Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror, Mirror ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dear Family,
This place is starting to grow on me. Living at the shrine sucks though. Grams is determined to cram as much junk information into my head as possiable, as if I'm really gonna stay here when I turn 20.
Anyways I still can't wait to get home, I really miss you all. On that note, could you please send some of my plushies over, as well as family pictures? And I'm sending you guys some pictures in the e-mail.
lots of love
Lilly
--
After Lilly went back to playing pack-man Yusuke looked at Kurama, “So is that your girl friend or something?” He asked. Kurama sighed, “No Yusuke, Lilly is not my girl friend. She's a friend of my mother's.” He explained.
“Oh, so she's more like a little sister.” Kuwabara said looking over at Lilly in time to see her kick the game and yell at it. “That's cool, you may want to keep an eye on her when you can though. With those demons attacking pratically every girl our age looking for that lame mirror.” Kurama nodded, “No need to worry Yusuke.” He replied.
“Shuichi, I'm gonna head home, you don't have to worry about walking me since your friends are here.” Lilly said.
“I don't mind Lilly, besides I'll be seeing Yusuke and Kuwabara later this evening so it's no trouble.” Kurama replied.
Lilly's eyes darted around as if looking for an excuse,You really don't have to, besides I'm meets grams so we can go shopping.” She said. “Oh look I think that's her now, bye!” She added before rushing out of the arcade.
“Can we fallow her?” Yusuke asked after a moment. “Yusuke, I don't think that's a good idea.” Kurama replied. “Oh come on Kurama, don't tell me you're not at least a little curious as to why she didn't want you to walk home.” Yusuke said.
“I'm not curious.” Kurama said.
“Fine then, Kuwabara and I'll go.” Yusuke said. After fallowing the teen age girl for about twenty minuets they saw her look around before jogging up the steps of a temple.
“Well that's intresting...” Yusuke said.
--
--
Lilly came down the stairs at the Minamino's house wearing a Sailor Neptune costume. She had even dyed her hair the proper color, using temporairy dye of course. She had her mirror in one hand as she approached Yusuke, Kurama, and Shiori.
“Well, how do I look? Be brutal.” She said
“Wierd.” Yusuke said smirking. “Well I wanted to be Sailor Moon but Shuichi wouldn't agree to be Tuxedo Mask because he'd have to cut his hair and dye it black, or pin it up and use a wig.” She retorted with a pout.
Yusuke snickered, “You do realise you're the only one dressed up right?” He asked.
“And that your skirt is incredably short.” The red head added with a mild look, his eyes carefully trained on Lilly's face.
“Just because you two are no fun doesn't mean I shouldn't be any fun.” Lilly retorted flipping her hair over her shoulder. “Now stop being sticks in the mud and come on! We're gonna miss the party!” She added excitedly.
Shiori laughed, “Then you all better get going.”
Kurama sighed, “Why did you have to mention this to her Yusuke?” He asked his friend as they left the Minamino's house. The three made it to the party and Yusuke and Kurama were suprised to see that there were quire a few people dressed up in a cosplay outfit. Lilly found a bunch of other Sailor Scouts and walked over to them to chat leaving the two guys behind.
-- --
“Kurama you're sure that Lilly's the one with what we're looking for?” Yusuke asked Kurama later on in the evening after watching Lilly make her way around the party like a social butterfly, she was currently on the dancing on the dance floor to some J-pop song.
“I'm not sure, but it's what I think.” Kurama said.
“Well crap.” Yusuke said stuffing his hands into his pockets.
It was awhile later and though everything seemed normal Yusuke was fidigety and on edge, but unaware of the reason why. Kurama also seemed a little on edge for no particular reason.
“What's wrong with you two?” Lilly asked while sitting down with the guys.
“Nothing, are you ready to go yet?” Yusuke asked.
Lilly pouted, “No, I told the other Scouts that I'd be right back.” She said.
Yusuke sighed and thumbed back into his chair. Lilly rolled her eyes and looked at Kurama, who just shrugged as if he didn't know what the punk's problem was. Lilly sat down in a chair, “Come on, tell me what the problem is. Oh, Shuichi must be getting harassed by a bunch of pretty girls and you're jelous.” She said brightly, Yusuke stared at Lilly like she was stupid. “Aww, don't worry Yusuke! I still love you!” She said holding her arms out like she was going to hug the teen punk.
After a few more minuets of teasing Yusuke Lilly got up and went back over to the sailor scouts that were there. It was maybe ten minuets after that when an explosion was heard and Lilly, along with some others screamed. Yusuke and Kurama jumped to their feet to see what was wrong. The problem was there was so much panic that they couldn't see much.
 
Lilly pushed and shoved her way through the panicked crowd trying to find her two friends. The brunette was starting to panic a little her self, she thought she was close to the table she had left Yusuke and Kurama at but she was starting t think that the crowd and pushed her off course. Finally she felt someone grab her arm and pull her out of the crowd, when she looked to see who it was she saw a worried looking Yusuke.
“Thanks!” Lilly shouted over the noise. She looked around but didn't see her red haired friend. “Where's Shuichi?” She asked.
“He'll meet us out side, now let's go!” Yusuke said back. Bolth teens were yelling because it was so loud with the screaming and parts of the ceiling coming down.
“We can't leave Shuichi here! What if he doesn't make it out? What if he's trampled by the crowd? What if-?” Lilly ranted but stopped half way when she heard someone say from behind her, “What if I'm right behind you?”
Lilly craned her neck and nearly glomped the red head while exclaiming, “Thank Kami you're alright!”
Kurama pried the brunette off of him while talking, “We need to get out of here, I found a exit near by that's easy to get to.”
Yusuke nodded, “Lead the way then.” Just when the three were starting part of ceiling fell and was coming to land right on them. Lilly screamed and held her hands over her head as if that would help, her mirror, which she was still holding onto lit up and made a dome over the three with what seemed to be light before the two young men could react.
The ceiling section hit the barrier, Lilly squeaked and flinched, before settling around the three. Lilly swayed on her feet and opened her eyes, “Are we alive?” She asked sounding distant. she didn't see Yusuke look at Kurama suprised over her head. “I think I'm gonna take a nap.” She said before passing out.
Thankfully for her Yusuke caught her, and just before she slipped into complete sleep she heard Yusuke say, “I guess you were right Kurama. She does have the mirror we're looking for.”
“Night, night.” Lilly muttered letting sleep take her over.