Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror, Mirror ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dear mom, dad, and Tori,
 
It's been a year now since I've come to Japan and I still don't like it much, but I've adjusted. Grams got me a new bike, since I left my old one at home for Tori, and I can either walk or ride a bike everywhere, after taking a bus of course. Grandma says that my japanese is now as good as anyone who was born here and has lived their entire life in Japan; in all areas, speaking, reading, and writing. By the way, home schooling is soooooooooo boring.
I thought you'd like to know that I've taken the entrance exam for one of the most advanced high schools in the area. It's safe to say I'm more than a little bit nervous about being rejected. Grams says that I'll get in for sure though. She also says that people might start calling my Yuri, ugg, I'll pummel who ever does.
Oh, I'm now the proud owner of my very first Kimono! It's really pretty, but simple at the same time. The fabric's a pretty earthy brown with a whole bunch of butterflies in a bunch of different colors.
What else.... Oh! I'm also sending presents for you guys. I got them at various festivals over the year. Mommy has a pretty painting, Tori has a dog mask and a pretty fan, and dad has a tea set. I also have a bunch of pictures, including one of the gold fish that I won for Tori and am taking care of for her. *Smiles* In the pictures you'll notice my hair is longer. GRams talked me into growing it out, and letting me get crayola red streaks.
Well I guess that's all. I miss you guys lots, yes even Tori. I hope I can at least come ad visit home soon.
Lots of Love,
Lilly
~--~
Lilly folded up the letter home, put it in an envlope and stuck it in the box with her presents to her family then taped it up and told her grandma that it needed to be sent today. She was dressed in a brown pesant skirt and a t-shirt.
“Lilly, dear, are you ready to go?” She heard her grams call.
“One seck!” Lilly called. she slipped on a pair of flip flops and pulled her hair into a a bun. She ran down the stairs and grabbed her package to be sent. “Ok, let's go.” She said.
A few hours later, after all the errands were done grams took lilly shopping for some new clothes and other things. While they were sitting outside at a cafe eating lunch Lilly nearly chocked on a piece of food upon seeing a japanese boy with bright red hair, and two other boys with her. He's the same one I see in my mirror! She thought.
Lilly and her grams were heading home when grams stopped suddenly. Lilly looked at her grandmother confused, “Grams, are you-?” SHe started but stopped abruptly when her grandmother colasped. “Grams!”She exclaimed dropping her bags and kneeling next to the older woman. It suddenly dawned on her that she was having a heart attack.
“What happened?” “Is she alright?” “That woman just collasped!” People around the two started saying.
“Someone call an ambulance! She's having a heart attack!” Lilly yelled at the crowd before shakily going through the CPR steps. Check for breathing, No breathing, ok she needs CPR. Hold on Grams, hopefully help will be here soon. She thought. She was real scared, yes she wanted to go home, but not if it meant her grams died.
Out of the corner of her eye Lilly saw a magenta uniform near her. “Is there something I can do to help?” A male voice asked. Lilly flipped her hair back out of the way and glared at the boy, not caring or realising it was the red head form the mirror. “Yes! Call a freaking ambulance!” She yelled at him not stopping the chest compressions.
Once the paramedics got there she let them take over and watched worriedly. They wouldn't let her ride with her grandmother but one paramedic did give her directions to the hospital before leaving in the ambulance.
Lilly took a shaky breath and gathered her bags and grams' bags. She spun around startled when she she felt tome one gently touch her arm. The woman smiled gently at Lilly.
“My son and I over heard you conversation with one of the paramedics,” She began. At the mention of the woman's son Lilly's eyes flicked over to the red haired green eyes teen standing next to her. “And I was wondering if you'd like a ride to the hospital.”
Lilly blinked, slowly processing this. “Thank you, I would really like that.” She replied.
Just before the brown eyed woman, who's name was Shiori lilly learned, left she gave Lilly her phone number in case she needed anything and made the teenage girl promise to call if she did. Lilly agreed to what the mother told her then went to see about her grandmother.
--
As it turned out Lilly's grams went into the hospital two days before she started school. Lilly kind of sulked the entire time she was walking to school, and for about fifteen minuets when she was at school untill Shiori's son, Shuichi, came over and inquired about her grandmother.
“She's doing better. I'm going to visit her after school.” She replied with a sigh, then remembered something Shiori had told her. “Oh, uhm, thanks for the flowers. That was real nice of you, I'm sure grams will love them.” She told him sitting up straighter.
Shuichi smiled charmingly, “It was nothing, my own mother was in the hospital not that long ago and I know she liked them.” He said.
Lilly smiled and nodded, “Well thanks, again.” She said. Shuichi nodded and went over to his seat seeing that lass was about to start.
 
Seven hours later Lilly was thankful that school was over. She couldn't consentrait on a word that was said in class. Once she was out of school she went straight to the hospital to check on her grandmother.
“Grams, are you awake in here?” SHe asked entering the room.
“Lilly dear, so good to see you! Oh, and you look adorable in that uniform. Come give me a hug.” Grams said. She had moved the bed so she was sitting up in it and opened her arms to the teen for a hug. Lilly ran over to her grandmother and hugged her. “That's a dear. Now, sit down and tell me what I missed while I was sleeping.” She requested of Lilly who sat on the edge of the bed and told her grams what was going on.