Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror, Mirror ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dear Family,
Grams is finally out of the hospital. I still worry about her though. She says that if I keep worrying about her like I do my hair will go grey before I turn 21. On the plus side I've become friends with a cute boy and his mother. We go to school with each other, though he's a year older than me (meaning he's a 2nd year while I'm a 1st year.). I spend more time with his mother, Shiori, than him though. She's really nice, and reminds me a lot of you mom. Anyways there's not much else to tell you guys about. I still miss you all, an dI still wanna come back home to America.
Love Lilly.
--
Lilly hit send on the e-mail and it went off to home, with a sigh she got up and went over to her silver hand mirror picking it up. It showed her reflection then fogged over now letting her see anything. Lilly frowned.
I don't understand why it won't show me anything now... She though confusedly. This was the third day her mirror didn't show her anything accept the white fog after her reflection. She sat down on her bed then lied down still holding onto the mirror and staring into it, as if the fog would magically go away and show her something interesting. She flipped it over in her hand letting her see the back. Her finger idly traced the kanji letters and Lilly sighed setting the mirror on her night stand.
She grabbed the nearest book and looked at the cover, it was a cheesy romance novel that she was reading. With a sigh she opened it to the page she had marked and began to read, having nothing else to do. When the weekend came Lilly was beyond frustrated that her mirror wasn't working. Though she was going over to Shiori's house and that would help her take her mind off of the mirror.
 
Lilly and Shiori were in the mother's kitchen baking. Lilly was showing her how to make some favorite sweets of hers form America, and in turn Shiori was teaching Lilly some Japanese foods.
“Mother, I'm back.” The two heard Shuichi call into the house.
“In the kitchen dear!” Shiori called.
“What are you baking? It smells good.” Shuichi asked curiously coming into the kitchen.
Lilly giggled, “Five layer bars. High in fat content and sugar low in nutrition, and all american!” She said enthustatically. “There's also home made ice cream that we're making.” She added.
Shuichi looked confused, “Where?” He asked looking around. I showed him what looked like a hot pink hamster ball, “In this!” I said.
Most of the ingredients were already in there. She set it on the counter and started playing with it like a car played with a ball of yarn, batting it back and forth between her hands. While she played with the ice cream ball Shiori started to clean up some of the kitchen mess. Lilly looked up and handed the ball to Shuichi.
“Roll that around.” She said before going to help the boy's mother clean up.'
Half an hour later the two women were all done baking sweets. “So what will we do with all of these?” Lilly asked with a little laugh. “I mean though I want to eat them all I don't think I can.” She explained.
Shiori laughed at the teen, “I'll take some of them to work, and I'm sure Shuichi's friends would like some.” The mother said. “Yes! I'm infecting the teen minds of Japan!” Lilly said.
 
--
Lilly was sitting in the park staring at her mirror again with a blank face. She and Shiori were meeting near the kids park she was sitting at before they were going out for a girl's day out. It was the weekend of course, or again, and Lilly just got through three of the hardest tests she had ever taken. Lilly wasn't really paying any attention to her surroundings, she was just staring at her mirror hoping that it would unfog and show her something.
“See anything interesting?” She heard Shiori ask making her jump and look up at the mother sheepishly. “Not really.” She said and noticed Shuichi. “Oh, uh, hullo.” She said confused.
Shiori laughed a little, “He's not coming with, he just insisted on coming here before he went to see his friends.” She explained. “Oh.” Lilly said meekly.
“May I see you mirror Miss Lilly?” Shuichi asked politely. “Uhm,” Lilly said. She didn't really want anyone else to see it but there was no way to say no with out seeming rude. “I guess, just please be careful. It's kind of old, and really important to me.” She finished. She carefully handed the mirror to the red hear who took it while promising to be careful.
Lilly answered some questions form Shiori about her mirror. She glanced over at Shuichi, who was now reading the back and holding the mirror parallel to his face,and nearly gasped. The mirror side was “reflection” the face of a gold eyed, silver haired man. His skin wasn't pale, but it wasn't extremely tan either. And are those dog ears?! No they're fox ears! Dear god... Lilly thought making her self look away form the mirror.
“Here you go Miss Lilly. That's a beautiful piece of art work you received.” Shuichi said handing Lilly her mirror back. Lilly took the mirror back and as soon as it let Shuichi's hands the man's face went away. “No miss.” Lilly replied absently as she safely tucked the mirror away into her purse. “And thanks.” She added.
“Ready to go Lilly?” Shiori asked. Lilly smiled at the mother and nodded, “Yeah.” She said. “I'll see you two ladies later then.” Shuichi said before going to meet his friend. The two females made their way to the spa, once there Lilly had such a good time she completely forgot about what she saw in the mirror just hours before.
“This place is so nice.” Lilly said with a sigh as she and Shiori were getting massages.
“Yes I do agree.” Shiori replied.
--
On monday Lilly felt like a new woman after her little spa trip. She had her nails painted a bright hot pink during her manicure and her toes in a pretty burnt orange. School didn't feel as boring, and she happily chatted with some of her female aquantnces. She even did decently in gym class, which is one of the classes she's worst at. Sadly on her way home it started storming.
When she got back to her grams house she saw a note saying that her grams was out of town seeing a friend and would be back in a few days. Lilly had already known this of course but she still sighed and flicked the living room lights on before going up to her room to change. when she opened her room she was suprised that it was lit up as well as it would have been if there was a light on. What suprised her more was that it was comming form her hand mirror.
“What the hell?” Lilly asked going over to her mirror and picking it up. She yelled when it got brighter and help the mirror away from her at arms length. When the light died out Lilly was out cold on her bed, the mirror still in her hand. The storm was slowly going away thought.