Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror, Mirror ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Whenever I say your name, whenever I call to mind your face.
Whatever bread's in my mouth, whatever the sweetest wine that I taste
Whenever your memory feeds my soul, whatever got broken becomes whole
Whenever I'm filled with doubts that we will be together
 
Wherever I lay me down, wherever I put my head to sleep
Whenever I hurt and cry, whenever I got to lie awake and weep
Whenever I kneel to pray, whenever I need to find a way
I'm calling out your name
 
Sirens could be heard all down the block. Paramedics hurried to make sure the Japanese-American girl out cold in the vehicle got what ever care she needed. She had an oxygen mask over her nose and mouth. In her arm was an IV, and in one hand she was holding a beautifully carved silver mirror.
 
Whenever those dark clouds hide the moon
Whenever this world has gotten so strange
I know that something's gonna change
Something's gonna change
 
“Does anyone know what happened to her?” One on the paramedics asked, trying to take the mirror. He was a little suprised to find the girl resist him taking it.
 
“Leave the mirror alone, she won't let it go.” The paramedic in the seat across from the first one said. And no one knows what happened. When the neighbor told me what made her call she said that there was a flash of light and a sound somewhere between a explosion and a gun shot.
 
Whenever I say your name, Whenever I say your name, I'm already praying, I'm already praying
I'm already filled with a joy that I can't explain
Wherever I lay me down, wherever I rest my weary head to sleep
Whenever I hurt and cry, whenever I got to lie awake and weep
Whenever I'm on the floor
Whatever it was that I believed before
Whenever I say your name, whenever I say it loud, I'm already praying
 
Once the ambulance got the girl to the hospital and after the doctors examined her they settled the girl into a room. One of the nurses was telling a woman and a teen age boy, who were mother and son, what was going on with the Japanese-American girl and gave the pair the sleeping girl's clothes and the jelwery she was wearing, which was a single.
 
“And she hasn't let go of the mirror once through the whole thing apparently.” She finished.
 
“Can we go in and see her?” The young man with red hair asked calmly.
 
The nurse nodded, “You can visit her now.”
 
Whenever this world has got me down, whenever I shed a tear
Whenever the TV makes me mad, whenever I'm paralyzed with fear
Whenever those dark clouds fill the sky, whenever I lose the reason why
Whenever I'm filled with doubts that we will be together
 
Whenever the sun refuse to shine, whenever the skies are pouring rain
Whatever I lost I thought was mine whenever I close my eyes in pain
Whenever I kneel to pray, whenever I need to find a way
I'm calling out your name
 
The mother and son pair walked into the hospital room, lightning flashed outside of the room announcing the return of the thunder storm. “I hope she wakes up soon...” The mother said sitting down in a chair worriedly. “I wonder what happened to her Shuichi...”
 
The teen, Shuichi, set the girl's things down on a table then looked at his mother with a worried smile, “Who knows mother? It could have been anything.”
 
Whenever this dark begins to fall
Whenever I'm vulnerable and small
Whenever I feel like I could die
Whenever I'm holding back the tears that I cry
 
Whenever I say your name, whenever I call to mind your face
I'm already praying
Whatever bread's in my mouth, whatever the sweetest wine that I taste
Wherever I lay me down, wherever I rest my weary head to sleep
Whenever I hurt and cry, whenever I'm forced to lie awake and have to weep
Whenever I'm on the floor
Whatever it was that I believed before
Whenever I say your name, whenever I say it loud, I'm already praying
 
The mother sighed, knowing her son was right, “I don't like seeing her hooked up to all these machenes, Lilly's like the daughter I've never had.” She said sadly. Shuichi smiled comfortingly and gave his mother a small one armed hug, “I know mother.” He said.
 
He stood up straight and asked his mom if she wanted anything from the cafteria. She asked for something to drink and Shuichi went to get it, along with something for him self. `She hasn't let go of the mirror the entire time. And the neighbor reported an explosion like sound as well as a burst of light. `Could Lilly's mirror be the one we're looking for?' Shuichi thought confused.
 
Whenever I say your name,
No matter how long it takes,
One day we'll be together
 
Whenever I say your name,
let there be no mistake
that day will last forever
 
`Could Lilly' be in posession of the mirror? Is it even possiable for her to even control it? She has no sprit energy. She proabally wouldn't even know a ghost was around if it came up and slapped her, and she doesn't believe in demons and such she said so her self...' Shuichi contiuned to think as he got drinks for him and his mother, then returned to the room Lilly was in.
 
--
 
Lilly was relesed the next day. She happily changed back into her uniform, she walked out of the bathroom trying to fasten her necklace . She was supried when Shiori brushed her mid back lengh hair out of the way and did it for her. “Thanks Shiori.” She said with a smile.
 
“It is soooooooooo good to be out of that boring room!” Lilly said happily. She still sported a few bruises from what ever knocker her out the previous day One on her forehead near her hair line and another on the back of her head. “The world is a happy sunshiny place! Why? Because I said so!” She added. Just after those words left her mouth a bolt of lightning flashed and thunder fallowed it along with the day's predicted down pour.
 
“It doesn't seem to look that way to me, Miss Lilly.” Shuichi replied with a chuckle. Lilly stuck her tonuge out at the red head, “Well it is!” She retorted. She crossed her arms and glared slightly at Kurama, “And there's not `Miss' in my name, it's just Lilly.” She added.
 
“Alright Lilly dear, we believe you. Now let's get you home.” Shiori said laughing at the american girl.
 
“Yes! I'm starving!” Lilly cheered. “Didn't you eat at the hospital?” Shuichi asked. “Are you kidding me?! I don't eat that stuff, do you know what they put in there?!” Lilly said as she climbed into Shiori's car. Lilly didn't see Shuichi roll his eyes at her since he was sitting in the front passenger seat.
 
Once Lilly was home she promised that she'd be careful then went into her house and ate a bunch of brownies before making her self some real food to eat that wasn't junk food. She then sat on the couch and watched TV while eating her brunch.
 
-- --
 
At school the next day she was bombarded by other students asking her questions about why she was in the hospital, and in her locker she found a few flowers and `happy you're batter' cards. She answered the questions as best as she could, but once she reached her limit she told everyone to “bugger off before I go all kung-fu on your rears” then muttered minor curses under her breath in english.
 
At the end of the day Lilly was stalking out of the school with Shuichi, “I can't take it! I need video games! Where's the nearest arcade, big brother?” She asked half begging half whining.
 
“Big brother?” Shuichi asked clearly amused by Lilly. Lilly nodded, “Yup, Shiori said I'm like the daughter she never had, so you get to be the big brother I've always wanted!” She said grinning slightly evilly.
 
“I don't know if I should be honored or afraid...” Shuichi replied. “As for the arcade, I'll show you where it is, that way you won't get lost.” He added wickedly.
 
Lilly made a face, “I never get lost, the rest of the world is just hopelessly confused.” She retorted. Shuichi patter her head,” What ever makes you sleep at night Miss Lilly.” He said.
 
“There's no Miss!” Lilly yelled.
 
Once the two some got to the arcade Lilly squealed and went over to the pack-man game and immediatly started playing.
 
“Oi, Kurama!” An obnxiously loud voice called. Lilly briefly looked up at Shuichi who was looking at the two teen boys one of which was the source of the obnxious voice. “Kurama?” She asked before going back to her game. “It's a nickname, that's all” Shuichi, or Kurama as he was just called, replied blandly. “Weird nickname.” Lilly replied before letting the subject drop.
 
“Hello Yusuke, Kuwabara.” Kurama said to the two. Lilly jerked and looked at the two middle school teens excitedly, while the game flashed the words “GAME OVER”. “Yusuke and Kuwabara? As in the Yusuke Urameshi and Kazuma Kuwabara?” She asked. Yusuke and Kuwabara looked a little suprised. “Uhh, yeah.” Yusuke said.
 
“Oh my god! I love you guys! You're the best punks ever! Can I have your autographs?” She asked pulling out an autograph book form her school bag and a pen. Kuwabara and Yusuke grinned.
 
“Can I give you my number to pretty lady?” Kuwabara asked as he signed the book. “Sure!” Lilly said. Yusuke took the book from his friend when he was done, “Who do I make it out to?” He asked still grinning. “Lilly, not Yuri though, it's just lilly.” Lilly said.
 
“Waa! All my friends back in america are gonna freak!” She said.
Kurama was staring at lilly, a voice in the back of his mind said `She didn't freak out when she met us. I don't know what's so special about them...' The red head ignored the little voice and listened to Lilly explain why she wasted the punk's autographs.
 
“Well I had heard you two are the best street fighters and punks around and all that stuff and I told my friends back in america about it and they said they wanted proof, but then I told them that I had never meet you guys I've just heard rumors about you and they called me a liar, but they also know that I kind of have a thing for punks. So thank you! I'm gonna send a copy of these to them and rub it into their faces!” She said happily.