Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstood ❯ Crashing the opera ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ancient-secret: "Yo people , this story is a present for inu.-sess.fan `cause it's her birthday and I wanted to make something special , have fun reading while I finish the birthday girl's cake^^" *is making a mess in the kitchen* *sweat drops* "Mom's gonna kill me…" *mutters*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Crashing the opera *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Great , just great…" , you muttered as you stepped out of the car , your little (favorite color) backpack in your left hand. You looked at the sky , it was dark and the moon had already made her appearance.

"Ready to go honey?" , your mother asked sweetly as she also stepped out of the car and shut the door. You just grimaced and she laughed.

She had blackmailed you into going with her to the opera…

~*~*flashback*~*~

You entered your house and shut the door as quietly as possible. You started tiptoeing up the stares and to your room , just as you were about to reach for your doorknob , a shadow was behind you…

`Kuso!' , you slapped yourself mentally and turned to look at your far to cheerful mother. She was dressed pretty fancy , had her golden earrings on which she only took from the safe when she was planning something big , or just a little torture for her favorite and only daughter.

"Hello there honey , get dressed , we're leaving in about ten minutes!" , she chirped.

"But mom , I have TONS of homework to do and you always said that school comes first." , you said dryly , hoping she'd buy it and go pester your dad.

"Nice one (name) but I know today's Friday and that you are to lazy to do your homework so be a nice little girl and put the cute dress grandma bought you two weeks ago." , she chirped again , if she hadn't been your mother , you would have killed her by now.

"Aw , come on mom, I hate the opera , go pester dad , I'm sure he'd love to accompany he's beautiful wife anywhere in the world if he was asked to…" , good thing you had fought of a very long list of excuses during math class , the teacher was anyway far to busy talking to herself while half of the class was in dreamland and snoring loud enough to wake the dead.

"Good counter but your dad had better ones , sorry hone , but you have much to learn , now get dressed!" , she ordered , pushed you in your room and shut the door.

`Dad , you sneaky fox you , I should have known , what did he buy her this time …? Ah , who cares , to more serious problems…I HATE THAT DRESS!!!' , you yelled in your mind.

You started looking frantically through your dresser until you stumbled over the dress that so disgusted you. It was long , with little blue clouds imprinted on the material , there was a little clown holding three balloons at the left bottom of the dress.

"No way in all the seven hells am I wearing this , this ….uh….it's just grouse!" , you threw it in the dresser and looked for something that didn't practically scream `I come from mars!' …

~*~* end flashback*~*~

Somehow your mom had managed to get you in a long (favorite color) dress `cause she didn't approve of baggy jeans and a tank top with the words `I hate operas ` on it.

"You look adorable , (name)-chan!" , your mom squealed and started dragging you inside. You were seated on a balcony , just you , your mom , three old hags , a women with long black hair and her baby.

You didn't even get the name of the play or what ever it was `cause you didn't care. The lights had gone off , only the stage was engulfed in light in order for the spectators to see.

After like two minutes , you were on the verge of banging your head in the nearest seat , better said , you were bored out of your mind.

`BINGO!' , you chirped mentally as you remembered your trusty backpack. Well , soon enough , you had your walkman listening to (favorite song , group or whatever) while reading a magazine about the new episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho with the help of a mini lantern you had `borrowed' from your dad a month ago , just incase of emergences , like going to the opera.

You were far to into the article about Yoko Kurama that you didn't even notice the actors or whatever they were , had stopped and were looking horrified at something in the shadows.

" Are you sure we will find someone here…?" , a voice muttered in the shadows.

"Well , we fallowed that week demon here and he seems to know who he's looking for…" , a low voice snickered.

And indeed , the actors weren't looking at the two persons speaking , they were far to scared by the appearance of a five meters high , green scaled , hungry-eyed demon.

The monster growled at the petrified people and thus , the chaos started …there were yells everywhere , more then half the crowed had already made it outside the opera screaming for help or just getting as far away as possible.

You of course had your walkman's volume at the maximum and wouldn't even here a volcano irrupt . Bad move. A hand started shacking your shoulder harshly , when you turned to look at the cause , you saw your mother pale with….fear?

You could see her mouth moving but couldn't hear what she was saying , when you saw her stop , you just nodded thinking she had forgotten her mobile in the restroom. After she saw your nod , she got up and ran as quickly as possible , not noticing you weren't fallowing her to safety.

"Mom's lost it…" , you muttered with a snicker and decided to take a look at what was happening on the stage . As soon as you pressed the stop button on your walkman , you had to cover your ears `cause of the loud screams around you.

"What the …" , you could barely here yourself talking. Your eyes widened when you saw the half-empty room and the masses of people racing towards the nearest escapes.

`What's going on , they look like the saw a ghost…" , you muttered and continued scanning the room. You took a few steps backwards in utter horror , in the middle of the stage there was a monster with green scales on its back.

It was looking for something as it didn't attack none of the people , just scanned them. He sensed eyes on him and directed his gaze direct on you.

A evil grin plastered itself on his ugly face as he sprang in the air , a pair of black wings materializing on his back. He was flying directly at you.

`Kuso! Where's the dimwit and his crew when you friggin' need them!' , you yelled mentally , you being to shocked to speak , and worst of all , to move.

"Master will be pleased that I found you…hi, hi , hi…" , a cheesy voice came from the grotesque thing's mouth and sent shivers down your spine. With much effort , you managed to move out of his way. Sadly , you placed your back on the balcony and when you tried running again , he simply pushed you.

With a horrified yelp , you fell…

At the same time , the two persons who talked a few minutes ago smirked.

"It seems he found her…" , grinned the first person.

"Yes in deed , but the baka is going to kill her before we get our hands on her if someone doesn't catch her , and quick!" , the other muttered and looked at his partner.

"Don't look at me Romeo , this is your call not mine!" , the voice laughed as the other grimaced and ran to your rescue.

`Kuso , kuso , kuso , I'm gonna die !!!' , you muttered mentally as you closed your eyes and prepared for certain death. But the impact never came and you landed on something warm , it felt like you were being held in someone's arms.

When you looked at your savior , your jaw dropped , you were being held by the famous Yoko Kurama . `Yep , I've totally lost it now!' , you sighed.

"Kuronue , I saved the girl now you kill the youkai , I can't do everything you know!' , Yoko yelled somewhat angry. Soon enough , Kuronue appeared in front of the youkai and cut his head off with one swift move.

The demon was dead and the two youkais were starting to leave , with you still in Yoko's arms. As soon as your mind registered that and the shock faded , it was replaced by disbelief and anger.

"Put me down…" , you growled in a low voice , getting the guys attention.

"Or what little ningen , are you gonna attack us with your shoes or something?" , Kuronue said amused and Yoko snickered. But , sadly , they didn't know you were a black-belt , the best in town.

"Haven't you got an attitude you baka bat-demon!" , you death glared at him and he also responded with a glare. Yoko was very amused.

"Don't be so rude Kuronue , she's just a helpless little girl! Don't worry sweetie , we won't harm you , much…" , Yoko said with an intimidating grin. That was the straw that broke your back , not even the hottest bishonen would be spared from your wrath.

You punched him square in the jaw and sprang out of his hold. He just glared at you.

"Sorry fox-boy , but no one dares to underestimate me just `cause I'm a girl!" , you grinned and took a fighting stage.

"You should know I do not have a problem in hitting a girl.." , `no matter how cute she is..' , he hit himself mentally , `baka , I can't get attached to a ningen , especially cause we need her for…' , his thoughts were cut off by your voice.

"Well , sorry to spoil the party but I'm off , there are new episodes with Yu Yu in an hour and I'm not gonna miss them just cause you two dimwits stand in my way…" , you growled and started leaving. The boys first stared at you in disbelief and then snorted.

"Baka ningen , you are still coming with us!' , Kuronue growled and charged at you. With a swift kick , he was meeting mister cement. You grinned at the idiot bat-demon and looked at Yoko , challenging him to attack and suffer the same fate as Kuronue.

The fox just grinned back , that made you curious. Suddenly , vines popped out of nowhere and circled your body , holding you tight. Yoko came towards you and lifted you up bridal-style again , continuing his way as if nothing had happened.

"Move your sorry butt and get here or I'll spread the word through all Makai that the great Kuronue was beaten by a ningen girl!" , Yoko yelled over his shoulder , not bothering to wait for his friend.

"Feh! Baka ningen!" , Kuronue said while slowly standing up. He dusted himself off and ran towards the two of you. He glared daggers at you and you just stuck your tongue out at him.

"Don't make me cut that off!" , Kuronue snickered , but he didn't scare you. You were trying far to hard to get those vines off of you as to notice the youkai glaring at you the whole time.

"It's no use , the harder you try , the more energy you'll loose , why not just come peacefully?" , Yoko said and looked at you.

Even though you liked him , you could kill him now.

"I do not come peacefully when I'm kidnapped by the king of thieves and his little pet bat with no apparent reason!' , you spat and earned yourself a growl from Kuronue and a chuckle from Yoko.

"If we gave you a reason , would you come peacefully?" , Yoko asked , you just nodded .

"Of course.." , `NOT!' ,you thought.

"I wouldn't believe a ningen scum…" , Kuronue muttered and glared at you.

"Get a life bat-boy!" , you spat.

"There's the portal!" , Yoko said a bit happy to return home and he jumped in with you , Kuronue right behind the two of you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~

ancient-secret: is covered in cream and flower "Cake's ready!!! And the first chapter too!^^ Hope you liked the first chapter inu.-sess.fan and happy birthday again^^!"

Mom: comes into kitchen , almost gets a heart attack "What the…who did this?" looks angry at me

ancient-secret: "Yami did it , I swear!"

Yami: comes into kitchen and has no idea what awaits him

Mom: looks like she's about to kill , and believe me , she is "Oooh , Yamiiiiiii…"

Yami: "I know that look , help!" starts running for dear life " I didn't eat the cookies , I swear!"

ancient-secret: "Yami , watch out , mom's got a lamp!" watches mom chase pour little Yami "Well ,bye and happy birthday again! =^0^="