your friends frustration.” Botan said floating down on her oar.
“You could told me sooner.” Yusuke grumbled.
“I'll go see Lilly.” Kuwabara said standing up with a sigh.
“So what is this thing for?” Yusuke asked as his tall friend walked out of the room.
“What do you think? It's a mirror.” Hiei said like the detective was stupid.
--
--
Lilly was about to go into hysterics when the door slid open and Kuwabara walked in. The teen age girl looked up and saw him and stopped trying to mess with the window. “Kuwabara! Where's Yusuke and Shuichi? And have you seen my mirror? My grams gave it to me and it's real important. And how did you get into the room, the door was locked? Where am I? Who's temple is this? This is a temple right? I really need to find that mirror of mine, I promised I would take good care of it.” She said barely stopping to breathe as she fiddled with her necklace.
“Woah, woah, slow down the question flow Lilly.” Kuwabara said. “Yusuke and Ku-Shuichi are fine, they're in the temple main room. Yes, this is a temple, it belongs to Yusuke's martial arts teacher. I know where your mirror is and it's fine, not a scratch on it, and the door wasn't locked, it just tends to get stuck.” He said answering all of Lilly's questions.
“They're here? Where are they?” Lilly asked.
“Come on, I'll show you. It's easy to get lost around here.” Kuwabara said leading Lilly out of the room and two everyone else.
--
“Well, it's not burning Yusuke any more. Kuwabara must have gotten her to calm down.” Kurama commented. The door to the room slid open and Yusuke was glomped by Lilly.
“You're alive! I thought the ceiling would have crushed you! you sure proved me wrong!” She said happily.
“Lilly, can't, breathe!” Yusuke said. Lily let go laughing sheepishly, before grinning evilly and glomping on to Kurama.
“Lilly,” Kurama said with a sigh. “Yes Shuichi?” Lilly asked cutely. “Let me go.” He replied. “This is the thanks I get for worrying?” Lilly asked letting the red head go. She saw her mirror and grabbed it with a happy squeal.
“What's your name girl?” the old woman in the room asked. Lilly saw she had faded pink hair, and looked tough.
“Lilly, m'am.” The brunette said politely.
The woman nodded, “How'd you get that mirror?” She asked. Lilly sat the mirror next to her and fiddled with her necklace.
“My grandmother gave it to me.” Lilly replied honestly.
“I see, and have you seen anything odd recently?” She asked.
Lilly started to shake her head and say no, but caught a look telling her to say the truth. Lilly bit her lower lip, “I couldn't say. The definition of odd depends on the person.” She said.
“Don't mess with me girl. I know plenty of ways to get an answer out of you.” Genkai said.
Lilly looked meek and ducked her head. “I suppose you could say I've seen a few odd things.” She muttered.
Genkai nodded, “How long have you been in Japan?” She asked.
“Uhhhhhhh...” Lilly said. “Three months now I think...” She replied.
“Been to any of the historical sites?” Genkai asked. Yusuke and Kuwabara were confused as to way the old woman was asking so many questions about the girl that had nothing to do with anything in particular. After a few more questions Yusuke and Kuwabara figured out what the old woman was getting at.
Lilly made a face, “My grams is cramming so much information about her shrine and some of the stuff in it that I barely have any room for the stuff I learn in school.”
“What does she tell you?”
“Stories, you know like what parents tell their kids before bed. My mom told me most of them, only differently.” Lilly replied.
“Anything about that pretty thing next to you? It seems pretty old.” Genkai said pointing to Lilly's mirror.
“Yeah, she's told me stories about it. She says it has supernatural powers. It used to belong to a priestess who I'm a direct decedent of. And it would only do certain things for her. and my necklace also supposedly belonged to the same woman, grams says it has powers as well. She's always after me not to take it off, and to keep my mirror with me. SHe keeps saying that they'll save my life one of these days.” She said before looking at her pendant with a small frown. “I guess she was right.” she muttered before covering a yawn. “I should totally get home. Grams is probably going nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if Mrs. Shiori is worried as well.
--
--
Lilly was sitting and eating lunch with her grandmother, she looked up remembering a question she wanted to ask. “Grams, do you know someone by the name Genkai?”
“Yes, why do you ask?” GRams said.
“I was over at her temple with Shuichi and Yusuke today. She just seemed like someone you would know.” Lilly said with a shrug.
Grams smiled, “Really?” She asked. “And what were you doing over there with those two?” She teased.
Lilly colored and squawked, “I'll go do the dishes.” She said hurriedly and ran off into the kitchen to wash dishes.